It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four US Servicmen Killed In Helicopter Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
News is just coming in that 4 US Servicemen have been killed in The UK. Here is the latest on this tragedy:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

My thoughts and condolences go to their families.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

oh damn, what is it with helicopter crashes recently, we have had somthing like 3 now in 6 months.

My thoughts and condolences go to their families.

Indeed.
edit on 7-1-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Interesting speculation just now on bbc that this could be a special forces training exercise gone wrong.

very sad news all the same

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Indeed, too early to speculate, RAF have confirmed it was a training exercise. A 400m cordon is in effect as they are unsure what ordnance the helicopter was carrying.

Sad for the families.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Very sad and no doubt a needless loss of life.

I wonder why they were flying around the British countryside with live ammunition. Were they expecting trouble from the natives?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

SummerLightning
Very sad and no doubt a needless loss of life.

I wonder why they were flying around the British countryside with live ammunition. Were they expecting trouble from the natives?

It's called a live fire exercise.

We do those from time to time.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The helicopter does not looked damaged news.sky.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
The helicopter does not looked damaged news.sky.com...

Probably because the picture they have taken is of another pave hawk that landed on the marshes to help.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The weather is quite poor here in the UK - although I'm not certain what the conditions in Norfolk currently are. Anyhow, given the helicopter seems to be relatively intact, this looks like it could be the result of engine failure and an auto-rotate landing that was controlled enough to maintain the structural integrity of the vehicle, but sadly not some of the passengers.

Do we know if there was more than four personnel on board?

In any event, a very sad event. RIP those chaps.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
The picture that sky news and bbc are using is of another pave hawk that landed to assist the recovery

It's mentioned in both sky news and bbc's reports so the image used IS NOT the downed aircraft. It helps if you read the articles and the captions under the pictures they used
edit on 8-1-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I see the witnesses are saying they could hear it and then it sounded "different".......and then crashed. Very early days, but that looks very much like mechanical fault / malfunction.

That part of the UK gets a lot of low level flying (planes and helicopters) and also a lot of low level search and rescue training. I also found it interesting that they were discussing this morning how congress kept stalling on upgrade plans for these helicopters, although i do not know how accurate that is (media speculation possibly?). If it turns out to be the case, you would suspect upgrades will suddenly have funding available to them.......

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker
The picture that sky news and bbc are using is of another pave hawk that landed to assist the recovery

It's mentioned in both sky news and bbc's reports so the image used IS NOT the downed aircraft. It helps if you read the articles and the captions under the pictures they used
edit on 8-1-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added text
They did not say that originally.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Then be patient ! Lol sorry mate I replied to your comment on your thread regarding this

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

ThePeaceMaker

Then be patient ! Lol sorry mate I replied to your comment on your thread regarding this
yes you are right i tend to jump the gun,take note ats.er's. Sorrreeeeeeee

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Lol my last comment was a tongue in cheek remark
nothing serious

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

And now sites are reporting that a Navy copter crashed in Virginia, US.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

So was mine lol.
Whats wrong with all these copter crashes? The glasgow crash was only a few weeks ago

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Im surprised none of you have noticed that there was two crashes within two days.... Both American choppers..... And..... The first crashed in Norfolk England and the second one crashed in Norfolk Virginia...... Weird eh.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Weird indeed,

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

I said that above your comment with a link.....lol
edit on 8-1-2014 by cheebie23 because: Fixed a word*

top topics

join