It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beer skulling former Prime Minister

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Its probably only interesting to Aussies and maybe Kiwis,

......Ahem, *coughs very loudly* - you sure?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Here's a few clues for the non-Aussies:

1. Australians love their beer.
2. Australians loved Bob Hawke (even when he wore that stupid jacket when we won the Americas Cup in '83 we still forgave him.)
3. Bob Hawke loved his beer and his sport and held the world record for the fastest drinker of a glass of beer (called sculling)
4. The video in this thread shows that he has still 'got it' even at age 84 and Aussies find this amusing and awesome.

Is that enough information now? Or do I have to post the entire history and culture of Australia too? Or perhaps a certain poster could realise that just because something is not American news that it still might be of interest to people that do not reside in America.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Freeborn

I'll amend that to all countries in the Commonwealth

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Absolute pearler of a thread! 84 years old and still doing Australia proud

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

I tell you what mate.....when Jimmy Carter skulls a beer in one go at the baseball...make a thread and I will be the first to star it.

until then...JOG ON.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Not only was he good at a bit of the old drinky poos, here he is tearing Richard Carleton a new one for old time sake.

Is this the "Jacket"? (he seems slightly sozzled in this joke telling, never seen this before! What a guy!)

But I was looking for an old clip of him from maybe the 60's or 70's skulling a yardy. Haven't found it yet but its a ripper!

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

bellagirl
reply to post by trollz

I tell you what mate.....when Jimmy Carter skulls a beer in one go at the baseball...make a thread and I will be the first to star it.

until then...JOG ON.

judging by his character on this thread i doubt he jogs.....more like a power walk....talk about unaustralian

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Qumulys
reply to post by Kryties

Not only was he good at a bit of the old drinky poos, here he is tearing Richard Carleton a new one for old time sake.

Good ol' Bob had a way with words hehe

Is this the "Jacket"? (he seems slightly sozzled in this joke telling, never seen this before! What a guy!)

Yep that's the one!! That's a relatively recent clip, I can't believe he held onto the jacket all this time and it still fits lol

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Here he is exactly 2 years ago at the same ground in the Australia v India game.

www.youtube.com...

This should be doubly confusing now to Mr "trollz"

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Freeborn

And the occasional whinging Pom

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

And before Mr "trollz" questions whether its newsworthy....consider the amount of views this clip had on youtube.... I believe it says 1,254,889.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

In a non-rude way, it was just a bit of fun information.

If i saw David Cameron downing a pint I would have thought it was amazing! It's just something out of character for a politician, any of our leaders would be worried it was poison.

That is why it is news, just as a bit of fun news rather than doom and gloom, which I needed, S+F

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I believe someone #neknominated him :p haha

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

My old man wore a t-shirt that said "give Bob the job" in the lead-up the the election. I remember it well.

God bless 11 second Bob and Beer. He's a good bloke.....for a pollie.

The 11 second weapon

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
pffft....so its not a "current event". even though it happened just hours ago. its a "people" thread.

again, displays the joke this site can be. its like when I broke the news of the attack on the embassy and it was moved from "breaking news" to "social issues".

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Should of said a two head reptilian or aliens did it and it probably would of stayed in breaking news

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Stealthbomber

Here is the thread I created in breaking news regarding the Benghazi attack as it happened. within the first hour or two it was moved to the "middle east issues" forum. I was informed in a private message that it wasn't worthy of breaking news. even though I protested that it was in fact breaking news and going to be a massive story....they would not budge.

lol...my only enjoyment is the fact that everytime the person who moved it hears "Benghazi" they must shudder.

p.s..... its not about being first. its about many people relying on ats for their news and current events. so many stories break on ats before anywhere else. but...if your not in the "in" crowd its just like the school playground.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-1-2014 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join