It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Second Amendment supporters also support Irans right to protect itself with nuclear weapons?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

tri-lobe-1
Hello....

to the poorly educated,ill informed IRAN HATERS that are posting on this thread.....your yanky ignorance knows no bounds....you really are bottom feeders.....

in 2010 my wife and I travelled to IRAN.....AND WE HAD FANTASTIC TIME....treated like kings and queens..
we saw quite a few western tourists during our travels around Iran.....I can remember at least 2 bus loads of American tourists...enjoying themselves ....having their eyes opened up to a different world...
I'm 100% sure that they left Iran alive and well....

now.... you brain dead ....untraveled morons that are probably flat-out reading a comic book.......
HOW MANY TOURIST ARE KILLED IN America EACH YEAR???????????????....

in my opinion...ATS stands for Americans Talking S#&t and after reading replies to the op's posts I'm more convinced that this is true......you people are your own worst enemy....

the more I read of Americans' opinions of the world and other nations the more I understand the dislike and loathing that the rest of the world has for the usa....

How can we deny ignorance on this website?????....when a lot of posters are ignorant of the world????

I'm sure you saw exactly what they wanted you to see.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeppp

Where have I stated any opinion about Iran other than it hasn't directly attacked anyone for a very long time - certainly longer than France, UK, USA, Russia, China or Israel.
And we won't go down the road about using proxies or subverting legitimate regimes - people in glass houses and all that.

I have absolutely no liking, admiration or anything similar for the Iranian regime and I certainly don't trust them - I'm just pointing out what to me is a certain level of double standards.

The current members of 'The Nuclear Club' have proven they can possess those weapons and not use them, could Iran be expected to do the same?
I don't know - but why not?

Can those double standards be justified?
I'm undecided but certainly no-one has of yet come up with an argument in this thread to make me think it is.

But if Iran ever does gain nuclear weapon capability then they should be made fully aware of their responsibilities and the repercussions of any misuse regardless of how 'minor' or 'insignificant'.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tri-lobe-1

Are you actually going to address the concerns beyond I went traveling in tourist sites and saw what Iran wanted me to see?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by Zeppp

Where have I stated any opinion about Iran other than it hasn't directly attacked anyone for a very long time - certainly longer than France, UK, USA, Russia, China or Israel.
And we won't go down the road about using proxies or subverting legitimate regimes - people in glass houses and all that.

I have absolutely no liking, admiration or anything similar for the Iranian regime and I certainly don't trust them - I'm just pointing out what to me is a certain level of double standards.

The current members of 'The Nuclear Club' have proven they can possess those weapons and not use them, could Iran be expected to do the same?
I don't know - but why not?

Can those double standards be justified?
I'm undecided but certainly no-one has of yet come up with an argument in this thread to make me think it is.

But if Iran ever does gain nuclear weapon capability then they should be made fully aware of their responsibilities and the repercussions of any misuse regardless of how 'minor' or 'insignificant'.

This is just mental masturbation now. If you think that 14th century a$$ backwards mullahs are reasonable people that have rational minds and deserve nuclear weapons then there is no reason to continue to go round and round with this topic. Have a good day or night whatever the case may be.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

No, i don't.

I also don't agree that Israel, USA, China, Russia, UK, France...and anyone else has the right to bear nuclear armaments.

Nuclear weapons are not used to 'defend oneself', they are used to commit genocide...nobody has the right to commit genocide, so nobody has the right to use nuclear weapons.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hey zeppp and ketsuko....

its more than what you have done...........
I'm replying to your ignorant opinions about Iran....that you would die for visiting this country....

what a way to live your lives.....always scared of another culture....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

In an ideal world I'd agree wholeheartedly with you....but unfortunately the genie is out the bottle, it's impossible to uninvent something.

Sure as night follows day if all the powers disarmed at some point someone somewhere would obtain one somehow and most likely as not use it for there own advantage and gain.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

ketsuko

IkNOwSTuff

Christian Voice
Iran is not governed by the US constitution. Apples and Oranges, apples and oranges. No they should not have the right to have nuclear weapons.

And this is why the world hates Americans

If Iran were governed by something like the US COTUS, I'd likely feel a lot better about them getting the bomb.

Yeah coz the US constitution has been really good in restraining any excesses or abuses by the American Gov.

Do you guys have some sort of moron factory over there that churns out the people who make these sort of comments?????

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Zeppp

IkNOwSTuff

Christian Voice
Iran is not governed by the US constitution. Apples and Oranges, apples and oranges. No they should not have the right to have nuclear weapons.

Who gives a $hit what this corrupt world thinks?

Thank you for reinforcing my point

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
I do. Of course I believe that Israel has been blowing the threat of Iran out of proportion for a while now. Not to mention, Israel has nukes and if they can keep their itchy finger off of the button, I'm sure Iran can demonstrate the same restraint.

Iran has shown zero to little of the tolerance toward Israel as Israel has had an itchy finger. Iran has the itchy finger.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by beezzer

If that is the basis for your reasoning, then disarm America NOW!

beezzer, we've had this discussion on many an occasion - I have absolutely no desire to disarm America.
The US will do as the US see's fit - as is right.

And I'm certainly not pro-Iranian or an apologist.

I'm merely trying to point out that there is a certain amount of double standards here.

That so many can't, or won't, see that is really quite worrying.

Agreed.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by Zeppp

Really? That still doesn't mean that they DONT attempt to subvert openly, conjure discontent and racism ect ect.

As well Iran hasn't been able to wage a war on anyone for many centuries until late unpleasentries with Iraq. Iraq wasn't able until recently as well. Look what they did once up and running.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Bassago

beezzer

Two men walk into a gun shop.

One man, want's the weapon for protection.

The other person, wants the weapon to kill a Jewish guy.

Do you sell the weapons to both men?

Two countries walk into a nuclear weapons factory.

One country, want's the weapons for "protection."

The other country, wants the weapons because of the crazy nuclear neighbor next door.

Do you sell the weapons to both countries?

Answer: Yes, they both want them for the same reason.

On occasion I have my ass handed to me when I post (what I think) is a thought provoking question. This is one of those times.

And SnF For making me think!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

tri-lobe-1
Hey zeppp and ketsuko....

its more than what you have done...........
I'm replying to your ignorant opinions about Iran....that you would die for visiting this country....

what a way to live your lives.....always scared of another culture....

Really? Where did I say that I would die for visiting the country of Iran?

I do not think you are reading what I am reading.

I did say that the leadership of Iran has a history of making inflammatory and genocidal statements which makes me wonder how trustworthy they would be to not use a nuclear weapon. That doesn't exactly equate to me dying if I went there.

But go ahead and keep making things up.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

MysterX

No, i don't.

I also don't agree that Israel, USA, China, Russia, UK, France...and anyone else has the right to bear nuclear armaments.

Nuclear weapons are not used to 'defend oneself', they are used to commit genocide...nobody has the right to commit genocide, so nobody has the right to use nuclear weapons.

Well that's a given. It's too bad that the genie got let out of the bottle in the first place.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

ketsuko

IkNOwSTuff

Christian Voice

If Iran were governed by something like the US COTUS, I'd likely feel a lot better about them getting the bomb.

Yeah coz the US constitution has been really good in restraining any excesses or abuses by the American Gov.

Do you guys have some sort of moron factory over there that churns out the people who make these sort of comments?????

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

One thing it does is make it harder for just one person to push the button. Heck, even the Soviets had a system that made it harder for just one person to push the button. That's ideally what you want - a system that makes it hard for just one person to up and push the button.

Again, there is a difference between conventional conflict and a nuclear one. We can argue about the various conventional conflicts going on and the rights or wrongs of those, but they are on and entirely different level than a nuclear conflict.

However, moronic you may think I am, you should be able to recognize that for the most part the threat of actual nuclear confrontation has been very, very rare in this world since everyone got an actual look at what we were really dealing with in the atomic bomb in practice; it's just too bad that we had to really see it in practice to get the picture that they are monstrous and shouldn't be used.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by MysterX

In an ideal world I'd agree wholeheartedly with you....but unfortunately the genie is out the bottle, it's impossible to uninvent something.

Sure as night follows day if all the powers disarmed at some point someone somewhere would obtain one somehow and most likely as not use it for there own advantage and gain.

True, which is more the pity that billions and billions are not spent on anti-nuclear weapons, instead of nuclear weapons themselves isn't it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Its human nature to have to actually see something to believe it.

I understand why atomic bombs were used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and in a perverse sort of way I'm glad they were.

Once invented it was inevitable that at some point someone would have used a nuclear weapon in anger.
If it had even been 10 years later than 1945 then the destruction would have been far, far worse as thons were far, far more powerful.
How many would have died?

A truly horrific lesson has been learnt.

I lived during part of The Cold War.
At the time I was a supporter of The Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament - I now believe it was the knowledge and reality of MAD that prevented war between the Superpowers.

The world isn't quite as simple or clear nowadays - nothing is black and white. (To be fair nothing probably ever was).

If I was Iranian I'd probably be scared witless that someone was going to invade or nuke my country.
Would I feel any safer if my country had an independent nuclear weapon system?
Probably - wouldn't you if you were in their position?

How safe would I feel if I was an Israeli if Iran had the bomb?
Probably not very safe at all.

The point of this thread was to make people think and try to view something from the opposite point of view from which they would normally do - something far too few people seem capable of even being willing to try to do.

Yes, The Second Amendment and Iran's alleged desire to have nuclear weapons are completely different issues but there is an underlying principle that applies to both.

Nothing is black and white.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hey Ketsuko
I apologize for mixing up your posts with another....my bad...its so easy when there's a lot of hate for Iran coming out of one country....

now to talk about making things up.....you should be aware that the comment....to wipe Israel off the map....attributed to ex president Ahmandinejad.....was a deliberate mistranslation by the American media to add fuel to the Iran hateing fever that the us government loves to perpetuate....

it was discussed at great lengths on this website at the time.....and ill-informed americans keep repeating that media lie....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I certaintly support Irans right to defend itself, with necular arms if necessary. If Israel claims this right which is supported by most goverments in the world, so Iran has the same rights

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join