It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Preppers.. WWJD?.. he would NOT be a prepper! you ALL FAIL!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I keep hearing 2 things from a huge swath of people.

1. Prep for SHTF or TEOTWAWKI.
2. "I Am a Christian". "I follow the teachings of Jesus"

As the main reason why I left the religion, most of the followers are .. well, lets just say they are completely disturbing.

Jesus commanded the rich to "give it all away" and join him. There are numerous verses about this. Also, pretty obvious that the agreeance in helping your fellow man is the MAIN THING.. Jesus, the leader, stated it VERY CLEAR.

Yet, I keep hearing to "buy food, ammo, etc"

REALLY CHRISTIANS? Buy guns and ammo? so when the starving people come you can be greedy with your food and KILL them?

WHOA DUDE!?!

so, instead of helping people by feeding the hungry now, stock away food for something that may NEVER HAPPEN?

what about "God will provide"?.. another aspect that proves Christian preppers ate the fruit of the STOOOOPID tree.

The ads on the internet, promoted on supposed "Christian" websites and blogs are RIDICULOUS>

a. stocking away unneeded food instead of giving those resources to the needy NOW
b. buying guns/ammo as a MEANS to KILL someone that may come asking for food one day?
c. once again, buying GUNS to KILL the needy?

Let the ATTACKS begin..!! and the If's; And's; and But's.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I bet less than 1% of so called Christians would actually pass by Jesus standards.
It makes me weep when I see millionaire preachers spouting BS and hate all the time.
Would Jesus even own a gun? I don't know but you are right they are bat # crazy and bang outa order.
So So called Christians do what Jesus said and give your money away, help people for once and stop being hypocrites and liars.
S&F dude

edit on 5-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

We all saw "The Book of Eli" we know how it went for the Christian Preppers after the nuke went off, didn't see many preppers afterwards did we? Just an evil tyrant looking for a Bible go figure

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You should be endorsing them. If the rapture happens and many of them are plucked off the face of the earth, think about all those sweet stashes out there for you to find. Then, it could be argued that they are really doing both.

Of course, if you can care for yourself and your family, then you have the latitude to help others later on, but if you're honest with yourself, you also know that many who come calling in those days will prey on you rather than take the help you can give which is why you need to guns and ammo.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The guns and ammo thing is for people who intend to kill you for your food, not for someone who asks for help.

And remember, god helps those who help themselves. Preparing to take care of your family in a time of emergency is not an evil practice.

I'm not really a "prepper" per say, but I do have a bit of a stock of canned goods, and the guns and ammo thing is covered. And yes, in a break down of society, when the savages come to my home looking to take from my family, they will be met with the barrel of a gun.

In the meantime, I think you would find most of the Christian types are accually quite giving in nature.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

HanzHenry
I keep hearing 2 things from a huge swath of people.

1. Prep for SHTF or TEOTWAWKI.
2. "I Am a Christian". "I follow the teachings of Jesus"

As the main reason why I left the religion, most of the followers are .. well, lets just say they are completely disturbing.

Jesus commanded the rich to "give it all away" and join him. There are numerous verses about this. Also, pretty obvious that the agreeance in helping your fellow man is the MAIN THING.. Jesus, the leader, stated it VERY CLEAR.

REALLY CHRISTIANS? Buy guns and ammo? so when the starving people come you can be greedy with your food and KILL them?

WHOA DUDE!?!

so, instead of helping people by feeding the hungry now, stock away food for something that may NEVER HAPPEN?

what about "God will provide"?.. another aspect that proves Christian preppers ate the fruit of the STOOOOPID tree.

The ads on the internet, promoted on supposed "Christian" websites and blogs are RIDICULOUS>

a. stocking away unneeded food instead of giving those resources to the needy NOW
b. buying guns/ammo as a MEANS to KILL someone that may come asking for food one day?
c. once again, buying GUNS to KILL the needy?

Let the ATTACKS begin..!! and the If's; And's; and But's.

Lmao!

Thanks for the laugh Hanz

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I dont think the lot of ANY of you would know what jesus do.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

As far as WWJD goes, any Christian that holds down a job is a fail also.
They should all be roaming the countryside spreading the good news.

I'm not going to fault someone for putting enough supplies to get through the winter.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Jesus also told Christians that it was fair, even morally correct, for us to defend ourselves.

When he said that we should turn the other cheek, you have to consider the context. He was talking about the Old Testament Mosaic Law where it was said that you should punish according to eye for an eye. This was a form of OT punishment that was supposed to accorded to the priests to mete out. Instead, it was being used to justify revenge. Jesus said turn the other cheek to teach that the practice of violent revenge was wrong.

However, in Luke, Jesus tells his disciples to sell their cloaks and buy swords. If Christ was all about pacifism all the time, why would he do that? Maybe it's because it's morally wrong to be in a position to stop violence being done to one's family, children, friends ... or even strangers ... and to do nothing to prevent it in the name of pacifism. Thank about it. Who here would see a small child being beaten, raped, maybe murdered and do nothing because you think Jesus said not to? And who here really thinks that Jesus would have us do nothing to intervene in that instance?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry too much about Christians honestly... most of them don't even know the gospels

I've recently found that churches tend to preach about everything except the gospels actually

Jesus had a parable about this subject... IF the Christians you speak of are "preppers" they clearly do not know this parable...

pretty sad actually...

And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:

17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?

18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.

19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.

20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If I could conjure massive amounts of food out the elements, I would not prep at all.
Nothing wrong when power goes out,Ice storm,Tornado riping up powerlines.Jesus taking care of you sometimes It means for you to die,Katrina, That's your Taking care of.Boyscout motto be prepared.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Why exactly are they prepping? Isn't eternal bliss just on the other side of death? Why delay the inevitable when you can go ahead and cash in your ticket?

Of all the things religion supposedly cures you of, fear of death doesn’t seem to be one of them. Funny how that works.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Do atheists prep, or just Christians? And if atheists do, why? So that their family and maybe friends and neighbors will be prepared for a possible disaster? Isn't that the same reason why people build tornado and bomb shelters? I don't understand what the problem is. Stocking up on food doesn't affect how much you give to the needy, ridiculous argument. And Christians actually think murder is wrong. There are times however when it is okay to defend oneself and one's family, such as if armed people want to kill you for your supplies. It's called the just war theory. Google it. The vast, vast majority of preppers, including Christians, have guns and ammo strictly for defense purposes.

Yet another self-righteous, condescending attack on Christians that stereotypes them all into one group. I lose faith in the sanity of the posters on this website every day.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Do you know what a martyr is? How many martyrs died for atheism?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostfacekilah00

Every religion has their martyrs, does that mean all of them are right?

Ask your every day Christian walking the street if they'll pour gasoline on themselves then light a match in the name of Jesus. How many do you think would do it? My guess is none. Apparently fear of temporary pain overrides eternal bliss for them.
edit on 37011818CST373 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

butcherguy

As far as WWJD goes, any Christian that holds down a job is a fail also.
They should all be roaming the countryside spreading the good news.

I'm not going to fault someone for putting enough supplies to get through the winter.

That was a specific instruction Jesus gave to a single rich man who asked how he could perfectly follow God's will. The man already had more than enough for the rest of his life, which the Bible explains. In the vast majority of cases though, Jesus does not tell people to quit their jobs, and that includes tax collectors. If nobody did any work, there would be no food, no infrastructure, you get the picture.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1

Every religion has their martyrs, does that mean all of them are right?

Ask your every day Christian walking the street if they'll pour gasoline on themselves then light a match in the name of Jesus. How many do you think would do it? My guess is none. Apparently fear of temporary pain overrides eternal bliss for them.
edit on 37011818CST373 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

So no martyrs for atheism then? Also, the case you just described is suicide, not martyrdom. Martyrs are killed by an outside source that gives them the choice to either renounce their beliefs or be executed. I would be a martyr for Jesus without a second thought. I'd be happy to do so.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Jesus commanded the rich to "give it all away" and join him. There are numerous verses about this.

No, he commanded one rich person to do this, who went away "very sad." Money was that man's stumbling block. Jesus commented that it is difficult for the rich to enter Heaven. He didn't say it was impossible. He said "Blessed are the poor in spirit." (Think of someone saying, "I can't make it to the party, but I'll be there in spirit.") You can be rich and poor in spirit, or rich and rich in spirit or poor and rich in spirit, or poor and poor in spirit. What matters is not the dollar amount, but the attitude towards it.

Also, pretty obvious that the agreeance in helping your fellow man is the MAIN THING.. Jesus, the leader, stated it VERY CLEAR.

The true Christians will share their food stocks with the needy in the collapse. They can't very well do that if they don't stock up, can they?

OK, do you think a soldier in the army who happens to be a Christian and gets deployed overseas shouldn't carry a gun? There's a difference between murdering people and defending the weak and innocent. It just so happens that the next world war might be on our soil.

So I guess Christians should just quit their jobs, right?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm sure Jesus really supported manual labor and wages, I mean he did spend 40 days and nights out in the wilderness chopping down trees and bringing them back to help the "infrastructure".

Matthew 6
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Working a job is the epitome of worrying about tomorrow. Jesus had no use for jobs or labor. Our working class infrastructure is all about hoarding things for ourselves, as a Christian and follower of Jesus you should hate the way society is set up, yet here you are defending it.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

What religion doesn't have its martyrs? Christianity isn't unique in that category as you seem to think. By the way, I'm not an atheist so your comment about atheist martyrs has no effect on me.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join