It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow Mountains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
To those who never heard about this stunning place, I`d like to share the beautiful photos bellow.
These images (not photoshop) of China’s Rainbow Mountains show rock formations that actually exist right here on Earth.
These colorful mountains are part of the Zhangye Danxia Landform Geological Park in Gansu, China.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Wow! Thank you so much for finding this. The geology is absolutely amazing.
I normally sign off with rainbows...in this case I'll let the mountains speak for themselves!

Jane

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Yes, things like this is one of the reasons why I decided to be a geologist

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
That is stunningly beautiful. Sad that we rarely hear of places like this,or appreciate them enough.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Amazing pictures, S&F just for them!
Quick google search though took me here:
Rainbow Mountains

As a new UNESCO World Heritage Site, Danxia is become far more popular these days than it was just a few decades ago, with tourists drawn to the remarkable forms of the mountains here. Does Danxia really look like the photo below in real life?

Not quite—we're all prone to a little post-vacation Photoshopping. But the unaltered reality is just as amazing. Here's the view from Google Earth:

Even if they have been spruced up on photoshop, it looks an amazing place to add to the Bucket List.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Well, colours of the several layers are there and may depend on the day light although I admit some of the above may be a little exagerated. However, I have to confess that I`m a bit daltonic which doesn`t let me totally see it as it is, thus I have to trust my source, lol

edit on 7-1-2014 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
i see that and makes me wanna lick it as a lollypop, probably would die from some heavy metal poisoning but still what an awesome and alien place china is

top topics

join