It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient space programs possible?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yes this is about the ancient astronaut theory and why I think could be possible. If you think about it, there is allot of evidence in archeology records of alien visitation or maybe even ancient space programs. The reason many people have a hard time believing in ancient people using spacecraft is because there arent any anymore. If you think about how modern space programs build ships there would be little evidence of it after a few thousand years. Spacecraft and computers in ancient times certainly wouldn't have been built out of stone and therefore be prone to decomposition. If humanity were to stop bulding modern technology, everything would be gone in a relatively short ammount of time.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

paranormal78
Yes this is about the ancient astronaut theory and why I think could be possible. If you think about it, there is allot of evidence in archeology records of alien visitation or maybe even ancient space programs. The reason many people have a hard time believing in ancient people using spacecraft is because there arent any anymore. If you think about how modern space programs build ships there would be little evidence of it after a few thousand years. Spacecraft and computers in ancient times certainly wouldn't have been built out of stone and therefore be prone to decomposition. If humanity were to stop bulding modern technology, everything would be gone in a relatively short ammount of time.

There's lots of proof of ancient astronauts. Down in one of the Aztec temples or maybe Inca, there's a wall painting of a man with a helmet riding in a UFO. There are examples in Chinese art, and there are examples in Renaissance art if you know where to look. I'll provide links later. Great thread. S n F

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

The Antikythera device, amazing piece of kit and at least a couple thousand years old, what other technology was around then?

It would be stupid to discount our ancestors of technological advancements just because we haven't found evidence. Also, it's weird how we consider older civilizations as primitive when we don't fully understand all aspects of ancient culture.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If a cataclysmic event happened now and wiped us off the map but left our wares relatively untouched (radiation poisoning?), a new rebirth of civilization in a couple thousand years would say all sorts about this time period and how it makes no sense at all.

"Well, they put a man on the moon, split the atom, cured disease, genetically engineered food to grow better, harnessed various sources of energy, mass transportation, mass communications…. and yet…

Dear heavens, it says here they used to lock up 1/3 to 2/3s of the population during their lifetime for possessing different compounds and chemicals + for stealing, but their monetary system is the exact definition of most of their fraud and theft laws, and -this can't be right- it also says they put other chemicals into things on purpose, and… well, there's this thing about something called a "Kanye West", we believe him to be some kind of prophet based on his following and writings, who claims "I'm bigger than Jesus", of course, Jesus being an even more archaic religious icon. Strange culture indeed!"
edit on 3-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Then there are things like this thousands of years old that is essentially a damaged plaster model of a man in a space plane with the tail plane and wings missing but the three rockets recognizable thousands of years old and from the Turkish museum.

As for the remains while I believe it to be a possability though perhaps that may clash with my religious belief then any remains would be found on the moon as if those on earth were destroyed through natural process then it must have been a very long time ago indeed but what if the process of destruction was not natural but he earth was litteraly cleaned up.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Definitely possible for Ancient Aliens. So much evidence to support it. It's a good theory. The problem of course is that there are a lot of holes, and that the ancient aliens program looks at EVERY aspect or possibility so of course, there is going to be some stuff that doesn't cut the mustard, so to speak. But the theory in general, that Aliens visited the earth is entirely possible and some of the evidence is very intriguing. Some of this stuff also good lead to the theory that we had advanced human civilizations on earth, much more advanced and much earlier than mainstream archeology accepts at the moment. Very exciting stuff.

Man, if they looked back at us in 3 thousand years, we would be a total mystery. They wouldn't be able to differentiate between our historical records and our entertainment. Imagine all the confusion that would cause. All the different music, TV shows, movies. We would be a total mystery, I would imagine and our fascination with war would make the Spartans look like girl scouts. That's what would be left...all of our weapons. So many.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There was the 300 million year old machine part they found a few weeks ago. That far back, anything is possible. Its hard for people to wrap their minds around that, most still want to know what happened to everything like the buildings, duh. THAT long ago. Ive seen an old wood house get taken over by the forest and absorbed into the ground just in my lifetime. In my opinion, the good stuff is found in the coal. Certainly there could have been technology that long ago. The age of the earth is speculative, they don't really know. Think about billions of years as opposed to millions, anything was possible.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm skeptical of 'recent' hi-tech civilizations because once modern humans got seriously into tool and machine building, they found the ores and the oil lying right on or just below the surface -- and in a few thousand years stripped off all the easily-accessible resources. They take millions of years to refill.

Even ancient spacefaring civilizations would have left objects in high orbits, particularly 24-hour orbit [or close, if Earth's day was different]. We don't see anything there that we didn't put there -- not even a 'black knight or two.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

lotusfoot
There was the 300 million year old machine part they found a few weeks ago. 

Must have missed this?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VapourUK

It was a fossil... a crinoid... NOT a 300 mil year old machine part...

That goofyness was started on B-I-N months ago... do not get suckered

edit on 3-1-2014 by madmac5150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Has anyone here read "the lost book of enki"
By Zecharia Zitchin? Or any of his books really?

I take it all with a grain of salt as i know he makes a lot of mistakes but overall i dont think his shortcomings take too much away from his translations and i think it is a pretty fair interpretation of the ancient writings.

Regardless, i think his books are fascinating.

I am editing this post to add the most prolific counter argument to sitchins work, from michael heiser. He is a linguist who disagrees strongly with sitchins translations. A lot of which i agree with, but not all.

I love reading ancient texts. The more obscure the better. Any translations of the bible, the book of enoch, rare gospels, baghavad gita, epic of gilgamesh, enuma elish, there are literally hundreds more. They all tell a slightly different story, but the common theme between them all is... Drum roll... ... ... Alien intervention!!

And i havent even gotten into ancient african myths or australian stories, or south american myths or even native american myths. But its the same story there although they are not as consistant with eachother as the previous set.

The biggest problem i have really believing any of it is the lack of certified physical evidence. Although there is some really convincing stuff. I can sill bring my mind to a place where its very possible, but its hard to stay there and still function in a society that... Well... Isn't interested.

I am an atheist and most of my family and friends are too. Although not all of them. So when i want to bring out a bible or any other religious text, i am usually met with blank expressions or rolling eyes.

Most christians cant snap out of their mindset long enough to even open a bible either, much less really sit down and read and discuss it.

To me the old testament is the most watered down rendering of our genesis story. All the older religious book are much more detailed.

But "the lost book of enki" is my recent favorite.

edit on 3-1-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

JimOberg
I'm skeptical of 'recent' hi-tech civilizations because once modern humans got seriously into tool and machine building, they found the ores and the oil lying right on or just below the surface -- and in a few thousand years stripped off all the easily-accessible resources. They take millions of years to refill.

Even ancient spacefaring civilizations would have left objects in high orbits, particularly 24-hour orbit [or close, if Earth's day was different]. We don't see anything there that we didn't put there -- not even a 'black knight or two.

That's true but what if the civilization evolved along a different path? Smaller city states, Solar and something else...they bypassed fossil fuel consumption for some reason. All it takes is one amazing breakthrough in one area to push civilization along a different path.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

lostbook

paranormal78

There's lots of proof of ancient astronauts. Down in one of the Aztec temples or maybe Inca, there's a wall painting of a man with a helmet riding in a UFO. There are examples in Chinese art, and there are examples in Renaissance art if you know where to look. I'll provide links later. Great thread. S n F

Here are the links:

I know this info is nothing new here on ATS but check it out.

Renaissanc Art
www.history.com/.../ufo-sightings-renaissance-artist.

Overview of UFO art from different cultures
www.in5d.com...

This may sound crazy but I think the North Star might be some kind of spaceship because it doesn't twinkle like other stars do.

What say you, ATS?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
S n F

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

LABTECH767

Then there are things like this thousands of years old that is essentially a damaged plaster model of a man in a space plane with the tail plane and wings missing but the three rockets recognizable thousands of years old and from the Turkish museum.

As for the remains while I believe it to be a possability though perhaps that may clash with my religious belief then any remains would be found on the moon as if those on earth were destroyed through natural process then it must have been a very long time ago indeed but what if the process of destruction was not natural but he earth was litteraly cleaned up.

You might see that as a space ship, but it all depends on your point of view:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

paranormal78 If you think about how modern space programs build ships there would be little evidence of it after a few thousand years.

Now wait a minute. Think about all the infrastructure and technology necessary to build just, say, a helicopter.

You'd need steel blast forges, foundries, industrialized mines, chemical refineries, transport and storage infrastructure, and that's just for the raw material. You would also need at the bare minimum all the electrical generation and distribution systems (power plants (which means a corresponding fuel source like a coal mine or dam), cabling) and factories, and some means to refine aluminum (en.wikipedia.org...). And I'm probably leaving a whole lot out.

Sure, the spacecraft wouldn't survive to the present era, but there would have to be tons of evidence of industrial society left over at that point.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

paranormal78
Yes this is about the ancient astronaut theory and why I think could be possible. If you think about it, there is allot of evidence in archeology records of alien visitation or maybe even ancient space programs. The reason many people have a hard time believing in ancient people using spacecraft is because there arent any anymore. If you think about how modern space programs build ships there would be little evidence of it after a few thousand years.

All the stuff we've left on the moon would still be available to be found by any future Earth civilization in a million years because there is pretty much no atmosphere there.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

LABTECH767

Plaster decorative architectural cornerpiece laid on its side.

You've been had.

Harte.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Woodcarver

Has anyone here read "the lost book of enki"
By Zecharia Zitchin? Or any of his books really?

I take it all with a grain of salt as i know he makes a lot of mistakes but overall i dont think his shortcomings take too much away from his translations and i think it is a pretty fair interpretation of the ancient writings.

No ancient "Book of Enki" exists. Even Sitchin admits this - his book is a platform for his stupid fraudulent ideas and nothing else.

Sitchin never translated a single thing from cuneiform and never made any outright claim that he could do so.

His shortcomings may not "take away from" his thesis according to you, but can we say the same thing about his outright lies?

Harte

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Sitchins book is called "the lost book of enki"
However it is taken from the ancient texts from the 7 tablets of creation also known as "the enuma elish".

It is a very real document which has been translated into many languages and has helped decipher the cuneiform writings.

edit on 4-1-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join