It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis Rodman and ex-NBA Players to celebrate Kim Jong Uns Birthday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

CALGARIAN

Let's see what he can say/do.

What they are going to DO is a Basketball Match for the Regime and Elite of NK.

They might be afraid to beat the North Korean team at the threat of dogs lined up outside the court.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Skyfloating

Despite its tone being contempt-for-Americans, this is very funnily put.

Contempt for idiot Americans, smart ones need not apply

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me at all, I mean come on its Dennis Rodman for freak sake! That man has had some issues for a long time and to be oblivious to liking a dictator that hates America AND the fact that he had his own uncle executed by 120 starving dogs gnawing and eating his body?!!?? Like I said...its Dennis Rodman.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

But but but....Dennis says Kim Jong-Un is just a nice guy!
Yeah, coming from Rodman, not surprising.

What is suspect about the rest of the "MSM", where are the hollywood
stars with a public condemnation of this despot Kim? Where
is PETA on the story of his Uncles execution, his Aunts too?

I cant say the silence is shocking, it is deafening.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I think you're over estimating Rodman. The guy's got a few nuts loose and as they say, "A bird of a feather flock together".

Plus, Rodman may have a darker reason for going. We just don't know.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What goes on over there in some cases isnt even as bad as what goes on in America, I will make an assumption that at least some of them grew up in ghettos. Half or more of the horrors heard about NK is most likely amerikan propaganda.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Rodman is a simple minded fool. In his mind he is doing something good but he is not smart enough to see the bigger picture.

He is a man that still thinks like a child. He thinks he is bringing peace when in reality he is just being used. Kinda sad really that he is not smart enough to see it. Also does he not have a single adult around him in his life to help him out making big life moves?
edit on 6-1-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Rodman and the others are NOT STUPID.

What if they are making an effort to tear down emotional walls.

When people are nice to someone and make them feel human, it may work.

And it couldn't hurt.

Can you expect someone to be nice unless you extend a hand first?

This type of behavior helped CRUSH the racial barrier in America. Jackie Robinson?

And, when you have 'friends' in America, kind of changes your attitude towards them ever so slightly.
Kim " Ah man, we can't nuke the USA, my homeboys live there"

baby steps..

Because the way America has treated NK has worked so well so far, why try a new approach?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Told you Rodmans a cartoon (proof anyone), great representative from America. I wonder if its like the video says "He's using the basketball to wear his opponent down."

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

burntheships

What is suspect about the rest of the "MSM", where are the hollywood
stars with a public condemnation of this despot Kim? Where
is PETA on the story of his Uncles execution, his Aunts too?

I cant say the silence is shocking, it is deafening.

Its a strange thing isnt it. Where's all the Hollywood outrage? Where are the activists fighting for NK refugees? Where are the civil rights groups campaigning for North Koreans freedom? Unless of course they have ZERO interest in NK because it doesnt fit in their hidden agenda.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Where is all the focus on the millions of impoverished, homeless, starving and sick in america. Why are we worrying about other countries citizens before the many more troubled of our own?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

HanzHenry
Rodman and the others are NOT STUPID.

What if they are making an effort to tear down emotional walls.

When people are nice to someone and make them feel human, it may work.

And it couldn't hurt.

Can you expect someone to be nice unless you extend a hand first?

This type of behavior helped CRUSH the racial barrier in America. Jackie Robinson?

And, when you have 'friends' in America, kind of changes your attitude towards them ever so slightly.
Kim " Ah man, we can't nuke the USA, my homeboys live there"

baby steps..

Because the way America has treated NK has worked so well so far, why try a new approach?

Appeasers and apologists..........How many lives have been lost because of this man and is family? During WW2 people were saying Hitler was a great guy.........How many times does history have to prove appeasers wrong before they find some common sense?

Also I love how you try and make this into an American mentality issue...........What about all the people that hate this guy and his ruling party outside of America........Ignorance at it's best.

Ad by the way if you think Rodman is smart you might want to look at other things you might also be wrong about.
edit on 6-1-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I would say the agenda, and ZERO interest are a good explanation.

Perhaps NK somehow serves a purpose to the echelons also,
how else can one explain the new Ski Resort, complete
with American and European made ski equipment;
Canadian Ski-Doos and Swiss snow cannons?

www.nydailynews.com...

Of course, everyone is blaming China.

Meanwhile, al Qaeda moves around freely like Santa.

edit on 6-1-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Were it up to me, I'd revoke all their passports and leave them there. Maybe living there full time would open their eyes.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
that country is so retarded. It's basically a current version of the "hunger games" world. Where you got ruling elites and then slaves.

Like lets say you found yourself in a NK work camp, what would you do? Would you try and escape?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
They didn't call him "The Worm" for nothing. Hiding behind all of that buffoonery, outrageous behavior is a very keen mind. Don't think he is not carefully debriefed after his trips to see his pal. Probably briefed heavily before going. HUMINT is much better than ELINT in most cases. How else do you think we could get close to that lunatic?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
How do any of us 100% know, that all we are led to believe about NK is factual/truthful?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I can see Kim using Rodman for an attention piece, such as: Beheading him on TV to send shock through the USA. Or feed him to 140 starving dogs, all live on TV. I just get the sense that Kim would do such a thing just to send a message. He's like Dr. Evil's brain-damaged cousin, IMO. Dennis Rodman should be careful with who he associates with. I think Rodman is being naive.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

If it were up to me I would revoke his citizenship and ship him there to live.

That's all I have to say on the subject.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I've never really understood why anyone would want to befriend Kim Jong Un, but after thinking about it a little bit I actually think what Rodman is doing is a positive thing. It allows Kim Jong Un to have the sense that he is not totally isolated and hated by the entire world, it lets him know that people from other nations are willing to give him a chance.

If there's one thing I've learnt in my life time, it's that the most destructive and delusional people are the ones who feel like they have no friends and that the entire world is against them. They are very easily agitated and they take extreme actions without thinking rationally about what they are doing. They have no humanity left in them because humanity has disowned them.

If NK is disowned by the rest of the world and Kim Jong Un feels like he has no friends anywhere else in the world, he will develop a highly pessimistic outlook and perspective of the rest of the world. The chances of Kim attacking another nation increases because of that pessimistic attitude, and he will show less remorse when it comes to attacking other nations because he has no friends or relationships with any of those nations.

Reaching out and showing him that he is not totally alone in this world could be the difference between a peaceful future in NK and one filled with war and death. Showing him just a little compassion and humanity might allow him to show the world a little compassion and humanity. It might give him the perspective he needs to see that not everyone is against him, so he doesn't have to be against everyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join