It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan's Statue design unveiled in Oklahoma

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

The statue doesn't look anything like resembling an 'angel of light' which he masquerades as so this statue is just something plain ugly and deliberately provocative. Therefore is should not be allowed. Satan appears only in the Bible and this does not describe him. Any official who allows it is both stupid and ignorant.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by abeverage

I was right. The snakes can be interpreted as being the feminine aspect, in contrast to the rod being the male aspect. Sexual equality certainly seems to be a theme one would find unpopular in older times. Seems to me that Satan is the embodiment of all progressive concepts and ideologies, everything that a conservative fundamentalist would find offensive or questionable.

The act of placing the monument in such proximity to a Judaic monument, in itself, reflects a certain equality reminiscent of the progressive flavor which made Satanism so frightening and repellent. If they manage to pull it off, I'm going to laugh. But first, I will demand pictures.

ETA: oh, and they didn't just cover the crotch. They covered EVERYTHING, from the neck down. Seems a little conservative, but there's nothing wrong with that.
edit on 7-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I honestly know only so much about the depictions of the caduceus with Baphomet so I am sure there are other reason or interpretations. I do find that interesting and plausible given its location in the lower belly.

I would also want pictures!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

I thought ATS was full of truth seekers (which usually represents a higher level of intelligence) but after reading this thread.....

well if anyone thinks it's a good idea to put a big statue of Baphomet in the center of our country....you are most probably retarded.

This will not end well for us.....

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

MadMax9
reply to post by payta

The statue doesn't look anything like resembling an 'angel of light' which he masquerades as so this statue is just something plain ugly and deliberately provocative. Therefore is should not be allowed. Satan appears only in the Bible and this does not describe him. Any official who allows it is both stupid and ignorant.

If freedom of religion permits the instatement of a Christian monument on public property, it cannot then forbid the instatement of a Satanic monument. This is discrimination on religious grounds and is quite literally illegal. The only other recourse is to either allow any religious monument that is submitted to be instated on that property, or refuse the instatement of any religious monument on that property. Which would then require the removal of the Christian monument that is already in place.

All things considered, they should just swallow their pride and permit the monument to be instated. Things are getting steadily more progressive over the years, there's no use fighting that which does no harm.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Oooo I also noticed that the chest/breasts (I know, I know how late I was on that) were covered!

Must be some real conservative satanists!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

abeverage
Oooo I also noticed that the chest/breasts (I know, I know how late I was on that) were covered!

Must be some real conservative satanists!

I would bet that they are very carefully toeing the line on what would hurt their case and what wouldn't. They are being as traditional as possible while also keeping it in line with regulations. The point is NOT to prove Christians right, but to prove themselves equal in the eyes of society. If they have to sacrifice, er, breasts to achieve that aim, then they will. Mammary tissues can come later, behind closed doors and accompanied by copious amounts of communion win - I mean, beer. Yes, beer.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

MadMax9
reply to post by payta

If freedom of religion permits the instatement of a Christian monument on public property, it cannot then forbid the instatement of a Satanic monument. This is discrimination on religious grounds and is quite literally illegal. The only other recourse is to either allow any religious monument that is submitted to be instate on that property, or refuse the instatement of any religious monument on that property. Which would then require the removal of the Christian monument that is already in place.

All things considered, they should just swallow their pride and permit the monument to be instated. It's the same principle as recreational use of marijuana and legalization of gay marriage.

............................................................................................
and if I say I worship .... let's say ... lamps or beer bottles.....then should I also be able to put statues of "my" deities? So now every government property from LA to NY will be covered in every ridiculous religion man comes up with? Or should we allow just ones from very well documented and respected and followed religions to the God that most of us pray to? Or do we allow none?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

............................................................................................
and if I say I worship .... let's say ... lamps or beer bottles.....then should I also be able to put statues of "my" deities? So now every government property from LA to NY will be covered in every ridiculous religion man comes up with? Or should we allow just ones from very well documented and respected and followed religions to the God that most of us pray to? Or do we allow none?

How many times has this argument been used to succor the ignorant habits of selfish folk? Every kind of discrimination has readily and eagerly made use of the very question you are now submitting to the forums. And tell me, how much chaos and disruption and mayhem have we suffered as a result of regarding as women and black people as equal to the rest of society?

Clearly, this argument is nothing more than that for which it is oft employed. I have little patience for the petty tricks of the discriminatory. Not long ago, a man was permitted to have his official employee photo taken with a strainer on his head. Why? Because he's a Pastafarian, and he has the same rights every other red-blooded American does, right down to his religion and its tenets. So if it's a beer bottle you worship, get a petition and send it 'round. If, that is, you're sober enough to convince the city council that yes, a monument in the image of a whiskey cask is exactly what that park needs to lend a constructive and educated air to its town image.

If you want a word of advice, you could put a spin on it and throw in paraphrased versions of the 12 steps as your commandments. That might be cool. Just be sure to give credit to St. Monica, the patron saint of alcoholics...

catholicalcoholic.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
your country has it seriously... You've being freed long ago, it's been given to you a huge piece of land to progress and you fall into your own #$@ " oblivion", you let abominations to rule you. Do not argue why you have -60celcium in USA right now and why niagara falls are frozen, like apocalyptic movie. Thats only a warning. The next thing, will be USA extinction.

If they let you a bit longer, surely beyond statues of dark, we will see baby sacrifices, etc in USA (thats the next lvlup), or you may sacrifice elders, because of the agenta 21 (haha), but I think this abomination loves baby sacrifices, thats the teachings in your children if you let these things happening!... Thats what corruption of a civilization means.

I think, the warnings are already being given, this is your last chance to change things.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

How many times has this argument been used to succor the ignorant habits of selfish folk? Every kind of discrimination has readily and eagerly made use of the very question you are now submitting to the forums. And tell me, how much chaos and disruption and mayhem have we suffered as a result of regarding as women and black people as equal to the rest of society?

Clearly, this argument is nothing more than that for which it is oft employed. I have little patience for the petty tricks of the discriminatory. Not long ago, a man was permitted to have his official employee photo taken with a strainer on his head. Why? Because he's a Pastafarian, and he has the same rights every other red-blooded American does, right down to his religion and its tenets. So if it's a beer bottle you worship, get a petition and send it 'round. If, that is, you're sober enough to convince the city council that yes, a monument in the image of a whiskey cask is exactly what that park needs to lend a constructive and educated air to its town image.

If you want a word of advice, you could put a spin on it and throw in paraphrased versions of the 12 steps as your commandments. That might be cool. Just be sure to give credit to St. Monica, the patron saint of alcoholics...

catholicalcoholic.com...

........................................................................................................................
there is a big difference between ensuring the rights of blacks and women are secure and allowing the public display and respect of Satan......silly comparison really

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Ploutonas
your country has it seriously... You've being freed long ago, it's been given to you a huge piece of land to progress and you fall into your own #$@ " oblivion", you let abominations to rule you. Do not argue why you have -60celcium in USA right now and why niagara falls are frozen, like apocalyptic movie. Thats only a warning. The next thing, will be USA extinction.

If they let you a bit longer, surely beyond statues of dark, we will see baby sacrifices, etc in USA (thats the next lvlup), or you may sacrifice elders, because of the agenta 21 (haha), but I think this abomination loves baby sacrifices, thats the teachings in your children if you let these things happening!... Thats what corruption of a civilization means.

I think, the warnings are already being given, this is your last chance to change things.

Let me point in the direction of something about this country and its founders
Then let's make some comparisons shall we?

Do you notice anything familiar? That bottom one resides at the top of the of the US Capital Building Rotunda it is known as the Apotheosis of George Washington.

George Washington was a Freemason and Baphomet is a symbol identified with them. This statue reminds me more of the US first president then it does any depictions of Satan I can think of by Christian definitions.

Like I said very conservative Satanists...

edit on 7-1-2014 by abeverage because: of being to rotunda...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

there is a big difference between ensuring the rights of blacks and women are secure and allowing the public display and respect of Satan......silly comparison really

Have you visited their site and viewed the tenets of their religion? I highly advise that you do so. This "Satan" is merely a figurehead rife with historic symbolry, a pagan icon stolen by the Catholic church for their nefarious smearing campaign designed to scare ignorant folk into willingly bowing their heads for the yokes that would bend their hearts and minds to the cause of the political machine that wore the face of a strict but concerned father merely interested in the health of his children in troubling and dire times.

In short, open your eyes for five minutes and actually look at what you're so swift to judge and disregard out of hand. Personally, I'm rather impressed with the principles this group wants to establish in our society.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Have you visited their site and viewed the tenets of their religion? I highly advise that you do so. This "Satan" is merely a figurehead rife with historic symbolry, a pagan icon stolen by the Catholic church for their nefarious smearing campaign designed to scare ignorant folk into willingly bowing their heads for the yokes that would bend their hearts and minds to the cause of the political machine that wore the face of a strict but concerned father merely interested in the health of his children in troubling and dire times.

In short, open your eyes for five minutes and actually look at what you're so swift to judge and disregard out of hand. Personally, I'm rather impressed with the principles this group wants to establish in our society.

well....we agree on the Catholic church....sorry all Catholics in advance but I think it is just as evil as the church of satan.
Just because they put forth a nice facade doesn't mean they aren't completely evil. This is totally evil and disgusting. They can't put in their "tenets" that they like to kill, torture and rape little kids.....then smart people like you would turn away in horror.
edit on 7-1-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

yeah these things allllll sound great:

The Nine Satanic Statements
The Nine Satanic Statements articulate what "Satan" means to the church:

Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.
Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.
Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates.
Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.
Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development", has become the most vicious animal of all.
Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification. (You know the ones...thou shall not kill, thou shall not steal etc etc....this satan thing is wayyyy better)
Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
the image of satan, is stolen from Panas in ancient Greece, his story appeared around 700bc. He was a boy with animal looks (like in nowdays, that babies born with animal body parts)... His mother abandon him after birth and he grow up with animals and nature, like tarzan.

Has nothing to do with paganism, especially ancient paganism. Its a sad story of a boy with abnormalities in his physiology.

Satan as a true meaning, is samael... something totally different from the looks of Panas. So they use the image of a genetically different from other humans, boy, with a false abomination god.

You can search over the internet, about Panas. He had goat legs, human body and horns... like a goat.. like satan looks today!

So its not about the image, the looks. The image is false flag, but the name of the entity that is offered to. So this statue is offered to an abomination that loves to kill babies and he is one of the 72 abominations, trapped under the earths crust. (according to stories/history/religions/myths). And that shouldnt be allowed.

Anyway, if you ever visit Athens, you can still visit the cave of Panas, even today! In the ancient years, he lived in today " Parnitha mountain, today Parnitha is part of Athens capital city... Its sad that this kind of religions, used a sad story to represent their abominations as gods.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I"m finding the 'satan' in the statue to be kinda mild compared to how I thought it would be.
It's still really creepy and I wouldn't want to be around it ... but it's milder than what I would have expected.
But gotta' say - having the children near satan in the statue pegs my 'evil meter'.
Reminds me of 'children of the corn'.

As for the statue being put up ... I'm of the opinion we should have a fully secular gov't so I don't go for any statues on gov't laws - not Christian or Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist or Satanist .... nothing. If these religious folks want to put their statues out in public, they can put them on the front laws of their places of worship where they belong.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Read this article a couple days ago, and I gotta say I'm all for it. To the people in this thread that are bashing the statue and the "Church of Satan", y'all do realize that they aren't actually worshiping an evil deity, right? The followers of the church are pronounced atheists. Satan is just a symbol that they use, and use well might I add. Compared to a majority of other religions with strict rules, and demand worship, the tenants they follow actually make a lot more sense to me.. What's the point of living in this life, following rules and praying to somebody/thing that you don't even know actually exist? I intend to enjoy myself with what little time I have on this planet.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Considering the people in question are from NY, why don't they sue their own statehouse and put the stature up there? Or why don't the good Satanists of Oklahoma do it?

Seriously, I am sick and tired of people being offended on behalf of others. No, I'm not black but I think blacks should be offended by what you just said ... No, I'm not Native American, but I think they should be offended by the Washington Redskins ... No, I don't actually live in your state, but I came here specifically so I could sue because your state's law offends me and I think all others of my group should be offended, too ... No, I don't live in Oklahoma, but I'm suing on behalf of the Satanists who do, surely they are offended by this ...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

A wonderful idea.

Right next to it, I'll put a sign up of all the people who wanted it, built it, paid for it.

I want the whole world to know who these people are.

Freedom of expression! They can exercise it.
So can I.

(sheriff bunny emoticon rocks)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Satanist have been erecting monuments in this country since its beginning. This particular monument is not even original just more overt. Birmingham Alabama has a statue/fountain where 5 points meet in the 5 points south area that sits in front of a church of a goat/ram headed man with staff with an owl on top reading to animals that has been there since the 90s.

Storyteller Fountain Birmingham

Ram Headed Southern Storyteller

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join