It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About Gold & The Human Body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
My skin seems to dissolve gold, and until reading that there are no chemical processes that exist within the human body capable of either tarnishing or dissolving gold, I didn't really think much about it. Now, I'm thinking a lot more about it, and am trying to find out what could be the reason why my skin literally dissolves gold jewelry (bracelets and chains, have been the most notable) to the point where you can weigh the difference between one year and the next if I'm wearing a specific chain on my wrist every day. I wear silver now, and it doesn't happen with silver, but the last gold wrist chain I wore every day lost two grams of weight within 3 years, with no indication of where the gold was wearing thin relative to any other area on the chain itself.

I have gold crowns, and - so far - I have not indication that they've ever been affected, but then, how would I know, since they stay in my mouth.

I've always assumed that I have a high ph system, but apparently, human body acids (and alkaline chemicals) are not of the right composition to affect the molecular structure of gold. These gold pieces are not being scraped or sanded, but they are losing weight and size as a result of daily contact with my skin. I'm just wonder if anyone else here has dealt with this, and if they have any insights.

oh, and I don't know if this is connected, but mosquitoes avoid me like death itself. I can fall asleep inside a tank that infested with the little bastards, and they won't come near me. Maybe that is caused by the same thing that is dissolving the gold, but I have no idea.
edit on 1/8/2014 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Could it be simply daily abrasion wearing it down rather than a chemical process?

Gold is rather soft remember, while silver is softer it depends on the purity also. Perhaps less pure silver wears down slower so perhaps your gold is good and pure

Paint some gold leaf onto the back of your hand and see what happens

edit on 8-1-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I would guess that you may be handling something containing mercury. Mercury will disolve gold if the sweat is acidic. You probably wash it off. I know someone who can dissolve the backs off of a watch unless it is nonmagnetic stainless steel. Where does this metal go? It is probably absorbed.

Mercury can cause gold to disolve. Our bodies do emit methyl mercury, it is one way they get rid of mercury. You need sulfur in your diet for this to occur. Sulfur compounds help to chelate many metals out of the body. Maybe just a little too much garlic or onions in your diet? Too many cruciferous veggies?

A little gold in the body won't hurt anyone, too much on the other hand is no good.

If you are troubled with this, just don't wear jewelry or anything metal. We do not need to be wearing jewelry. That is a conditioning that was taught to us over thousands of years.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Probably wear at a guess.

I used to wear gold every day until I became allergic to it in my 20's, even very pure 24c and white gold.

Bizarrely I became non allergic to gold again when I was pregnant but the allergy returned after giving birth.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I don't know about the gold thing, but are you a cigarette smoker , because it is to my understanding that chemicals that a person sweats out from smoking cigarettes is very powerful mosquito repellant.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Do you do a lot a cleaning using solvents?

Gold can disolve in certain chemicals including chlorine (bleach) among a few other solvents.

Best to get your marigolds on if you use a lot of solvent mate!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hmm strange yet interesting - just the stuff I love. I'll look around and see if I can dig up anything about this.

Here's what I found:

What to eat to avoid mosquito bites

Mosquitoes find their victims by smell. Specifically, their sensory organs are trained to zero in on sources of carbon dioxide and lactic acid because these chemicals lead them to warm-blooded animals, like you and me. 
Chemical repellents like OFF! repel mosquitoes, but not because mosquitoes don’t like the smell of these repellents. Rather, it’s because the chemical DEET is very effective at masking the smell of carbon dioxide and lactic acid. When you’re wearing DEET, the mosquitoes can’t smell you and so they leave you alone. Natural repellents like geranium oil or citronella work the same way, they just don’t seem to be quite as effective as DEET.

Gold salts and Rheumatoid Arthritis

Gold Salts for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Examples
Oral (by mouth)
Generic Name
Brand Name
gold/auranofin
Ridaura
Intramuscular (by a shot or injection)
Generic Name
Brand Name
gold aurothioglucose
Solganal
gold sodium thiomalate
Aurolate, Myochrysine
How It Works
It is not understood exactly how gold works to treat rheumatoid arthritis. But gold salts appear to accumulate slowly in the body and, over time, they reduce inflammation and slow the progression of rheumatoid arthritis.
Gold injections are given every week for the first 22 weeks. After that, gold may be given less often if it is working.1
Why It Is Used
Gold is used to reduce inflammation and slow disease progression in people with rheumatoid arthritis. Gold is not usually the first treatment given to people with rheumatoid arthritis, since methotrexate and other disease-modifying antirheumaticdrugs (DMARDs) are available.

Gold and how it effects the human body

BY DR. ROBERT C. BRIGHT

Gold has been known to possess a warm energy that brings
soothing vibrations to the body to aid in the healing process

Think, does anyone completely understand the importance of energy and how energies affect the body? Does anyone realize the significance and ramifications involved spiritually, mentally and physically when the body adapts to different energy forms, patterns and forces? In generations past, the techniques and philosophies of health, along with experiments with energies, often included various metals and their effect on the body. The effects of gold are subtle, but definitely apparent.
When studying energies, we find that in some older societies and older countries, gold was used for healing or was thought to have had healing properties. They used, at that time, 24-karat gold, not gold alloyed with other metals. Other metals change the properties of the pure gold and the vibrations emitting from it. If a person took pure gold and put it on an infection or a sore spot, it was said to help heal the wound and control infection. It was considered that gold possessed an energy that brought warm, soothing vibrations to the body to aid healing, for when the body relaxes and the blood vessels in the cells aren’t as constricted, blood can move through the tissue spaces more easily. Since all healing is the growth of new cells replacing the dead cells, the body would heal much better and faster, just as those people who have learned to meditate and use the other various arts of relaxation can testify.

edit on 8-1-2014 by Time2Think because: added lots of information and fixed up hyperlinks

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Maybe you ooze nitric and hydrochloric acid. Aqua regia will dissolve gold.

Me, I can polish brass with my sweat. I used to be popular around the barracks with people who forgot their Brasso.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Something impossible has happened. Yet the “impossible” has been proven to be true. Laboratories around the globe have confirmed that the rate of radioactive decay—once thought to be a constant and a bedrock of science—is no longer a constant. Something being emitted from the sun is interacting with matter in strange and unknown ways with the startling potential to dramatically change the nature of the very Earth itself.

Strange Emissions by Sun are Suddenly Mutating Matter

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by m3lh4d0

Wrong thread?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Being in the watch/jewelery business off and on for many years.
I've seen people who've reacted strangely to different metals touching their skins.

Let's talk about gold. The gold jewelry you wear is not 100% gold.
It comes in different karats. 24k is pure gold. 18k is about 75% gold, 14k is about 58% gold and so on.

24K = .999
18K = .750
14K = .585
10K = .417

The other percentage of the metal is an alloy usually silver and copper. So depending on the mix of silver or copper in the alloy you get different colors.

Now it's possible that your sweat is eating away at the copper in the gold. Do you notice any green tinge to the jewelry?
Or possibly even the silver. I've seen some people that put silver on and turn it black.

So it could possibly be you are really eating away at the bracelet.
edit on 8-1-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by m3lh4d0

I think the solar system is absolutely going through 'dynamics' hitherto unknown by science. The solar system, galaxy and universe are dynamic places, always moving. The solar system is potentially at increased risk whilst traversing the Galactic Plane. The Universe is also INCREASINGLY EXPANDING, which wasn't how science viewed it before.

Therefore there are multiple variables and possibilities hitherto unknown by current science that could be affecting time, matter and other materials on Earth, in the solar system galaxy and Universe.

It's a big world out there!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If you are in a hard water area where a lot of chlorine is added, or swimming in chlorinated water, hot tubs etc it is possibly from chlorine stress

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

grey580

Being in the watch/jewelery business off and on for many years.
I've seen people who've reacted strangely to different metals touching their skins.

Let's talk about gold. The gold jewelry you wear is not 100% gold.
It comes in different karats. 24k is pure gold. 18k is about 75% gold, 14k is about 58% gold and so on.

24K = .999
18K = .750
14K = .585
10K = .417

The other percentage of the metal is an alloy usually silver and copper. So depending on the mix of silver or copper in the alloy you get different colors.

Now it's possible that your sweat is eating away at the copper in the gold. Do you notice any green tinge to the jewelry?
Or possibly even the silver. I've seen some people that put silver on and turn it black.

So it could possibly be you are really eating away at the bracelet.
edit on 8-1-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

I did consider this possibility - that I'm dissolving the alloy metals - but would a person's skin chemistry be capable of separating out the alloy materials from 14 and 18 K gold? It almost seems unlikely, although I can't seem to find definitive information concerning what it takes - besides melting down - to separate the gold from the alloy mixture.

Also, I have never worked any jobs that put me in contact with mercury or any other kinds of chemicals used for cleaning or production. Besides, the dissolving gold has mainly been link bracelets and neck chains. You don't wear that kind of stuff when working production jobs. Any line supervisor that would allow that would be out of a job in short order.

The chances that my wrist and neck/chest skin has been grinding away grams of 14 and 18 K gold material from these chains seems a bit unlikely. I am wrapped in skin - not sandpaper.

I'm certainly not excreting mercury through my skin to the degree that the relatively small area of skin capable of being in contact with a link bracelet would have mercury of a high enough concentration to affect the mass weight and size of a loose-fitting gold link bracelet. Hell, I'd have to be dripping the stuff all the time for that to happen.

I don't know. It's not as if I haven't considered each of these already. Some stuff isn't as easy to figure out as you might think. It's something chemical, but so far, I can't figure it out or find anyone who can.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
If you are in a hard water area where a lot of chlorine is added, or swimming in chlorinated water, hot tubs etc it is possibly from chlorine stress

This looks promising. Thanks. I'm going to look into this. Perhaps examining the specific ph properties of highly chlorinated water will help me to understand my own sweat's ph balance issue relative to these gold pieces.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

My thinking is in line with yours. I will say I love that show about real life super humans. You know the one that are magnetic, or can absorb electricity or swim in ice cold water etc etc etc. We are discovering that their are allot of special people around the world. Some we can explain answer some we have no answer for.

Need more info. Like does it happen over time, how long.

Are you sweating.

Working with chemicals.

Types of clothing worn.

Where are you geographically. Could be environmental.

Do you know for sure about the purity of the gold. For instance person caught selling gold in mall that in tests showed had little or no gold in it, despite being stamped so. This could explain your issue.

Lots of actual data missing here to give real answers lol.

The Bot

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

dlbott
reply to post by grey580

My thinking is in line with yours. I will say I love that show about real life super humans. You know the one that are magnetic, or can absorb electricity or swim in ice cold water etc etc etc. We are discovering that their are allot of special people around the world. Some we can explain answer some we have no answer for.

Need more info. Like does it happen over time, how long.

Are you sweating.

I do sweat when I'm hot. Like most folks.

Working with chemicals.

Never

Types of clothing worn.

Generally no clothing covering the wrists. Even with a button-down shirt, I'll roll the sleeves.

Where are you geographically. Could be environmental.

I was mostly in New Hampshire. Clean air and low environmental impact overall.

Do you know for sure about the purity of the gold. For instance person caught selling gold in mall that in tests showed had little or no gold in it, despite being stamped so. This could explain your issue.

I've sold these pieces for weight since, and the quality was verified at the sale - 14K and 18K. No beach jewelry.

Lots of actual data missing here to give real answers lol.

The Bot

Will this help?

top topics

join