It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble Swallowing: Possible radiation symptom emerging?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thought it was just me but at our local buddhist temple several locals were discussing this problem also. We are on the west coast, in Los Angeles county of CA.

As for myself I'm a vegan, am not on any meds, and am in overall great health. I've never had this problem til some months ago back in 2013 and it seems like its getting worse.

I rarely go to the doctor, but think I will go ahead and take care of my 2014 annual physical sometime soon. Though, I'm not counting on my doctor to offer a solution..

I'd value more some insight from a conspiracy site.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

edit on 12-1-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

few months ago you say, the beginning of flu season?

sometimes the biggest conspiracy is there isn't one...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Radiation Exposure Symptoms:

Bleeding from the nose, mouth, gums, and rectum
Bloody stool
Bruising
Confusion
Dehydration
Diarrhea
Fainting
Fatigue
Fever
Hair loss
Inflammation of exposed areas (redness, tenderness, swelling, bleeding)
Mouth ulcers
Nausea and vomiting
Open sores on the skin
Skin burns (redness, blistering)
Sloughing of skin
Ulcers in the esophagus, stomach or intestines
Vomiting blood
Weakness

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I hope it isn't the radiation. But to be safe i suggest moving out of CA as all signs point to CA being hit the hardest first.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I would exclude all other possibilities before jumping to the radiation sickness boat.

Like the flu or allergies.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I got the flu one week before Christmas and didnt shake the flu symptoms until 3 week later (days ago).

However, I've had trouble swallowing months before last month. And while achy itchy throat is one thing, but ongoing trouble swallowing to the point one is choking on bananas, bread, even just coffee or veggie smoothie, is just excessive and kinda life threatening.

Anyways I hope its not a regional problem because I'm not leaving CA for another state - if I have to leave, might as well get out of the whole area between Japan, Hawaii, and Europe.

My family are from the mediterranean and central east asia, maybe I will go there but only if/when US SHTF or theres nuclear fallout.

Is there a nuclear fallout yet?

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Make sure that it isn't just general inflammation.

If you go to store and buy Naproxen try taking two pills twice a day (around 440 mg) morning and night for a week.

If the problem doesn't go away then go to the doctor and get an Xray.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

vkey08

few months ago you say, the beginning of flu season?

sometimes the biggest conspiracy is there isn't one...

If it started a few months ago, and it is "getting worse" It sure the hell is not the flu, Duh! Common sense. If the OP has the flu, its the longest case I have ever heard of!
edit on 12-1-2014 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

This is going to sound totally mad, and 'out there' but I know you're a gardener, like myself. Last year, I bought a fresh bag of compost for sowing seeds, and when I opened it, a cloud of fumes (Not the right word probably) came out, and as my head was close to the bag opening, I inhaled some of those fumes. Later that day, I noticed my throat getting sore. Over the next few days, it got to the point where I could hardly breath or eat. Long story short, after about 4 weeks I sought medical advice. Apparently it was a reaction to these fumes I'd inhaled. No meds needed. It just went away again.

It's a long shot, but can you recall doing similar when the trouble started?

EDIT: Erm, I may have confused you with someone else.
Are you a gardener?
If not, ignore the above. Name confused me.

edit on 12-1-2014 by MissBeck because: To add

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thanks you guys for sharing input, will definitely follow some of your recommendations in addition to consult doc this week.

Stumbled across quite a bit of info now on radiotherapy patients developing swallowing problems..

swallowing food or water feels like i'm swallowing shards of glass. This is not fun.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

We are on the West Coast Ca also and my husband has this problem but it started before the disaster in Japan.

I have looked it up and it is common, a feeling of an obstruction when swallowing. He complains of the discomfort all the time but the Dr said there is nothing wrong. Just look it up, it just seems to be a feeling and effects a lot of people.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Globus Pharyngis

See if any of that fits with your experience. I had the bad luck of experiencing it first hand and it scared me terribly.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We've had the flu out here in flyover and aside from an extremely irritated throat that really bothers me most mornings when I first wake up and doesn't straighten out until I've had about a gallon (exaggeration) of hot tea, we're over it, but it's been since before Christmas on the flu and throat.

My point is that some of the stuff going around right now takes a while to clear up.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I myself am very careful about what I confess with my mouth.
Or vibrate into the universe. Some may call it cursing or jinxing yourself.

Or maybe hypochondria. Maybe I'm hoping so because I'm out here in Apple Valley Ca.

Or maybe this is the beginning. IDK

(takes a big gul-p of iodine laced Kool-aid)
edit on 12-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Hi everyone, I just created a new account here to reply to this topic because I might have an answer for you.

First question: Do you hav a smartphone or tablet?
second : How often and how long do you use them continiously?
third : Do you pay attention to your posture when using those devices?

I ask those questions because I have a lot of people in my practise with similar complaints. I am a sportmasseur and most people can be helped to overcome those complaints with a neck/throat massage and some advise on posture. In your neck you have a whole bunch of muscles which can become strained from wrong posture when using a smartphone. If you have your head tilted forward with your chin towards your chest you tense those musles around your throat and larynx, which can cause those kind of complaints.

More and more people with similar complaints are coming in since most people carry smartphones nowadays. Prolonged use without paying attention to how your posture is when using those devices is most likely causing your problem.

Instead of lowering your head, bring your arms up when holding you phone.

I hope my advise is of some use to you!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MissBeck

Fumes from a compost bag!!!

Well I garden, I use compost and I'm in the UK...what was the make of compost?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

[snip]

OP just go to the doctor. You don't have radiation poisoning. I get a weird throat thing sometimes when the weather changes. I sleep with my enormous yapper wide open and my throat dries out, wake up with a mild sore throat/goofy lump thing. I've also on occasion yawned so hard reading my own posts that I've strained something. This has also happened from exercise. Also from yelling at sporting events. There are many culprits for painful swallowing, about the last of which you should be worried about is radiation poisoning. Just because a few other people agreed with you doesn't mean squat, people are a little too quick to commiserate with someone complaining by pretending to have the same ailment. I would think there would be a flood of interwebs complaints from tons of people if Californians were getting radiation poisoning.

Maybe you and your buddies are chanting too hard or something. *Smiley face with tongue sticking out playfully*.
edit on 25-1-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join