It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of emergency in West Virgina - Chemical spill (affecting 9 counties).

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yesterday my son's school closed early and is closed today. Now this.

www.wowktv.com...

I think the governor need a nice cool glass of shut the fk up.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sevnuvnine

If you were the governor what would you do for this worsening crisis?

Seems to me the only answer is to cut the water supply off permanently til they figure it out. But I am sure, the citizens would raise heck about that.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If I were the governor I would give the order for an extensive investigation, which he has not. I would bombard FEMA and any other federal agency to provide water distribution, and not bulk supply. When they first started the bulk distribution it was found out that they were filling the tanks from contaminated sources. I would ensure that those responsible were held accountable, both WVAM and Freedom, and that every house affected be compensated by both relief on their bills, and replacement of the hot water tanks in every single house. I would demand that the CDC and EPA disclose every result from their tests, and do a house by house test. I would attend every single meeting held by the people that have questions about their water. Every single one. And I wouldn't give a speech that was clearly written by someone else that contradicts everything stated by every other agency that is investigating the issue. I would do my job.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I agree and everything that can be done should be. But the times we live in, it is all about who is going to pay. I would bet my last paycheck that behind closed doors that is the real story. Since the company filed bankruptcy, now all the agencies are fighting about who to pay.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There have been non stop water concerns in the tri state area since around the time of this spill. Not just from the spill either. Ashland and surrounding towns have been out and running out of water reserves, as well as issuing warnings about the water when it was on. With all these problems it shows these states (and maybe this country) wasn't ready for this kind of winter. I really feel for the people in Charleston who are at the epicenter of the spill, because it seems there is problem enough with getting clean water (i've seen boiled water advisories for a month now).

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Water mains keep bursting, that's why they keep issuing boil water advisories. I just don't understand how things just keep going wrong. I have no doubt that our politicians are deep in the pockets of the industries that are poisoning this state. West Virginia is a good ole boy club, and it always has been.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Rachel Maddow is doing a good job reporting on it.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I have been following this story and her show seems the most informative. I was born in Mississippi and went for a visit after many years of being away. I was taken by surprise at how many of my old friends had colon cancer or had died from colon cancer. This is stark difference from the health condition of my friends in the NW. We all smoke and drink and between 65 and 73.

I was thinking how everything empties into the Mississippi River, which is why this story interests me.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Check it out. Another leak into our river today.

www.wvgazette.com...

I wish there were a way for me to monitor how many cases of a terminal illness crop up in my area in the next 2 to 10 years.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

And Marmet

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join