It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

curious of jehova

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
ive got a freind who is a jehova witness and she asked me why they took the name jehova 7000 times out of the scriptures and replaced it with god or lord im just curious of the time line that it was removed, who or what removed it and why. the only thing ive heard that other sects of christianity removed it because hisor her name is to sacred to say. and this im not to studied up on either
thank you for any imput

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Jehovah is an anglicisation of the Hebrew YHWH, Before the concept of one god these four consonants represented the Holy family,

Y = El father
H = Asherah mother
W = He son
H = Anath daughter

Yahweh the one god seems to have come about around 530BC after the Hebrew captivity under Nebuchadnezzar in Babylon.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have to disagree with Flange Basket on this matter. Jehovah is an 'angliscised' or 'western' interpretation of the name Yahweh. This is the name that GOD chose to identify Himself under, when Moses asked Him who he should say sent him. In Hebrew, the letters that make up this name are Yod, Heh, Vav, Heh which we come to look at as YHWH. Because Hebrew doesn't have vowels, the correct pronunciation of the name isn't genuinely known. Hebrew does have a series of dots and dashes under the consonants to indicate pronunciation, but this is a comparatively new creation, and wasn't used during the time that this name was first used.
It literally means 'I AM that I AM' or 'I AM what I AM', and is a (I believe,) past, present and future imperative. The name does not reflect anything to do with Astarte, Ishtar Baal or any other such deity. This is a concept used by Freemasonry, who believe the name of G-D to be Jahbulon.

I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU THINK THAT I SAID, BUT I'M NOT SURE THAT YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU HEARD IS NOT WHAT I MEANT

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
He's the Father of Yeshua, who is called "Jesus."

He's not incarnate in the Physical dimension. He has to look something like:

THAT. [This photo was taken from the Millennium Group and placed on cyberspaceorbit.com's site a couple of years ago.]

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

The name does not reflect anything to do with Astarte, Ishtar Baal or any other such deity. This is a concept used by Freemasonry, who believe the name of G-D to be Jahbulon.

nope has nothing to do with Masonry nor is jahbulon used as a name for God. each member uses their own name as is related to their beliefs. there is no masonic god.
the other poster is correct in that it is representative of the Holy Family.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
He's the Father of Yeshua, who is called "Jesus."

He's not incarnate in the Physical dimension. He has to look something like:

[edit on 20-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

do you have any more info on those film grabs?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
www.tmgnow.com...

took the films two years ago.

Some of them are analyzed at

www.realsightings.com...

I'm just fascinated by the idea that an intelligent Being can exist as Light; be mobile and adapt to physical experiences. I would have thought such Beings would be outside of Time, exclusively.

top topics

join