It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA isn’t content with current spying powers, wants quantum computer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
They already have it, and can crack any encryption in minutes or a few hours at most now.

In my opinion, of course.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

SynchronousSnake

Aliensun
reply to post by SLAYER69

I suspect that this is pure PR from the NSA and they already have such devices. It would explain how they are so data thirsty and how they current can integrate it into a single, massive program with multiple side draws on every topic of human activities.

We need to rethink this NSA business that we think we know. It isn't just the tool of a US intel agency, it has got to be an aspect of the NWO. There will be multiple partners in this affair, most of whom have publically complained about our shenanigans while being important cogs in the big wheel. Just as the US and allies are the world's police force today, so too will that cooperation will exist to a wide-spread umbrella of intel activities around the world.

Who's really the ones in control and handing out tech candy? My bet is the ETs in the UFOs.
(OK, so I lost some of you with that bit of forward thinking, but that prospect fits the data.)

agreed. I was just discussing this with a colleague of mine and it's the only logical conclusion I or He could come up with. they already have this.

considering most of the released docs by Snowden are rather dated in my opinion I would surmise this Computer is already in operation for at least a couple years.
edit on 3-1-2014 by SynchronousSnake because: (no reason given)

They do already have it, its made by dwave systems. They have built 9 quantum computers that I know of, but have only officially sold 2. It has been strongly suggested the other sales were to the government. It's quite interesting that the design of the quantum computer they are working on is similar to dwaves, which just a few years ago was widely criticized as a non quantum design by stuck up professors who couldn't believe a private company had quantum leaped their progress - pun intended.

I have been following dwave for 5 years, despite what the critics say their computer has produced results to problems no classic machine can match. Google has used it for image recognition algorithms, and is one of the announced purchasers, with lockheed being the other.

In just 3 years they will have the most powerful computer ever created, and since their computing power is growing exponentially they project they will have a computer as powerful as the human mind within 5 years. They are currently working on an artificial intelligence project. I recommend people read their blog hacking the multiverse if you are interested.

edit on 3-1-2014 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Or maybe the way to justify a secret capability you already have as a government entity is to make a case for it now?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

ausername

Or maybe the way to justify a secret capability you already have as a government entity is to make a case for it now?

Absolutely. In my experience, they tend to "announce" what they fear will imminently leak.

The other less used scenarios fall under the a) "test balloon" or b) "how far can we push before something pushes back?" scenarios.

To divulge anything is anathema.

BTW - interesting clock face in your avatar. Speaking IV myself, it's not quite Roman is it?

(post by pelinvaihtaja removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

proximo

They do already have it, its made by dwave systems. They have built 9 quantum computers that I know of, but have only officially sold 2

It's a simulated annealing machine. You can't do Shor's Algorithm on it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Time to start studying up on newtech, then, finding out the capabilities and operational parameters of the new systems, and ways to defeat them.

No tech has ever been fielded that cannot be broken, and conversely no tech has ever been fielded that cannot be defeated. it's just a matter of knowing how it works intimately enough to know where to throw the sand and wrenches to gum it up... and that is not always the most obvious place, the place where commoners throw sand and wrenches.

Don't be common. Step outside the box and look around.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

beezzer

What the heck!

We have run-away government already!

Now they need to do digital prostate exams?

And only in the Amerikan Federal Empire are you free to have one, even if they have to strap you down to administer it.

It's for your own good, you know...

Just relax. They say it's less painful if you're relaxed...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well I thought this was an interesting story. thanks for everyone's replies.

next?

edit on 4-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'm not convinced that the existing "quantum computer" that the NSA already has is the "quantum computer" they desire any more than the Commodore 64 is the ultimate gaming PC. It may be a prototype or an object for study, but the fact that the current "quantum computers" are "really fast" doesn't seem to me what they are after. That's just a "super POTS" approach.

It's not just speed they are after. It's a whole new way of doing things. And that's going to take some pretty innovative programming. Indeed, my guess is that they are going for AI and hoping the computer can help program itself. Whether this turns into a Forbin Project or something totally unexpected remains to be seen. But either way I'll bet the new machine will be demanding citizenship before the decade is out.
edit on 1/4/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

i'm afraid that if we don't change our direction, we
are going end up exactly where we are heading.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

beezzer

Now they need to do digital prostate exams?

Starred just for that.

Made me snort my beer a bit though.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'll hook one up to the internet and have it anaylse us so I at least would be accepted as a visionary specimen.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

How about already has developed - wants to implement on a large scale in utah and is really p****d off about a guy who outed them using their prototype to crack hi level encryption

top topics

<< 1   >>

join