It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Avg Temp: 14.2° (What happens IF?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's supposed to warm up to the mid 60's this weekend where I live. I just hope those chemtrail planes get the right orders so that still happens.

I think it's called "winter".

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I can tell you what would happen. My electric bill is going to grow teeth and wings and devour me in one sitting.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

WonderBoi Another storm is on it's way: Here Comes Ion!!!! Look Out Midwest US and Ontario Canada!!

This cold snap is following that storm....it dumped plenty of snow in the Midwest Sunday, two days ago.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Omg, I just did the conversion to Celsius.

14.2 F is only -9.8

I'd worry more if all of the US stayed colder, like at least -20 Celsius.

I'm blaming the US media here, I keep hearing about skin freezing after 10 min (CNN), and other exaggerations.
They're hyping it up.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

True dat. My bad. But, i can't help but wonder....what IF TPTB decide to keep the deep freeze going??? I'm honestly not trying to "derail" my own thread, but i'm just wondering, what if they figure, NOW is the perfect time??? How long can the Midwest sustain an ongoing cold freeze before it starts affecting crops? Let's face it, their "gig" is almost up because more people are waking up. What IF this is the beginning of the "collapse" that's been talked about and expected for a few years now. What better way to collapse the system???? Could it get to the point that everything shuts down because everything is frozen? What happens IF water pipes start breaking, all over the country? What happens IF power lines start snapping off their poles??? What happens IF the roads start freezing, to the point trucks can't deliver their goods?

If YOU were going to collapse a system, wouldn't NOW be the PERFECT TIME? Let's not forget, PEOPLE ARE BROKE because of the holidays. IMHO, things could get UGLY real fast; and wouldn't it be something if TPTB could get away with their crimes, using Mother Nature???

I don't derail threads; especially one i started. I just bring up points to make people think; because right now, people think everything is A-OK.

*Fuku is out of control
*The Volcano in the Canary Islands may go off, at any time
*The Sun's Magnetic Pole reversal
*The debris approaching us from Comet Ison

Then, we have the
*Tsunami that just struck Portugal
*An asteroid that just hit earth
*Sunspots aimed our way
*Planets that are lining up
*Insane freezing temps
*H1N1 spreading around
And last but not least: OBAMACARE

Yeah, sure, "winter is winter", BUT how long can we sustain a deep freeze? Things are not A-OK and TPTB are DESPERATE!

Besides that, i explained earlier that i'd be taking photos throughout the day, so people could see what it looks like moving east. It just so happened that there was a "lingering contrail" in that specific photo.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Hey, I have a question for ya as someone who has watched weather patterns for quite some time? I'm really fairly new in watching the day to day patterns and systems so I'm still learning the baseline of what is normal vs. what isn't for looking at a system map over North America, for instance.

What got me watching though...was the last year or two, multiple times now, seeing weather moving over this area from east to west. The overall radar and system maps always show why, of course and that varies from example to example. It's something I've simple never seen in the many years I've been here so it's gotten my attention.

I also watch National Winds fairly closely, starting the last 6 months or so ...and have seen weird things on that, too. Continental patterns in directions I'd not expect to see.

So...it's not just me imagining things that the actual mechanics of the weather itself seem to be changing in some ways?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by abeverage

Alaska here. We had a cold snap not to long ago with ambient temps in the -15F range for a few weeks. After dealing with that and the associated wind chills, even 20F seems like a heatwave.

It's actually supposed to be really cold right now, instead it's in the mid 30's. Mother Nature is pulling a prank and switched weather on us!

Watch out for square tires when it gets really cold! Plug your car in when it gets below 20F!

ALASKA??? LOL

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

That's not a deep freeze. Not unless it lasts into the summer months.
Canadian prairies grow things, in a much shorter growing period. And they have a long deep freeze.

The country will just have to learn to adapt.

The northern states get the same cold as the Cdn prairies. They have farmers there that probably do quite well.

edit on 7-1-2014 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yes, it's called "winter". But, errrrrrrrrr mankind is not PREPARED for a deep freeze, during Winter, which lasts 4 months. It's not the end of winter, it's the BEGINNING of winter. Y'all still got 3 and 1/2 months of COLD to endure.

Winters are hard enough, without the deep freeze. Is the infrastructure prepared for that?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

The freezing point of water is 0 degrees celcius (32 degress fahrenheit). Will it still freeze at 31 degrees fahrenheit?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

What happens IF the roads start freezing, to the point trucks can't deliver their goods?

???
Trucks function during deep freezes. Things do break, they get fixed. As long as there's power to the gas stations, trucks move.
The roads are actually less slippery if it's colder than -20 Celsius - the colder the better.
And then there's work for road crews in the spring to fix the potholes.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Who's gonna pay for all that "work"? Didn't the government just shut down because it's "broke"? Didn't we just get out of the holiday season, and people are broker than broke? Who's gonna pay for all the damage??? When the 1st domino falls, so go the rest.

Ooops, i forgot. They'll just print more money. lol

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I guess I just don't get where your going . It's winter just a bit colder than last year been happening for thousands of years and man survived and he did it without the internet to tell him how cold it is. It's 0 F outside and has been snowing for 4 days we have about 3 feet on the ground and more coming but it's just winter and nobody can control it. Although a friend just spent 6 months in Brazil on weather expeierments to see what they could do but that's the way the government is.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

WonderBoi

The freezing point of water is 0 degrees celcius (32 degress fahrenheit). Will it still freeze at 31 degrees fahrenheit?

Depends on the thickness and material of the pipes, and the house insulation, and where in the house the location of the pipes are. For incoming water lines, and drainage, it depends on how deep they're buried.

In cold areas, Cdn prairies, North Dakota, water supply lines get buried often at 8 feet.
Also, lots of snow is a good ground insulator, as well as filling up water supplies.

I used to live on the west coast, where it stays warm. I've noticed that whoever built houses in the prairies liked to tempt fate - for some reason, older houses are often poorly insulated and pipes are on the north side, outside walls. Which makes no sense at all.
I've been lucky though , nothing has frozen until a real deep freeze (-30 or colder)

Some farmers pile hay bales on the north sides of their homes in the winter.
edit on 7-1-2014 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Up here, our taxes pay for road work.

The US government should just take some out of their black ops budget to fix some infrastructure.
It's needed.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

My prediction record is less than stellar, but this one I'm sure of. Fukushima will finally grab mainstream headlines in a big way this spring as more people get sick, sea life deaths and mutations become apparent on the west coast, etc. This mainstream media hype of the current cold snap won't last many more weeks.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Yurimaster
No need to worry people, didn't you see the forecast? The temps will rebound back to average on Thursday. This is a short lived burst of arctic air. Here in VA the temps on friday will be in the 50s

Having that artic blast here as well. Some frozen pipes have burst in some places. We had Spring like weather the other day. Crazy!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I understand that this type of weather has occurred before, but what i'm getting at is this: Our generation has NEVER experienced anything "inconvenient"; as a whole; how would we deal with a "plague" or a "mini ice age"? Could you see yourself living a "Day After Tomorrow" type scenario? How about something like, "I am Legend"? Could they happen??? Absolutely!!! That's not the question, the question is: Could you handle it, IF.....? Are you prepared, IF.....???

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

WonderBoi
I understand that this type of weather has occurred before, but what i'm getting at is this: Our generation has NEVER experienced anything "inconvenient"; as a whole; how would we deal with a "plague" or a "mini ice age"? Could you see yourself living a "Day After Tomorrow" type scenario? How about something like, "I am Legend"? Could they happen??? Absolutely!!! That's not the question, the question is: Could you handle it, IF.....? Are you prepared, IF.....???

You're right Wonderboi, its called normalcy bias, people expect things to continue as they are, whereas the only constant in the Universe is change (well, and love too). Our world could change completely overnight, in a week, a couple months, and the majority would be unprepared physically as well as spiritually (and I don't mean religion).

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Our generation has NEVER experienced anything "inconvenient"

I'm not sure what generation you're from, but my generation remembers a childhood growing up in -30 celsius temps and 4 feet of snow as a normal part of winter... year after year after year.

It's only been in the past 15 to 20 years actually that we've seen some warmer winters and have gotten a little spoiled by it.

So for me, this is just going "back to normal" winter weather.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join