It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong's Lion Rock Comes to Life

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
In some folklore the lion is a symbol of Buddhism, warning people to abandon evil and promote goodness.

Some citizens in Hong Kong were alarmed to see the eye of the lion (pictured below) turning red on December 22, 2013. They took it as a sign that Hong Kong is in trouble. They appealed to their people to take safety measures.
Watch the short video below to learn about the story and folklore behind this lion rock. It's fascinating!

One citizen, Ms. Xiao Hong, said she was waiting for a bus in the Wong Tai Sin District when she noticed that Lion Rock looked different. She was startled to see that it showed a red eye.
She said the sky and the view were very clear. As she stared at it, the lion’s eye became redder and redder, and its head looked alive, as if it was moving.

Now, wouldn't that just freak you out!!!

Read more about the legend of the red-eyed lion here:
www.theepochtimes.com...

HONG KONG—The enormous eye of Lion Rock in Hong Kong mysteriously turned red a few days before the new year, eyewitnesses reported.
A symbol of Hong Kong’s spirit, the famous Lion Rock is a lion-shaped hill that overlooks Hong Kong’s Kowloon area. At 2pm on Dec. 22, the lion’s eye turned red twice, lasting 30 minutes before fading out.

edit on 1/12/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

My first thought was... is this a bad omen for Hong Kong only, or for all of us?
Also, I wonder whether this has happened in the past before. Would be interesting to do a little research and find out.
I'll see what I can find.
S&F for being interesting as always.

there is a Chinese legend called, when the stone lion's eyes turn red. Its a story about a kind hearted old woman who learned from Bodisafa that a huge flood is about to engulf her village and boddisafa told her to look at the stone lion sitting outside her village and when the lion's eyes turn red, thats when the flood is about to arrive. So the women warned the villagers and they were able to escape this lot of locals know of this legend and of course are concerened whether this means that disaster will fall upon Hong

I found it on several other websites mentioned as a legend, but with no other date of this happening before. I wonder if someone could possibly find out the last time this has happened.
In my belief every legend/myth has some truth to it.
Thanks again for sharing.

edit on 12/1/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Freaky. Kind of like the topiary in Stephen Kings the shining. (The book not the movie)
There are some interesting rock formations in the Mojave desert especially in red rock canyon just outside of Las Vegas. I saw a turtle and a rabbit!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I believe it is only for Hong Kong.

The video talks about what it means when the eyes turn red. You'll like it.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I don't believe in stuff like omens and spacey things like that. Two feet planted firmly on the ground. Of course imagination is a great thing so long as you know what it is your dealing with.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Yeah, because we now suddenly live in a parallel universe in which RED LASERS don't exist...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Couldn't this have something to do with iron ore and rain. That is what turns the rocks red in lake mead in the Mojave.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Well, the lady that took the picture said it lasted for about 30 minutes, getting very bright, then faded away. I have no idea what could have caused it.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It looks like a piece of cloth to me. Cloth fluttering and furling in the wind would make the red eyes appear to wax and wane.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Thank you for your addition. It didn't mention anything about it happening before in my source either. The legend had to come from someone who knew about it, so it must have happened at least once before.

I thought this was really weird!! We'll know soon enough if the legend is true!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Where does it look like a piece of cloth? In the picture, or the video?

It would take some doing to climb up there and reach the eyes to get a piece of cloth just over the eyes. Someone would have to have seen them doing it.

And multiple witnesses said at the same time the eyes turned red, the head appeared to move, as if it were alive!

I don't know what to think about this!!!!!

edit on 1/12/2014 by sled735 because: add comment

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
i think in 2014 where just about everyone has a phone with a camera that no one got any footage. I'm calling hoax!

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

What do you mean no picture?
The picture is right there in the OP.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

To me Red has always meant change. For instance Once a month my girlfriend changes and red seems to bee an integral part of this change

all jokes aside I think red is a symbolic,which can be attributed to pain, death or trauma, due to the fact that when we see our own blood or others it is usually associated with these things.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
I don't believe in stuff like omens and spacey things like that. Two feet planted firmly on the ground. Of course imagination is a great thing so long as you know what it is your dealing with.

If you don't believe in it, why are you in the paranormal forum? LOL

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

one grainy little picture, from a country as small as Hong Kong that has a population of over 7 million. give me a break, the presenter said the head looked like it was actually moving. Where's some video footage of that or at least some still pictures, some tourist pictures. nothing...

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The video I saw was just the same picture. If there is an actual video I'd like to see it.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

The scary part of the thread is that the OP's signature goblin's eyes are - turning red, and then fading. Life imitates art imitating life!

Good thread. I've never heard of the Lion of Hong Kong, redeye or not. thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hong kong has some terrible pollution, to the point it's hard to see the sun in the middle of the city on a bad day. That being said, things might appear to be moving through all the haze. The lions eyes glowing red is interesting.

Instantly reminded me of the Lion eating poet in the stone den.

www.youtube.com... (And you thought Peter Piper was hard)

Maybe the poet's gonna get eaten?
edit on 12-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I was looking around for another video, but I haven't found one yet. The same video I posted is listed in several other places though. Must be the only one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join