It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Bang and all That...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well here's a new concept for myself when talking to a group of autistic children about space and time travel and the creation of the universe.
And I heard something new from a 12 year old girl. Maybe I'm just not up to date with "what's out there" but here goes....
After time discussing planets etc and the big bang, up she pops with "Well you know there was another universe before ours that exploded creating our big bang" Wooooosh!!!!!!!!!! went my brain. Things started to fly around my head.

So I thought maybe universal life spans explode after time, create another one and fire up then die for eternity.
Got me thinking on a master creator, parallel universes,string theory, time travel etc.
Maybe I'm just too green to have heard this before...

We do need a new forum titled.... OH, I'VE JUST GOT IT!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Ohh man, I love this stuff, but if you think about it to much your head will explode, I have heard that two parallel Universes have touched creating another Universe, Ours (the Big Bang). Maybe that's what they were talking about.

But the hole gets deeper and stranger.

Level 2: If you go far enough, you’ll fall into wonderland
In a Level 2 parallel universe, regions of space are continuing to undergo an inflation phase. Because of the continuing inflationary phase in these universes, space between us and the other universes is literally expanding faster than the speed of light — and they are, therefore, completely unreachable.

Two possible theories present reasons to believe that Level 2 parallel universes may exist: eternal inflation and ekpyrotic theory.

In eternal inflation, recall that the quantum fluctuations in the early universe’s vacuum energy caused bubble universes to be created all over the place, expanding through their inflation stages at different rates. The initial condition of these universes is assumed to be at a maximum energy level, although at least one variant, chaotic inflation, predicts that the initial condition can be chaotically chosen as any energy level, which may have no maximum, and the results will be the same.

The findings of eternal inflation mean that when inflation starts, it produces not just one universe, but an infinite number of universes.

Right now, the only noninflationary model that carries any kind of weight is the ekpyrotic model, which is so new that it’s still highly speculative.

Parallel Universe for dummies
S+F for triggering my imagination

new topics

join