It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ Is Real!---Non-biblical Evidence Of His Existence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

If you would like to repent of your sins and receive salvation say the prayer below with your mouth and follow Jesus and never give up on your spiritual walk with him. Don't Let Satan

Father God in heaven, I am a sinner and deserve destruction from breaking your laws, I recognize that I need a savior and to be washed clean from my sins, right now Father God I accept your Son Jesus Christ into my life and accept your gift of salvation, I believe that your Son Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and arose on the third day to pay the price for my sins, send your Holy Spirit into my heart and transform me right now, pour down your Holy Spirit into my soul and let me feel your love, power, and strength in my soul, lead me everyday in my walk, teach me how to live and give me strength to endure to the end, send down your Holy Angels to protect me from the evil one, thank you Jesus Christ for your gift of salvation and dying on the cross for my sins, in Jesus Christ name I pray Amen.

edit on 5-1-2014 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

Before I waste my time on another unnecessarily long youtube video about "facts" that have already been disproved over and over, would you mind providing some point form notes from the video so as to enlighten us on this groundbreaking news?

I would feel more comfortable watching the video if I felt it had at least a small amount of new information.
edit on 6/1/14 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
That's it? Just a video?

I was hoping for more. Like a little explanation of the content, so I could decide whether or not I want to invest my time.

You've gotta give me something that makes me want to watch it!

Okay; thanks.
edit on 1u1212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

Exactly why I'm not interested in watching. I just saved some more time in my life that I'll never get back.
edit on 1u1212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Couldn't watch another video about this subject, sorry.

All I'll sat is that Jesus Christ, the human being, clearly existed one time or another. Huge part of Humanity didn't just start counting years precisely 2014 years ago by pure coincidence. There is a powerful reason to why we've been talking about this name for thousand of years and will continue to do so.

Now, even if the person is real, and probably was a formidable and honorable man who changed history, that doesn't mean he has the meanings to come back and save us.

Many might be very disappointed at one place in space and time...
edit on 6-1-2014 by St0rD because: spellin'

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Be more original! I swear you posted this same exact thing a few days ago. Proselytizing is against the T&C of this site I'm pretty sure and every one of your threads is the same, "repent repent, accept Jesus, repent repent". You're not converting anyone who isn't already converted.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Good video

You gotta ease up on the preaching though... gonna get yourself banned

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks for your concern.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

St0rD

Huge part of Humanity didn't just start counting years precisely 2014 years ago by pure coincidence.

We didn't, a pope in 4th century (I believe) started counting from then.

Saying that, I believe Jesus existed. I don't believe in the bible though, that was a book written by men, then rewritten by conquerors, then changed to fit in with the local beliefs, then rewritten again, then translated, then lots of different versions made saying different things, it is not the word of God.

So thanks for the offer, but I'll stick to just doing good deeds and trying to do my best for humanity, if God is truly a being of good, He/She/It will see that.

Metta ~

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I have often wondered why excitable "Religious" posters get so down with the bible lingo?

Why so wordy?

It's 2014, drop the "I better use this vocab or he'll lightning bolt me"

So over it.

You lost me at "If you....."

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

In the OP's defence this isn't really about the bible now is it...

the idea that Jesus never existed is only a recent theory... likely stemming from the hatred of Christianity, or at least what its adherents turned it into...

The fact is people wouldn't not die for something that never existed in the first place... its nonsense... in fact its insane...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I didn't watch the video but I have over the years watched a great many similar videos and non of them have convinced me to view the depiction of Jesus as a real entity despite its widespread popularity across the globe. My bias comes from having learned all the terrible things that religion has done to secure its dominance as it exists in it's current form. Overall the whole thing is one giant misunderstanding after another.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Granted, but he's trying to say "Jesus is real, everyone convert to Christianity".

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I watched about five minutes of it. The guy references Cornelius Tacitus and some guy named Lucian as having written about the Christus. It seems like hes just backing up the bible by just referencing more obscurity.

Ive watched another vid by this guy about The new age stuff; debunks zeitgeist. It had some good information, but like many youtube presenters, He mixes truths with lies.

edit on 6-1-2014 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I think that although it is certain that some people have been claiming that the Jesus depicted in the bible never existed, or that there is very little impartial evidence for his existence, you have to remember two very important things, as a believer, if you want to avoid going nuts about it.

First of all, people who come to the faith do so when they need to, and no amount of blather on anyone's part is capable of preventing that. We all find our own routes toward faith, and some are jolly circuitous! However, no mere mortal can deny the power of the Holy Spirit, so to worry over much about the protestations of modern "thinkers" on the subject is somewhat moot.

Also, the people doing so at the most volume, appear to be the ones who are selling an alternative agenda of their own. I am pretty sure that at the beginning of the video, the leering face of David Icke can be seen, mid rant, along with some other barely educated morons who believe their words are worth wasting a moments time on. Icke and those he is likened to, are hardly scholars of merit, and have been caught out in lies and insanities before now, so their word is hardly lead lined.

The fact of the matter is, that no one who comments seriously against the Christian faith does so from a position of denying the existence of Jesus Christ as a living being. Some may argue that his miracles were parlour tricks, some may argue that he was just a great chap who loved everyone, and wanted people to love each other, and made every effort to illuminate for them the benefits of such a life as one lived under such a pretext. But no one with an ounce of credibility would claim that Jesus was never born, never preached, never performed incredible feats, and was not crucified.

The other thing you might want to consider, next time you want to make a thread, is that for one thing, overly preachy threads might get you banned, and although I can understand the motivation, and the rebellious instinct which might see you go through that process, there are better ways to make your point than getting yourself banned. Aside from that, you must also realise that in making such a thread, you either preach to the converted, in which case you waste your breath somewhat, or you make it hard for other users of the site to trust your ability to be objective and impartial when dealing with other subject matter.

Interacting within the community here requires a certain amount of objectivity. That is not the same as denying your faith, and as a confirmed bible thumper myself, I would never advocate that, even on pain if death. However, you have to be able to compartmentalise, and understand that not every situation you may comment on here, can be dealt with by faith, rather than by reason. Indeed faith, while it will remain important to those who have it, is utterly irrelevant to those who do not, and the great majority of topics here cannot be addressed by faith, either alone, or in part.
edit on 6-1-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error correction

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Father God in heaven, I am a sinner and deserve destruction from breaking your laws, I recognize that I need a savior and to be washed clean from my sins,

Sooooo much I could say about the OP but Ill focus on this 1 bit as I think it makes saying anything about the rest redundant.

What sort of a sick, twisted, fecked up god do you believe in???

You deserve destruction for sinning? are you a mass murderer or something??

I really think people have it backwards, the god you pray to is the devil and lucifer is the true god.
Name 1 thing, Just 1, That shows god being a loving benevolent creator and not a jealous petty psychopath.
Words do not count, give a biblical example of him using his omnipotent powers for good.

You say we need to find Jesus, I say you need to find reality.

Congrats you have just confirmed my conversion to Satanism

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Once again, words of wisdom from a TrueBrit

2WitnessesArrived I have read a lot of your stuff and you believe God speaks to you and that you are his messenger? I have to say he hasn't given you great instructions on how to do it...

Not to try and preach my own beliefs but I will tell you about the Buddha - when he became an enlightened being, the first person he came across he told him "I am the perfectly enlightened one" (remember the Buddha had no ego, this was not an egotistical statement), the man laughed in his face and walked away. The Buddha never used this statement again and instead only taught others how to end suffering in their lives and the lives of others.

Now if your God is telling you you need to preach like this, then you're doing it wrong, because I guarantee you that 95% of non-believers will laugh in your face and walk away, this is just some friendly advice, not my judgement.
edit on 6-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

THEY BOTH EXIST...Why? Because shut up, that's why...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Tindalos2013

I didn't watch the video but I have over the years watched a great many similar videos and non of them have convinced me to view the depiction of Jesus as a real entity despite its widespread popularity across the globe. My bias comes from having learned all the terrible things that religion has done to secure its dominance as it exists in it's current form. Overall the whole thing is one giant misunderstanding after another.

That is what secular religion does it conquers and dominates with its religion. Islam seeks to do that today and has since its conception in 600 something AD.

i call it secular religion because so many who practice Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism et al (today especially Americans) mix their religion with secular worldliness. This has been done through the ages each governing nation has done this very thing according to their world view.

I have walked the searching paths of spirituality and ended up at the feet of Jesus crying out "Lord save me". He did and only through developmental spiritual progress through the teachings of the preserved scriptures have I overcome sinful tendencies and desires (not that they don't still exist) some day I will apprehend it as God and his word have apprehended me.

Don't blame the religion for the sinfulness of man.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

If you want to be a witness for Jesus Christ try acting more like him or better still Paul/Saul of Tarsus. Following God's inspired and preserved words given in Paul's teaching found in the books of Romans through Philemon correctly, and you may overcome one of your sinful tendencies in about ten years on the average. If you are a bit more spiritual than others then I give you five.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
As the OP was already posted here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed, for spamming

Terms and Conditions

15h.) Spamming: You will not Post identical content, or snippets of identical content, to multiple threads in the discussion forums. You will also not create more than one thread for your topic, or create multiple "slightly different" threads for a single topic.

new topics

top topics

join