It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A compelling alternate theory for the pyramids in light of the Book of Enoch, and the Book of Tobia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Book of Tobit, 8

1 When they had finished eating and drinking, the girl's parents wanted to retire. They brought the young man out of the dining room and led him into the bedroom. 2 At this point Tobiah, mindful of Raphael's instructions, took the fish's liver and heart from the bag which he had with him, and placed them on the embers for the incense. 3 The demon, repelled by the odor of the fish, fled into Upper Egypt; Raphael pursued him there and bound him hand and foot. Then Raphael returned immediately.

Book of Enoch, 10

' And again the Lord said to Raphael: 'Bind Azazel hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening 5 in the desert, which is in Dudael, and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may 6,7 not see light. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire.

These two excerpts appear at first glance to be telling different perspectives of the same story! There is one peculiar difference which is the name of the evil spirit being bound. Enoch cites Azazel as the demon that is being bound, whereas The Book of Tobit cites the name as Asmodeus.

I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than me can fill in some of the blanks, but it seems that the Book of Tobit is a story told in the 7th century BC. Then 25th dynasty of Pharoahs, also known as the "Nubian Dynasty', (part of the "Kush" Empire?), was in power in Egypt during this time.

My theory is that the Pyramids are the rough and jagged stones under which these demons were bound. The manner in which the Archangel is instructed to bind sounds exactly like what we know today to be mummification. I am fascinated by this thought.

There are implications if this is true.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mrphilosophias

According to Edgar Cayce one of the three Halls of Records are located beneath the pyramids/Great sphinx. Never herd of any Demons through.

I thought Azazel/Asmodeus was a Sumerian deity/demigod not Egyptian.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

andy06shake

According to Edgar Cayce one of the three Halls of Records are located beneath the pyramids/Great sphinx. Never herd of any Demons through.

en.wikipedia.org...

meaning the Assyrian empire?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

But at that point in time the pyramids did not have the appearance of "rough stone" as they were covered in polished casing stones. While Tobit may have alleged to refer to things that happened in the 7th century BCE it was most certainly written much later in theate 2nd century BCE as there are some incongruities in the text that guarantee it was written much later than the 7th century as it borrows heavily from Chronicles which dates to the 4th century BCE For what it's worth, its certainly oneiftgemore original Interpretations I've seen yet so kudos for that.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

To me the texts are simply describing a kind of shackling, or tying up, of the demons. Binding their hands and feet does not sound like mummification to me, as no fetters, ties, binds, shackles, chains, or other restricting elements are placed on the wrists or ankles of mummified bodies. What the text describes, to me, is more along the lines of making the demon a prisoner: like the police do when they're arresting someone today.

The liver and heart were never burned in the process of mummification. The liver, lungs, large intestine, and stomach were ritually removed, washed, wrapped, and stored in canopic jars, protected by the Four Sons of Horus, so that the Akh of the deceased could use them again in the afterlife. The heart itself was seldom removed, as it was believed that Osiris, Maat, and Ammit would take care of that during the "weighing of the heart" part of the judgment process.

As for "jagged" stones, as another user pointed out, the pyramids were not jagged, but quite smooth during their initial construction. It was only during the years of wear-and-tear that came post-Ancient Egypt, and during revolutions and wars, that the pyramids began to slide into disrepair. The text seems, to me, to describe a process of tying up a demon to prevent its escape, and then burying it under stones as a way of imprisoning/killing it.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

You are correct as the pyramids were smooth on all sides during construction...the finish was so smooth they were described by some as reflecting sunlight for long distances, nothing jagged there.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Tobit

Tobit was of the tribe of Naphtali and was living in Nineveh after the deportation of the northern tribes of Israel to Assyria under Sargon II. Thus he lived about 1650 years after the great flood, or about 2350 years after the watchers descended to Earth. The Jewish people in that time on and onward consequently referred to the watchers and their descendants as demons and devils.

Azazel

Azazel was one of the alien (watchers) who descended to Earth at the time of Jared. Jared lived from 460 to 1422 after the birth of Adam. Let’s then assume that this event then took place about midways in Jared’s live. That means that the event probably took place around 700 years before the great flood.
Azazel was (together with Semjaza) considered as the two ‘most wanted’ alien criminals as it was those two who caused the most damages as Azâzêl was the one who taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth, which seen from the alien point of view was a major crime and violation of the prime directive.

www.sacred-texts.com...
“And they were in all two hundred; who descended ⌈in the days⌉ of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. 7. And these are the names of their leaders: Sêmîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl, Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl. These are their chiefs of tens.”

Asmodeus

Asmodeus was one of the second generation alien watchers (and thus one of the giants) as he was the son of Naamah and Shamdon (one of the watchers who descended to Earth together with Azazel). Naamah was daughter of Lamech (the Cainite) and Zillah (The Sethite). She also became one of Noah’s many wife and thus also the mother of Ham.
Also note that the texts also mentions Ishtar (Inanna) who was the daughter of the Sumerian moon god Nanna (Suen). That probably adds to my claims that the Gods in the Sumerian texts was the watchers.

www.sacred-texts.com...
“Unlike Istehar, the pious maiden, Naamah, the lovely sister of Tubal-cain, led the angels astray with her beauty, and from her union with Shamdon sprang the devil Asmodeus. She was as shameless as all the other descendants of Cain, and as prone to bestial indulgences. Cainite women and Cainite men alike were in the habit of walking abroad naked, and they gave themselves up to every conceivable manner of lewd practices. Of such were the women whose beauty and sensual charms tempted the angels from the path of virtue.”

Beelzeboul

In the testament of Solomon we can read that Beelzeboul was the leader of the demons at the time of Solomon. Beelzeboul told Solomon that he was the last one of the watchers that (at that time) was alive. That was about 1370 years after the great flood.

edit on 5-1-2014 by helius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Azazel is mentioned in the Bible, or rather his goat is. According to Enoch he gave man weapons of war and trained them for battle against the giants. For doing that, the angel of healing, Raphael, is sent out to bind him (by knowing his name) and bury him under rugged rocks in Dudael desert where he is saved for hell. My guess is, he will fight alongside human soldiers in Hell and be a full canteen and a cover for him in those terrible wars the bible calls Hell. His goat offering is a goat let loose into the wilderness. Sounds familiar?

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
How many demons didn't the mention in the story, for all the extra pyramids around ?

Just something that caught my attention...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
very interesting information. thank you guys

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

andy06shake

en.wikipedia.org...

Azazel and Asmodeus (two distinctly different demons) are both very Abrahamic as demons. As with many of their demons, they may have gotten inspiration from benign figures in nearby pagan traditions but these two don't really carry any baggage like that and are likely only from Hebrew mythology and the Christian pantheon of gods.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The Sumerians were supposedly advanced and have carvings of rockets and men in space suits. so there is a solid connection there.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Remember that demons have secret names, and knowing these names allows a magician to invoke, bind or command &c. these demons. Enochian magic is concidered very powerful and slightly darker than the more balanced Solomonian magic (still, Solomonian magic is very dark indeed). Mostly the same angels and demons, but all together very different indeed. But before you all start bossing ancient angels and demons around, know that it is powerful stuff and can turn your mind and sanity, your body and soul-- appart and become the beginning of an endless hell.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

Yep yep, I would stay away from that lol. I read somewhere that the number of the Fallen was actually very large, much more than two hundred. Sorry memory does not allow me to recall more right now. Sure someone here remembers what I am talking about. It was due to translation or something but the number of demons was huge lol.

There many caves in the area where he was supposed to be thrown. Had a pic of one around here somewhere. There is even building there and people gone looking for him. Not sure that is journey i would want to take lol.

Some things you don't want to find lol. The devil and his army would be one lol.

The Bot

top topics

join