It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finished Another Weld Test Today

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Keep your head up Brother, good changes come to those who stay diligent.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Hey thanks man, I'm doing what I can. I'm trying to stay positive, been trying to read up on things and do the job searching as best as I can. It does get a bit overwhelming at times though.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

I appreciate it, but I think your friendship and kind words should suffice.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Brotherman, if you are willing to move, welders usually do very well in finding job where the oil and gas drilling is highly active. The Bakken in North Dakota and the Eagle Ford in Texas are good canidates, but not the only. FWIW, my background as in a hobby, is mig and stick welding on Muscle Cars and Hot Rods I build for myself, welding in body patch panels and various frame modifications and suspension. Good luck in your quest to finding a good welding job.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Brotherman, the highly active 'Marcellus Shale' oil and gas formation is in the Western and Nothern parts of PA not far from your location, it is one of the largest shale fields being drilled, and lots of employment including welders is likely, you might see if that is a good opportunity in your state for welders..

Map of the Marcellus Shale formation:
www.google.com...=ma p+marcellus+shale+pennsylvania&spell=1&tbm=isch

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

lunarcartographer

Brotherman, the highly active 'Marcellus Shale' oil and gas formation is in the Western and Nothern parts of PA not far from your location, it is one of the largest shale fields being drilled, and lots of employment including welders is likely, you might see if that is a good opportunity in your state for welders..

Map of the Marcellus Shale formation:
www.google.com...=ma p+marcellus+shale+pennsylvania&spell=1&tbm=isch

I got laid off from the marcellus shale a few months back, I need money to travel don't got that I need to get on my feet before I go off again. It isn't as easy as packing a lunch and a hood and going cross country if you know what I mean. Most of them jobs unless your a welder helper require you to have your own rig which runs into the 6-12000 dollar range on top of a truck 1000s of dollars in bevelars 2 hole pins grinders etc etc just to get started running that route your talking (if your cheap) 70,000 to 80,000 dollars worth of what you need and then reserve currency to fix your stuff if it breaks. I just need something close to home that I can stay at for awhile without running into getting laid off every couple of months and getting sheisted by ass companies. I appreciate your advice and your support bro thank you!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well a bit of an update:

The place I tested at is calling my references and did my background which probably wasn't cheap so I am still optimistic, and I got another weld test tomorrow at 10am for some more tig on stainless steel pipe and stainless sheet metal. I hope it all works out keeping fingers crossed! Thanks for all the advice and support!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Now...to break the cycle.

Like i said...the Cline Shale play is a minimum of 10 years. Nearby we have the Eagle Ford Shale. Not that you are any less disposable around here...only that there are others needing you.

Work, save, move.
Only advice I can really give you. I know folks in the field if you ever make it this way. We can at least get a few conversations going, if/when you are interested.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I like working on pipe and pipe fab when I get a bit monied up thats the route I'm probably going to try and take. First I need to get up and on my feet and try and weld for more then a few months at a time. It almost seems out of no where I put in tons of apps and resumes and I just got another email asking when I can come in and test for another place, so now I have to set up to take 2 weld tests this week one tomorrow and one friday unless that first place calls me, thats the place I really want to work. They are long term get a company truck and pay is fair for tig stainless steel. So I don't feel so bad I have options now I just want one of them to pan out.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
GOOD NEWS! I got hired my welds were perfect and I passed my written exam with flying colors. I start on Monday so now I don't have to take anymore weld tests for awhile, I felt like an A-Hole calling the other companies back declining the work but I cant work everywhere at once. Thank you everybody for the kind words and support!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join