It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

calling all religions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
hey every one i just want to know the basic fundemental believes and morals of each religion im not looking to dispute between the diffrences i just want to know what they all boil down to and if they will conclude the same core so if your in a religion post here and tell me what it is about. kinda give me a sales pitch on it i guess.

thanx

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Articles of Faith

1) We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

2) We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam�s transgression.

3) We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4) We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5) We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

6) We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

7) We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8) We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

9) We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10) We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

11) We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12) We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

13) We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul�We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Islam

Monotheistic religion, belief in One God (arabic word for god is allah).

From the very begining of time, God sent prophets to men to show them the right way. Islam recognizes all the prophets from the past, like Noah, Moses, Abraham, etc, etc, to be the true prophets of God.
Mohammad is the last in line and he brought the Final Testament, the Qur'an, to Earth.
Jesus is god's creation, and he will return on Judgement Day.

There is an afterlife, where humans are divided into two groups, believers who go to heaven, and unbelievers who go to hell.

Being a believer is about doing good deeds on Earth, helping people, living a righteous life (dont kill, don't lie, don't steal, love thy neighbour, etc, etc ), giving to charity if possible, respect family... all that adds up to the whole picture of a believer, of course together with belief in One God.

Thats the basic of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hinduism is mostly about reincarnation. Ever time a living thing dies it is reincarnated as another thing. There is something called dharma which is moral acts. Then there is kharma which is the total sum of all dharma and non-moral acts. In short its like a balance of sins at the end of a life. Depending on how good the kharma is a living creature can be reincarnated as a lower or higher being. An example being if a human being lived a sinful life (or the Hindu equivlent) then they might return as say a rat. Meanwhile if they lived a moral life then they might become a human in a higher class in the caste system or they might become a cow or something that Hindus consider higher. Supposedly the reincarnation process is never ending. Buddism on the other hand is an extension of Hinduism that allows the process to end with nirvana.

There are three main Hindu gods; Brahma the creator, Vissnou the preserver, and Shiva the multiarmed female goddess of destruction. There are over 14 million hindu gods.

BTW I'm not a Hindu myself so much of this information may be incorrect, misspelled or made more complex than nessesary. Feel free to correct me as I'm sure to have made mistakes.

new topics

top topics

join