It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for people who think being gay is a sin.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I asked this on another thread but no one has seen it or just not bothered to answer it.

Why is being gay a sin? when It doesn't effect others and no harm comes from it? What are your reasons for thinking this way? Is it because God says so?.
If so why does God see it as a sin? seeing he is all knowing and knows that gay people will be gay people and actually made them gay when born..wouldn't that be entrapment?.
Or is it you are just disgusted by the thought of the act of gay love making and want everyone else to feel the same way?.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It's not entrapment, remember we all have free will, also yes, god did say in the bible it's a sin.. Think about it, he wants us to spread our seed and that just physically can't happen with 2 males.. If everyone was gay it would reduce the population to nothing!! But on the light side of things, god said we are ALL sinners.. It's gods judgement that will overall be the deciding factor in someone's fate. We can not judge because we have still yet to be judged . Also, just as sex before marriage is a sin, you can't say one sin is better than the other. A sin is a sin no matter what the sin is.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Its a sin because the bible says it is...

but lets keep in mind this is the same book that says snakes and donkeys talk... sometimes

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

It is only a sin because someone wrote it was a sin in an old manuscript.
Then claimed that manuscript was "God's word" and the got a whole bunch
of hetrosexuals and other conflicted souls to believe it.

How a person feels in their soul, who and how they love can not be sinful
True love is a pure sinless act.
God is pure love.
Is God not sinless??

By the way the more I hear the word "sin" the more I think of it as a human invention to judge and persecute other humans.
Not a God invention.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why is being gay a sin?
- Because the Bible says so. Because God says it is. Why do you ask why to a religion when it clearly states as such? Why would it not be if the source of something states it's stance? That's like asking a river why it flows...

What are your reasons for thinking this way?
- Bible and God says so. It's part of the religion. You can't take some of it and not all of it. To do so would be taking away from the whole of the belief and concept. It's like baking a cake with no cake mix.

Is it because God says so?
- Yes. He is the center of the religion. So if he says so, then those that follow the religion must obey, otherwise they serve no purpose to follow the religion in the first place.

If so why does God see it as a sin?
- Because he says so. You don't question God on his rules. He made them. He made us. It's like asking your parents why they made the rules they did for you when you were 3. But on a much bigger scale. Serfs never question their masters in age old kingdoms. Mortals didn't question God. Maybe you should ask God one day and see what he tells you. Maybe he'll grant you the wisdom to know the reason. Or maybe it's just as simple as saying, it's against the natural order, the order he created, of things.
- Christians do not question God. It's as a pebble questioning a mountain.

Seeing he is all knowing and knows that gay people will be gay people and actually made them gay when born..wouldn't that be entrapment?.
- God makes no one gay. We ALL have free will.

Or is it you are just disgusted by the thought of the act of gay love making and want everyone else to feel the same way?.
- Turn it around. Why would the gay agenda press against the religious belief. If you want it your way, you have to accept it the other way as well.... or compramise.

It's the same old bickering. But YOU must understand that it goes both ways. Gays want equality and Christians want to be left out of it and closed off from it... Same as athiest and believers... neither wants to deal with the other.
edit on 5-1-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It sounds like it was made a sin a long time ago. Probably not so much gay as much as lack of morals altogether by everyone in some areas. It seems that people pinned it all on Gays in Sodom but it appears it was the attitude of people that was more of a problem. I suppose they had a lot of problems with rape back then and were trying to get it under control.

You have to remember that it was not listed on the ten commandments and I suppose people read what they want into things.
edit on 5-1-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If God thinks that homosexuality is a sin, why did he make so many of his priests and vicars gay?

The words contradictory hypocrite spring to mind.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

yeeyyy!!! I am so excited, another gay/religious debate. I cant get enough of these, its the reason I come to ATS every day!! whoooooo!!!!

I certainly dont come here to look up real information that pertains to real issues that dont split us up into little groups so that we can bicker at each other over and over and over.............

end sarcasm

Get it together guys, they want you and your fellow peasents to fight each other so we dont fight them. Every time there is a thread like this you play into there game.

To the OP who gives a sh#t! Do what you want and stop trying to instigate stuff on a public forum, its completely unnecessary. And comes off as a bit desperate. Do you not get the attention you need in real life?

Its also a sin to have straight sex under certain circumstances, but you dont see me making threads asking religious nuts "why is it a sin to have sex with my girlfriend out of wedlock?" I just do what i think is right and just every day. and hope a part of me lives on forever through my actions and my words.

I am sorry for yelling, and being a bit harsh, please forgive me.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

What are the youth suicide statistics on people having sex out of wedlock?

Why are you here if you don't think the topic is worth discussing?

How old do I have to be before I don't understand that people can discuss multiple topics on online forums at the same time?

Stop derailing the thread. It's rude.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRegal

I didnt derail the thread. I discussed sin and religion, staying on topic, stop trying to discredit my opinion by throwing out a buzzword.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Anyways, the reality of it is that "sin" just isn't real. "Sin" is used historically as a control device by church-run government to keep the specific people who run the place as sheltered and comfortable as possible.

The anti-homosexuals call homosexuality a sin because it would make them comfortable to be in a society that does not have homosexuals in it. They're weak human beings and they have no idea the kind of emotional damage that they cause on a daily basis. I'd feel more comfortable without bat-sh&% crazy religious folk all over the place, an there are more of them, but I put up with them to a certain degree because I know they're only that way because they were birthed into it by their parents and likely didnt receive much of an education. We all need to live on the same planet, after all, we're going to have to put up with eachother, even if some of us are bumming in private an others are yelling at woodchips and speaking jibberish an praising sky monsters in public.

When they say nonsense, though, and it's destructive, they're going to get an earfull.

Obviously I was in the other thread and the problem we're trying to address is likely never going to be answered:

How can something be a "sin" if it oesn't negatively impact anyone, and why does it get more attention than the sins that do negatively impact other people? I think it's really just mob rule. These aren't the brightest people in the world, and there are a lot of them, so they collect an fester and appropriate eachothers ridiculousness with their collective ignorance.
edit on 5-1-2014 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2014 by TheRegal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

DocScurlock

I didnt derail the thread. I discussed sin and religion, staying on topic, stop trying to discredit my opinion by throwing out a buzzword.

What was the buzzword?

I didn't discredit your opinion, I stated how it was completely out of place.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

100 percent of people that commit suicide make a choice and it has nothing to do with age, gender , race, sexual orientation or religion.

But if your one those that like to throw blame out on everyone else than the actual source than i think we are done conversing.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

derailing the thread

this is a commonly used term around here, and in this situation it is not warranted

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I wonder why you ask this question?

You didnt provide any stats your self so it seems that you are just using the same tactics the media and other groups use when they want to sensationalize a topic. Please provide stats if your gonna ask for stats.

Sorry for the multiple replys I should have grouped them into one.
edit on Sun20142014-01-05T21:47:08-06:00th2014-01-05T21:47:08-06:00000000Sun, 05 Jan 2014 21:47:08 -0600Sunday20142014-01-05T21:47:08-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Being gay and having children should be a sin! The only reason your doing it is to hide. Then there you are not even comfortable with who you are. And you feel that it's dangerous for people to know your gay. So you went and had kids.

WITHOUT even thinking that you could be putting them in the same GD predicament.
edit on 5-1-2014 by 9ArchaBallet9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
One thing i find hard to understand, is if you want us to stop "Throwing our sexuality in your face" why do some feel it necessary to "throw" religious laws in our face?

the hate is what i don't understand, and not even "hate" so much as the verbal attacks, the "Abominations" and "Burn in hell" and "Sickness".

what was said above is correct, we continue to divide ourselves because we refuse tolerance and acceptance, you can have all your freedoms and still be tolerant, you don't have to agree with my sexuality, or believe i was born this way, you can believe my "acting" on my sexuality is a sin but you don't have to continue with the "God Hates Expletive"

Religion is a belief you choose to believe not sexuality

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 9ArchaBallet9

If you are talking about a Gay couple adopting Children or using a surrogate that has nothing to do with "Hiding" your sexuality, if you are talking about a Homosexual being in a heterosexual relationship than yes they would be trying to hide their true sexuality.

as can be seen by the many politicians and Religious people that are discovered in Homosexual encounters whilst married with Kids

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

DocScurlock

100 percent of people that commit suicide make a choice and it has nothing to do with age, gender , race, sexual orientation or religion.

Wow.

You are completely wrong on all 5 of those grounds.

I hope one of the parents on the several gay teens who comitted suicide in the time it took you to read this post finds your face with their fist one day.

Or the nobody who ever cared about the muslim women who commit suicide constantly. But I guess they never existed either.

It's all an illusion, right? A big government conspiracy? There are other issues worth discussing, bro, go find them. You don't seem to know a damn thing about this one.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

TheRegal

DocScurlock

Wow.

You are completely wrong on all 5 of those grounds.

I hope one of the parents on the several gay teens who comitted suicide in the time it took you to read this post finds your face with their fist one day.

Or the nobody who ever cared about the muslim women who commit suicide constantly. But I guess they never existed either.

It's all an illusion, right? A big government conspiracy? There are other issues worth discussing, bro, go find them. You don't seem to know a damn thing about this one.

So what your saying that when someone COMMITS SUICIDE it because of another persons decision. I would love to see you prove that.

and now because you dont like my opinion you want me physically injured? Wow talk about intolerant!

I never said suicide was conspiracy or illusion. But there you go using more media sensationalism tactics again.

I like this issue just fine, and I point you towards my orignal post within this thread and YOU prove everything I said in my original post.

edit on Sun20142014-01-05T22:19:17-06:00th2014-01-05T22:19:17-06:00000000Sun, 05 Jan 2014 22:19:17 -0600Sunday20142014-01-05T22:19:17-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join