It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meaning of Life?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
this question has plagued our race for centuries but no ones has been able to actually answer it. People have made their own interpretation of it though. This is my interpretation of it.

As humans we are put on the planet without knowledge of our surroundings and we are scared of what we dont know or what is unexplainable in nature. But as a race we have put our heads together and made it through the hard parts with knowledge of how to figure it out and get past it as a race. I believe once humans have done what needs to be done, discovered what there is to discover, and drained this planet of all knowledge unexplainable in nature only then can we be truly at peace with ourselves.

what im saying here is "once we are at peace with our surroundings only then can we be at peace with ourselves" -me

thats my interpretation of life. you could have a different one and i totally support it if you do.
edit on CST03America/Chicagoth2014Tue, 07 Jan 2014 15:47:54 -06002014-01-07T15:47:54-06:00America/ChicagoTue, 07 Jan 2014 15:47:54 -0600America/Chicago by golden23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by golden23

Apparently we aren't suppose to know.

However, a couple of observations I see

1. Energy is transformed and can't be created nor destroyed.
2. We are energy.
3. All living things have unique personal experiences.

So I assume the answer has to do with those things.

However, I'm not sure I believe peace is part of the equation as much as I would like it to be as nature proves violence is quite common among nature.
edit on 7-1-2014 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I think if we understand and accept we are just another life form amongst many lifeforms and all of us bound by restrictions beyond our current control to leave this flying space ball that we inhabit... it is therefore of utmost importance we learn to respect the needs of all lifeforms and not run away with the idea we are the number one priority. that would be a very self centered conclusion.. therefore we must understand also we are no more important than any life form on this planet. we are what we are and we do what we do, just like all the other inhabitants they too are what they are and do what they do.. when we understand this in its basic raw and simple form, and give the respect to our co inhabitants we are going in the right direction to finding that elusive feeling of real peace and happiness, although I am not sure that love is a by product of all this understanding, I think that is much more rare than humans realise and is very very difficult to find the real thing. otherwise we can be happy within ourselves and in our hearts when we see we are only one ingredient of the cake, and that doesnt mean we are the fancy topping we must remember these things and just like letting your pet pooch out for a run, so too we can do that with our soul, and allow it some little freedom which will replenish your heart and help to bond you with your surrounding universe as one entity.......
thanks for post and those are nice thoughts you have, don't let anyone change them...
flipflop

link   
reply to post by interupt42

("energy cant be created nor destroyed" is one of the 2 laws if thermodynamics. jst sayin) it could be almost anything, it doent have to fall under those 3 categories over all the others. but i see how you say specifically those 3 because they pertain to us and not all beings are beings of energy like us

link   
The meaning of life is rather simple, to exist.

You will go crazy thinking about it too much

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

From my point of view (conditioning) its to be free of ideologies, of systems, political or religious.

But people give life an ideological significance according to their own conditioning so answering this is near impossible

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

sorry but someone had yo say it

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

lol that would be death

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I thought the meaning of life was to give someone elses life meaning.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The meaning of physical life (its purpose) it for mankind to be transformed into the children of God (Elohim) over a sequence of ages and events perfectly planned to re-fashion the natural thinking of free moral agents (free thinking beings) into willing agreement with the mind of the Creator God.

When all free moral agents are in unity of thought, while maintaining unique creative personalities; all things will be at peace and the purpose of physical existence will have been successfully accomplished. God would have successfully reproduced His being (mind, way of thinking, spirit) in billions of children.

"Let Elohim (God family) create, over time, mankind in the like minded way of thinking of Elohim (God family)" - Genesis 1:26

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

SO wait are you saying once were done gaining all the knowledge that is out there. (I dont even know such a concept is possible) We as humans will be at peace??

I dont know if I agree with that.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

you dont have to agree with it. its just my opinion

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

golden23

("energy cant be created nor destroyed" is one of the 2 laws if thermodynamics. jst sayin) it could be almost anything, it doent have to fall under those 3 categories over all the others. but i see how you say specifically those 3 because they pertain to us and not all beings are beings of energy like us

Wasn't saying that it has to fall ONLY under those 3 categories, those were just observations that appear to be across the board among living things. Hence they might be of significance in getting to the answer.

As for :

not all beings are beings of energy like us

I'm not sure of any living thing that doesn't require energy to sustain life, at least that I can think of as of now?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The meaning of life is to live, love, laugh, and experience all of the wonderful things that come with it.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

what i mean by "beings of energy" is that we are more introspective and philisophical then many other species. we have more brain power. we meditate to gain energy or motivation. there is an internal spiritual energy that flows throughout us. not " they eat food so there beings of energy also"

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Still they have a purpose and whether we think we are more of value than they are: life in general appears to have those traits in common as far as I can see.

Perhaps we (all life forms) are here to experience personal experiences (all life forms have personal experience) then when we die our energy is transferred into the universal energy bin bucket where those experiences are universally shared?

So in reality life COULD be just about an experience that can be transferred back to the main universal hub and therefore there is no such thing as good or bad or one life more valuable than another. That could explain yin-yang (evil and good in the world) , and why we don't know the purpose of life or what happens before or after our existence in order to avoid being biased or tainted.
edit on 7-1-2014 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Close your eyes and imagine a window, with nothing beyond.

Open your eyes and see it, with everything beyond it you can never imagine.

That is life.

~Selah

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

golden23

what im saying here is "once we are at peace with our surroundings only then can we be at peace with ourselves" -me

Unfortunately this scenario can never come true. Why? Because human beings are unpredictable and we can never know what the person next to us is capable of. Thus the actions and reactions of others will remain a constant guess.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

your not getting it

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
As I've stated before, it goes like this:

The universe is a race between chaos (entropy) and life (anti-entropy). The universe doesn't exist without a life to observe it, collapsing the quantum wave function. The goal of life is to perpetuate itself, to keep its DNA active. To do that, it eats and engulfs matter/energy into its matrix, modifying itself as necessary to adapt to all environments. At some point, life will engulf everything in the entire universe into itself, then use its super-consciousness to collapse the wave function and bootstrap the universe (and itself) into existence. It will happen; it has happened; it is happening.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join