It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elites of Pompeii dined on giraffe leg and flamingo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I would definitely try a flamingo breast or a Giraffe ham if presented the opportunity.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What do you mean social inequality was worse in the past? Blind much? There's a world of difference between even so much as an upper middle class meal & a lower middle class meal today, let alone a billionaire's meals. And just because it's imported & not native to the area doesn't meal it's entirely out of reach either then nor now. Take, for example, the former Taco Fusion business in Tampa (closed down, though, it seems) Check out their Safari Taco menu:
taco-fusion.com...
They ended up famous & with a media firestorm on their hands because idiots equated the former Lion Tacos with poaching an endangered species (they're neither)

My point is some other restaurant could open up & sell the same exotic meats, and import it all to boot. Food imports are nothing new, and especially not for the wealthy (I'm sure Lion steaks & primate burgers can be had nowadays if you have enough moolah) Between outrageously expensive imported chocolates, cheeses & wines, I don't see how this is a shocker for other edibles, for any time. It's simply called "indulgence". We've been doing it for thousands of years now.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

The article was very different before they edit it, there was no mention to the place they found the joint as a restaurant, they talked about a district having common food and another having all kind of imported food.

Can you people stop grilling this simple iguana
(iguana does taste like chicken btw and yes my avatar is no iguana)

<< 1   >>

join