It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Download To Make Your Computer Run Smooth As Silk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I would like to share this link with you to help your computer run smoother and more quickly. I was having trouble with my new Lenovo when a techie friend of mine turned me onto this free download: iObit.com

It scans your computer and repairs malware errors, registry errors, security problems, privacy errors, disc fragment errors etc. It is very user friendly but I will be happy to help with the settings if you need assistance.

No matter how old or how infected your computer is, I promise iObit can identify and repair totally free and secure. Each day you scan, the program goes deeper into your system to remove all malicious errors.

Make sure you turn on the speed booster, which I think you are given prompts for.. The results are immediate! I don't think I have ever had a PC run as proficiently and smoothly as mine does now after installing and scanning with iObit..

Just wanted to pass this along to offer some help out there to anyone who needs it.
The program is so reliable I just had to share.

Enjoy...

Pax

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I might try that later, thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I've been using iObit for years --- Funny enough when I read this title it's the first thing I thought of.

It has MANY great features, and it's very non-invasive compared to other helpers.

I enjoyed it so much, I actually bought it- which if you own two computers is very worth it.

Yeah, I give it an A compared to their competetors like Avast or Mcaffee for virus scanning.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thank you ever so kindly for sharing this!! Always nice to get some help dealing with the myriad of software issues that we face!! S&F

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Thank you so much! I keep getting an error code after I downloaded a fake Java update...grrrrrr. I've gotten almost all of it out, one lone error pops back up occasionally and is driving me insane lol. So the timing of your message is perfect for me!

S & F and Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Hi op, not to sure if this is the correct product that you have mentioned but if it is and anyone
is interested, a 6 months free subscription of this is being offered on giveawayoftheday.com usually worth $29.99. Happy days

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I tried hitting the subscribe button for this thread but it was not working, I am posting instead to auto subscribe. Thanks btw

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
OK but just bare in mind that you may be installing Chinese spyware on your system as well. For safety you could try Ccleaner by Piriform, Aus logics disk defrag, and the Anglo/Spanish free Panda Cloud anti virus.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I use iObit's advanced system care software all the time, especially the turbo boost that stops totally un-needed programs running at startup. I have never had any issues with it.

The only thing I would suggest to members is to make sure you are definitely on iObit's site and not a fake one. The same goes for any site with s/ware downloads, like eg Piriform [CCleaner] etc. If in any doubt and you want some of their free software, you can also obtain it via trusted sites like (eg) MajorGeeks.

And as should be the case any time with any software, if still in doubt, don't download.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Chenbo

Thank you Chenbo, I will look into that! I have been so pleased with the function of my computer sense installing. would love to have the pro version but don't really want to pay for it...Thanks again, maybe now I won't have to.

Pax

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Very good point Mike! Yes, please only download from the iObit site!

Thanks for the suggestion, as I forgot to mention that.

Pax

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I just used your link(OP) to get the program and downloaded from cnet which IObit directed me to, went to install it and AVG said a Trojan Genericsomething or other was in the install. Eeck. Is it just AVG being super paranoid or should I use another download site for it? Thanks for any advice.

Lil

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lilroanie

Go straight to the site wwwiObit.com...Not cnet! Don't install from anywhere except site.iObit.com

That link will take you directly to the site, if it doesn't please let me know. I will go back through my history and see when i downloaded and from what link. This is not a trojan, it really works!

Pax

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Hey Lil, I double checked and that is the iObit site....Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,
pax

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have been using the free version of IOBIT and love it!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Just got back from work and worked on this some more. Just FYI the IObit site redirected me to cnet I didn't go there. But then I went to the site mentioned above, majorgeeks and it downloaded a different file that worked fine. Thanks for the suggestion, I see a difference already since I got it loaded and set up So to anyone else reading this do NOT download from cnet, it had a trojan in it!

Lil

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Pax, thanks for the tip. I have it running right now so we shall see if it helps. I have a crappy utilities program that kinda sucks and I don't use it much, because it sucks. I do hope it helps, as my rig here ain't that great and could use a swift(pun intended) kick in the ass.

ETA: Well, that seems to have helped. I can now go to a page without waiting for a minute or two for it to come up. Someday, I want a freaking computer that does what I need and want it to and doesn't take hours to do simple tasks.
edit on 1/7/2014 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

Wonderful spainisharcher! Make sure you run the scan everyday! For those of you having problems with your computer run the scan 3x back to back!! Each time your computer is scanned the scan is going deeper and deeper into your system...Do not be alarmed if you have several thousand registry errors. I had over 28,000 when i ran the first scan! I am now down to 78!!

Everyday you use your computer, you are picking up some bit of info and your computer is hanging onto it!
This is why it is important to run the scan sometimes twice a day. you should see vast improvement after each scan..

Glad I could help! If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Thanks for all the comments!

Pax

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Yes, I can navigate pages now but somehow it took away my spell checker. I'm a pretty good speller but a lousy typist. Not sure why that happened and where the bloody thing was at in the first place so I can replace it. I'm only mildly complaining as this rig is running better but those squiggly lines were my friend. Well, I'm on a search for squiggly lines now, wish me luck.

new topics

top topics

join