It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey: Telepathy 'linked to deaths'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I came across this before and am surprised it is not on ATS.

Telepathy could have been used to compel four young Turkish engineers to kill themselves, it's been suggested.

That's one explanation of the deaths of four workers at the defence giant Aselsan contained in a report presented to the PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan, according to reports. All four deaths, within the space of 14 months during 2006 and 2007, were initially recorded as suicides. The men had been undergoing psychological treatment before they died but doubts persisted from their sceptical families, reports newspaper Today's Zaman. And last year the Inspection Board of the Prime Ministry launched a fresh probe.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Apparently brain signals can be sent from up to 1.5km away. Neuropsychologist, Nevzat Tarhan requested that the prosecutor should not disrgard the possibility of telepathy in the four deaths.. Sounds like something straight out of the men that stared at goats...

purp..

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I want this guy to defend me if I'm ever up for murder. I also want him to pick the jury.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Communication is one of the core business activities of ASELSAN. In fact, the first product of ASELSAN in the early 80’s was a conventional military radio family. After that by means of our own R&D activities, we realize the design and the production of Frequency Hopping Radios, which is a standard Tactical Area Communications equipment of Turkish Armed Forces

ASELSAN

Better odds are that they were the subject of some sort of experiment or accidental release of which beamed electronic radio signals in their heads ,,,& when they went for treatment for what was causing it ,given psychological medication that had suicidal side effects
edit on 7-1-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Real life scanners? This is intriguing. If this turns out to be true, I will make me a tinfoil hat and never make fun of tinfoil hat wearers again!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wait...?

If telepathy is considered to be a likely cause, by educated people. This would be having huge consequences for scientific perspectives on the matter.

For now... I think that a contagious chronic depression, with a suicidal closure. Is just as possible.

Or these men got bullied by local people into the extreme, because their skin color or religion.
Or somebody felt that they stole their jobs, and should have stayed in Turkey.

It's surprising how mental abuse can cause to suicidal thoughts. How much would pressure would you need, to screw up a person until they snap ? Every victim that is next, and aware of what happened, will snap faster.
The 4th guy must have been expecting his demise long before his turn.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

This is pretty spooky... I have heard of this before and it spooked me too much to want to read more into. May they rest in peace..

If this is true the people behind this should be up on murder charges...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Sinter Klaas
If telepathy is considered to be a likely cause, by educated people. This would be having huge consequences for scientific perspectives on the matter.

It happens every day!

Had a hobby for a while looking at research papers from universities in various countries, and if you want a reason to mistrust academia and a laugh it's a past time.

It's amazing how cultural beliefs influence research in various countries, and it's also amazing the amount of things published that are just plain wrong. The vast majority of these papers only ever seem to get lime light on slow news days when an intern at somewhere like the Daily Mail or The Sun ram raids googlescholar with a translator.

I'd like to say that it being brought up in legal / government setting is surprising, but in a lot of ways its the opposite. There are court cases where not only the legal representatives but the 'experts' have just blatantly misconstrued or misunderstood evidence. Stranger still, some countries have very few guidelines on who is to be considered 'expert' in a field.

I don't have the time right now, but is anyone familiar with Turkey's legal system in this area? Is this information being 'legally' considered by a jury at some point?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
An electronic device that can transmit a frequency at the low frequencies of the brain is far from fantasy, The technology to do something like a telepathy device has been around for quite awhile. Just like the voice to skull device, probably the same thing. It's been around for awhile.

The motivation from gaining greater power and control over an enemy to build such a device would easily be a top priority. For that reason alone, the reality of a device like this could easily be true, without even taking into account the reports of people claiming to have felt it's effect.

The only defense would be to keep a strong mind and ignore any commands popping into your head, that and a faraday cage.

Or a very high quality tin foil hat.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

I think this is more accurate of the intent of the story. Beamed weapons are a well known/documented endeavor among the Russians and the US during the Cold War. Microwaves can play havoc of brain waves. As can just about any wave that can be delivered to a victim.

Telepathy, on the other hand, (while very controversial and nearly impossible to actually study) is said to transcend space and time. Instantaneous, no matter what or where.

1.5 km...that is about what you would expect in the range of a human created beamed energy weapon.

top topics

join