It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul to Lead Class-Action Lawsuit Against Obama, NSA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Rand Paul to Lead Class-Action Lawsuit Against Obama over NSA Spying

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is leading a class-action lawsuit with hundreds of thousands of Americans against President Barack Obama’s National Security Agency (NSA) over its spying on the American people, Breitbart News has learned.

Sen. Paul will be discussing the lawsuit in an exclusive appearance on Fox News with host Eric Bolling at 10 PM ET on Friday. Breitbart News has learned that Paul will file the class action lawsuit soon in the D.C. District Court and that he will be filing it as an individual, not as a U.S. Senator. For a U.S. Senator to file a such a class action lawsuit against the President of the United States would be extremely rare.

I am sure this lawsuit will fail, but I am glad it will bring more attention to the NSA and their unconstitutional spying antics.

The article also references the two recent, conflicting rulings by judges regarding the NSA.

The class action suit from Sen. Paul against the president comes on the heels of two different conflicting court rulings in individual suits against the NSA, with one court ruling that the NSA was within its bounds to spy on Americans shortly after a different court ruled the NSA’s actions were unconstitutional. The conflicting decisions all but guarantee an eventual Supreme Court-level case on the matter.

These judges couldn't be more diametrically opposed.

Will this new lawsuit achieve anything?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

Interesting..

Does anyone know if he is pushing any legislative action (impeachment / censure / etc)?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

It will achieve more to say how much of a coat tail rider Rand Paul is. He, like many other politicians, couldn't win in their own districts and set up shop elsewhere, just like the "evil" Hillary Clinton. They are all the same. Rotten to the core. How many times has Rand towed the Republican line and not followed in his father's " Dr. No" footsteps now?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Also, for a party that wants supposedly as little wasteful spending as possible...HOW MUCH MONEY AND RESOURCES OF FEDERAL COURT TAXPAYER DOLLARS WILL THIS BS LAWSUIT USE?

HEY, Look at ME...I am RAND PAUL. And if he says anything about waste...he is a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

It will achieve more to say how much of a coat tail rider Rand Paul is. He, like many other politicians, couldn't win in their own districts and set up shop elsewhere, just like the "evil" Hillary Clinton. They are all the same. Rotten to the core. How many times has Rand towed the Republican line and not followed in his father's " Dr. No" footsteps now?

As far as politicians go, I like Rand Paul. It should be noted that the issue he is trying to tackle with this lawsuit is really not a partisan issue.

He is not towing any party line with this one. This move is more libertarian, like Pops Paul. He could just lay down and die like the rest of the losers we have in Congress. At least he's trying to do something for freedom, even if it won't really change anything.

Maybe Rand is planning a run for the Presidency in 2016 and this is just a way to get more attention and make it look like he's on the side of the American people. I don't know.

edit on 1/3/2014 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I hope that he, as an individual, and those other plaintiffs, are footing everything (on their end) out of pocket.

From beginning to end.

As for the other end, how much is this going to cost us taxpayers?

Yet I certainly WOULD fund a case against the NSA and all its BS, I simply wonder how frivolous this suit is.

And what it will do, if anything.

I'm neither a fan of Rand nor the NSA, so I wonder how much of a stunt this is, and how truly "sincere" he is, since he is in fact a politician.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Well good for Rand. He voted against reupping FISA, but I get the feeling he is less genuine than he seems about this NSA biz; more of a 2016 calling card issue for nomination. I do find it funny that when FISA and the Protect America Act was being passed under the "let's all get on board with Bush" folks, that the people opposed to granting those types of powers, Pelosi, Obama, Clinton, were being harangued by the Republicans for not being patriots and "protecting" Americans. The Repubs got what they wanted and now are blaming it on the Dems. You've got to hand it to 'em, they are good at politics, but alas (much like all politicians), suck at governing.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

the owlbear
Also, for a party that wants supposedly as little wasteful spending as possible...HOW MUCH MONEY AND RESOURCES OF FEDERAL COURT TAXPAYER DOLLARS WILL THIS BS LAWSUIT USE?

HEY, Look at ME...I am RAND PAUL. And if he says anything about waste...he is a hypocrite.

No worries... We can use all the money we saved with Obamacare, Benghazi, Fast N Furious.. You know, all billion dollar boondoggles with criminal wrongdoing that was never investigated.

Since they aren't using the finds to investigate those crimes, we might as well use it for this latest action against the administration.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just a thought:

Most of us in my generation grew up believing in just laws (yep there were a few that were terrible but we always felt they would be challenged and changed) through the court.

Now it would appear that if the pesky constitution gets in the way, or some law on the books goes against a PTB grand plan they just write a new exception to the law. Those who write the laws just so happen to be in charge of how things are supposed work.... Works great as long as the laws are constitutional and for the benefit of the country and it's people.... The law breakers in government or Civil Society that go unpunished are a cancer on they entire process that left unexcised will rot the entire faith in the institution. I believe in blind justice, equal for all, which IMO we no longer have.

There seems to be a disconnect between what is good for the country and what is good for the people as evidenced by many threads and news stories we all read on a daily/weekly basis.

Constitution free zones are just one small example (along with many others) of the protection for the people given in the Constitution being eroded....

The very body that was supposed to protect the framework of our written Constitution has been corrupted by political decisions made by the Supreme Court... It is/was our last line of defense against mob mentality or wrong doing by any branch of government. Now IMO it is becoming just another political hack organization that supports whoever is elected into office by issuing decisions that to most Americans would see as grey to say the least. .

Poorly written and very generalized but like I said, just some thoughts this morning on the political process we find ourselves faced with in the states..
edit on 3-1-2014 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Hmmm...
Just in time for campaigning season.
Whouda thunk.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

the owlbear

So in your opinion stopping the NSA from eavesdropping on the whole country is a frivolous lawsuit, or were you just taking a whack at Republicans to show off to all your pajama pals at Starbucks? LOL!

(post by pelinvaihtaja removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Good on Rand Paul, chip off the old block.

He stood up against the NDAA, SOPA, US drone strikes and now this.

But I just dont think this is going to be resolved in our politically influenced court system. So far we have a judge ruling in favor of and one against.

IMHO, the insanity on the federal level will have to be undone by a Ron Paul type President.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980

Will this new lawsuit achieve anything?

No it won't. This should be obvious by now. Rand Paul is controlled opposition.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Quit it. Rand Paul is not controlled by no one. This has nothing to do with gaining attention. This has everything to do with preserving our rights.

Its funny how Rand was once considered against his Father, and now that we walk this slippery slope he is now more like his father.

He has made "considerate" choices in the past and now that he may "get it" like his Father once die, he understands completely. There is a (R) Congressman who had a interview recently (I was going to start my own thread on it but apparently I cant) who says Rand doesn't deserve to be in the Senate because of what he did. You Sir, don't belong in Congress for the crap that you have done. Dont be so willing to judge when you have not been judged.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Rand Paul = Joke. Who's he going to plagiarize this time? I guess anything to distract from his incompetence, right? I really hope this clown runs for the Presidency in 2016, just for the laughs. How this guy has ANY followers is beyond me. Rave on you misguided vote wasters!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Xcathdra

Interesting..

Does anyone know if he is pushing any legislative action (impeachment / censure / etc)?

Ummm.......Hope and change

Gotta love it.................It's probably just another dog and pony (or is that Elephant and Jackass) show. but if we click our heals together three times........perhaps we COULD really be in Kansas.

I got all emotionally invested in his pops prez campaign....I'm afraid the apple fell a trifle far from the tree...unfortunately.

As per your question....I haven't heard any rumors to substantiate, one way or the other.

YouSir

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Good for Rand, I hope he runs in 2016 too. I don't know if I would vote for him but he's putting forward the types of ideas we need to be talking about in the country. He seems to hold a lot of his fathers ideals but he goes about them in a more politically conscious way.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
He should launch a constitutional amendment which outlaws all these practices and identifies them as treason, which is what they are. I think it would pass easily.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I Find it uncomfortable that I'd have to agree , even in part with Rand Paul. But the NSA is out of control. DHS is out of control. The CIA is out of control. For all intents and purposes.. they do what ever they please.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join