It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ability to star a post more than once.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Just wanted to bring it to the attention of the owner of a 'glitch' I have noticed on the ability to star a post more than once.

I thought I was trippen after I starred a few posts, then came back later to those threads only to notice that
I had the ability to star them again.

I think that the ability to do that can be used to tilt arguements in favor of one posters view over anothers in whoevers favor.

I dont think that is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It will let you star more than once, but I don't think it sticks. If you star a post, go back and star it again then hit the refresh button. The extra star should disappear.

It does for me anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks Kangaruex- I will try to star your post more than once- if it sticks- than hey- congrats! haha

Just thought the mods would like to know about it if they had not known about it before.

EDIT- Ok- I just tried it- sorry to say- you only recieved one star in the end. heh

So it looks like you were right.

Thanks again for pointing that out.
edit on 7-1-2014 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Mods- please feel free to delete this thread.

Kang cleared everything up.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Just my luck.

You're welcome. I noticed it by accident right after the board change. It's easy to miss. It just means I spend too much time here is all.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
We can't star this thread? I can't anyway. No star blanks in the boxes. Talk about a conspiracy...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

is an illusion - your second and subsequent stars do not `stick `

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

You can not give or receive stars in this forum.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I saw some person with over a million stars yesterday. Can't remember who. I worked out that they averaged over 150 stars per post. Must be an exploit of some kind...maybe.

I could probably track them down if anyone cares.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

mrwiffler
I saw some person with over a million stars yesterday. Can't remember who. I worked out that they averaged over 150 stars per post. Must be an exploit of some kind...maybe.

It's a glitch. Check out Ignorant Ape's profile right above my last post. To my knowledge the glitch happened some time during the last forum updates. There are a handful of posters that have stars in the millions because of that glitch.
edit on 1/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The ability to star a post more than once.

It's just an illusion.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe

mrwiffler

It's a glitch. Check out Ignorant Ape's profile right above my last post. To my knowledge the glitch happened some time during the last forum updates. There are a handful of posters that have stars in the millions because of that glitch.
edit on 1/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Really?

Yup, it happened with the 5.3 upgrade.

top topics

join