It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoin Help Please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have been working all day trying to figure out how to get in a Mining Pool. I am new to this. I have downloaded BitCoin. I have downloaded a wallet. I have downloaded several Mining Pool Programs and I cannot get them to work. I am just using my computer, as I am new to BitCoin. Does anyone know of a site that I can start mining from. A Pool site preferably. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

5pooky

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Unless you have a lot of money invested in 'ASIC miners' which connect to your computer it is pretty much pointless to mine bitcoin.

Back when the computations were simple, your computer didn't have to work as hard to crack the encryption blocks so people made out like bandits. Now that bitcoins are running out, it's becoming harder and harder to acquire them.

I had the wallets downloaded and programs downloaded too, but uninstalled it all once I figured out how it all actually works --- and this late in the game it's pretty pointless. Sorry & hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

Here are some useful guides.

Startbitcoin

bitcoin mining

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Thank you for the information!
5pooky

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This might help: Beginner's Guide to Mining

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Thanks for the input!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
OK so whats Bitcoin mining exactly?
Sounds dodgy as S*** or am I wrong and its like walking around looking at the ground hoping to find lost coins?

I could google but Im lazy and prefer interaction

edit on 7/1/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

There are only so many Bit Coins that will be made. A lot of them are not unlocked / in circulation. When you mine them they become part of a Bit Coin that is worth X amount of dollars...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

It is the legitimate method from which bitcoins are minted through a process of crowd computing power.

edit on 7-1-2014 by dainoyfb because: The voices told me to.

new topics

top topics

join