It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Wanted To Know How Much Things Cost At McDonalds?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Found this today, quite the interesting find. These also include packaging btw.

A Big Mac costs 77 cents,.

Nuggets cost .06 cents.

See where I'm going with this? Meanwhile you all pay 10$ a meal. Now they could claim this is to pay for staffing etc, but clearly as we all know, they pay their staff crap. Provide hardly any benefits and as we've seen with their website that was taken down recently, they even try to tell them NOT to eat at fast food restaurants.

Ridiculous.

Anywhoo, it's certainly interesting to see.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I guess this would explain why they have no qualms about wasting large amounts of food. I worked at McDonalds when I was 13 and the amount of food waste I witnessed on any given shift was sickening. Doesn't matter as much to the company when they are only throwing out $20 worth of product a day I suppose.
edit on 4-1-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
I guess this would explain why they have no qualms about wasting large amounts of food. I worked at McDonalds when I was 13 and the amount of food waste I witnessed on any given shift was sickening. Doesn't matter as much to the company when they are only throwing out $20 worth of product a day I suppose.
edit on 4-1-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

You should have reported that to the corporate HQ....

There was food at a McDonalds?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sure, theyre a business out to make money. NO-ONE is forced to eat there, ive seen eight year olds eating a box of twenty nuggets plus fries, surely more of a contentious issue is that people eat this food regularly. Dont blame Macdonalds, if it wasnt for theyre customers they wouldnt exist. We all have the element of choice in our lives.

You cannot argue the element of choice here, and in Britain at least, you cant say its cheap food that appeals to poorer people, an adult meal being on average around £4.
edit on 4-1-2014 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

When you were 13??

Really?

Isn't that...kinda illegal?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's more than the cost of the food items that set retail prices. Operating costs, employee wages, marketing, and charitable donations are also factors.

All Quick Service operations waste food, not just McD's.
Ray Kroc was a genius at business on part with Ford, Carnegie, Morgan, etc. (not the 'evil' just the savvy)

S&F for the new waste sheet. It's been awhile since I've seen one.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Redboxin because: more to say

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
That is amazing to see.. I take it that's from a McDonald's listing of what it's costing them to throw out each listed item?

I'd seen another list in a McDonalds on the wall for staff to see which listed the cost of condiments with the admonishment to think before giving more than 1 or 2 (depending on item) by request only. Ketchup was $.05 I think, while I know one of the dipping sauces was $0.20 for a bit of a hit on them.

I guess they count every last bean in every last way. That makes for a statement on profit margins vs. material tho.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Valid points.
Also, the workers take the job by their own choice.

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm always interested in actual cost versus retail. The way they jack prices up makes me sick. Granted, and you mentioned, one can argue staffing/transpo/etc that help drive up prices, but I'm reminded of a few things:

1) I remember reading several years ago about drug costs. A single pill that take .01 cents to make is sold for several dollars or more a pill. Hundreds and sometimes a thousand more percentage mark up.

2) Looks at things such as clothes: I remember seeing a jacket once that was retailed at, for example, $100. The next week it was "on sale" for $60. About a month later it was "retailed at $40-50, with like 40% off. True, they are wanting to get rid of it, but the initial cost versus what they actually accept for it, and that it probably costs less than $10 to make, is outrageous.

And this is true for practically everything we buy and/or consume, including healthcare. The mark up and profit margins are insane.

Back to the OP. I am not surprised it takes .06 cents to make chicken nuggets, lol. I am surprised that the "burger" or whatever takes as much as .77 cents.

edit on 4-1-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   

source? i can make that sheet print it take a picture and post it too, doesn't make it real though

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Yeah...but in reality nobody is forced into online scams either...but those who are ripped off by them are still victims, and the online scammers are still very much criminals.

Bit of a weak argument not being forced to eat there isn't it.

Is it the publics fault that multi-billion dollar corporations can afford to hire the best psychologists and advertising gurus to influence them into doing what the corp wants them to?

The average Joe doesn't even have a clue they are effectively being brainwashed...that's what makes it so effective.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They probably double or triple the prices that they list on the posters, I doubt it would seem important if they listed the ketchup as costing only a penny.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

A Big Mac costs 77 cents,.

Nuggets cost .06 cents.

and it tastes like it too.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Kind of hard to criticize a company that developed their own supply & production chain. If it cost double, would you suddenly feel sorry for them?

I feel sorry if anything for the people that eat there all the time, but only if they complain about eating somewhere else because it cost (x) $ extra.

I can open a restaurant and charge $15 for a chicken sandwich, which was grain fed and free range, and I will get a few customers. Many will bitch and say it wasn't worth it.

McDonalds can take their chicken farmed meat, inject it with soy protein to increase the weight and "meat" content, fry it up and sell it for half the price and their cost is about 3 times less than mine. But where will people eat?

They will choose McDonalds because they didn't want to wait that extra few minutes nor pay the extra few dollars. Simple as that.

And if I'm lucky enough to gain popularity I will probably have to look at reducing costs, because a few months out of the year during slow times I don't have enough cash flow to keep things moving, so I will start by making a contract with a larger meat supplier that has subpar meat, and eventually try to set up my own supply chain.

As a consumer, you have all the power who stays in business. No matter how grimy, how underhanded, how many regulations or back room deals the larger corporations are involved in. And if there is nothing around, pack your own lunch or cook at home. Support your local restaurants and diners.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Also, food wastage. Much of this is to fall in line with regulations. People bitch about how much food we throw out but a lot of it is for food safety. Or freshness.

If food makes people sick or it isn't fresh people bitch. If we throw out food, people bitch. Meanwhile, the restaurant and food service industry has to take food wastage, spoilages, and everything else in stride and pen it into their losses columns.

I think the bottom line is that people bitch. And that's about all there is to take away from this.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Im not going to get into an arguement with you about this, because obviously your mind is made up, but frankly, myself and most of the people I know, find the adverts for Macdonalds CRINGWORTHY. Maybe we can agree that our generations reliance on fast food is a symptom of the fast pace of society today, people work, its easier to get a fast food takeaway than cook a meal, HOWEVER that is a choice. I work ,but i choose to cook healthy, tasty meals for my children, we rarely have takeaway because that is what i CHOOSE.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I think what bothers me the most is that they refer to over 2/3 of the items on that list as waste. I'm sure it is a food service term but when I read it I can't help but imagining them recycling garbage and creating those items.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
ATS doesn't allow links from some pages but a picture without source, date or anything is totally cool to explain how a company's evil, are the prices dollars at least? Canadian mcdonnalds?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't think this takes into consideration ongoing franchise fees, costs of buying the franchise, property taxes, Utility costs, phone costs, Labor costs and also the cost of unemployment insurance, Employers costs of Social Security and medicare contributions, business insurances and Workers Comp costs, Snow removal costs, maintenance costs, and I am sure there are a few more I haven't listed. The owner of a McDonalds doesn't get that rich.

franchises.businessmart.com...

In the end, nobody gets filthy rich owning a small business. If you luck out and get A McDs in a very good location it isn't bad. When a McDs comes to town the business is good for a few years but then another restaurant starts up and yet another. Nobody gets rich.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ronald McDonald is the Ginger Anti Christ...Fact..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join