It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tepco Quietly Admits Reactor 3 Could Be Melting Down Now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Summations from experts conclude that this may “be the beginning of a ‘spent fuel pool criticality (meltdown)’ involving up to 89 TONS of nuclear fuel burning up into the atmosphere and heading to North America.” - See more at: www.occupycorporatism.com...

Tepco Quietly Admits Reactor 3 Could Be Melting Down Now

Ok, folks. You know I don't go for fear mongering and I hate people jumping the gun. But this is bad. Very bad. And it could very, very quickly get worse. As in "Change Earth forever" worse. People are right now, and reasonably so, speaking about a total west coast evacuation. Fukushima may at any time now become a worldwide disaster the likes of which we have never seen and which we have no hopes of containing. I don't know what can or should be done, but here it is.
edit on 3-1-2014 by jaffo because: Grammar correction

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Been posted about at least a few times already...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

This headline needs to stay at the top of the pile. If Fuku goes "off" we are all gonna die horrible deaths, eventually. Radiation poisoning is not a fun way to go.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Wow the revenge of Japan. We nuke them and then "Fuku - shima" nukes everybody.

How ironic?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Vasa Croe
Been posted about at least a few times already...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks much and my bad. First time posting a thread, lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

justreleased
reply to post by jaffo

Wow the revenge of Japan. We nuke them and then "Fuku - shima" nukes everybody.

How ironic?

Lol, for sure. Although Japan earned their nukings.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

I have been watching Fuku carefully since it happened. I am actually surprised that it has not blown yet. The big question has been about the water table. If the Corium cores makes it to open water it will blow like nothing we have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

What are we talking about here?

How bad?

edit on 3-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Absolutely. And the sad part? There IS NO HAPPY ENDING TO THIS. Best case scenario is that we "contain" it before another quake occurs and put the waste and debris "somewhere" it won't be disturbed for a loooooong time. A more realistic outcome is another earthquake in the next few years opens the whole thing and the Earth lives with a festering, raging, completely open nuclear fire for the next thousand years. All of our priorities could very quickly change in the next year, people.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Mamatus

What are we talking about here?

How bad?

We're talking about 89 tons of raw, uncovered, unshielded top grade nuclear fuel raging as an open fire for decades and maybe centuries to come. No BS.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I've paid little attention. It's posts / threads like this that keep people like me informed.

Sometimes I joke out of fear. (I'm crazy)

I appreciate the update.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

Ok. Not good.

But (allow me to play devil's advocate) wouldn't they anticipate that and have materials or contingency plans to insure that it doesn't happen?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

I know it's Wiki, but here is some info on what happens when Corium gets out...

en.wikipedia.org...(nuclear_reactor)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by jaffo

Ok. Not good.

But (allow me to play devil's advocate) wouldn't they anticipate that and have materials or contingency plans to insure that it doesn't happen?

In all seriousness, there are no plans for something like this. None. This is the sort of thing that nuclear engineers would laugh about when brainstorming and throw their hands up, saying "Well in that case we are SOL, ha ha!" Not at all kidding. This is an event the likes of which no one ever expected and for which no one could plan effectively. No one has any idea how to remedy this. None at all. I have long been a fan of nuclear power but I also understand that it is fraught with danger if not handled properly. It is clear now that japan never should have built this reactor in this location. They are genuinely as close to powerless against this as one could be. It would not surprise me if Japan is vacant ten years from now.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm no expert but I don't think anybody knows.

It's kinda like a child playing with matches who burns the house down. We are a 'child' who played with matches.....

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It's ominous, but I'll wait until I get some named experts to contribute to the story until I go running for the hills.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So if there was some type of mass evac of japan officials and essential personal, would that be something that would be seen? Or would they be able to do that in secrecy, via underground tunnels ect?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, thank you all for that somber piece of information.

*crap*

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I know this has obvious worldwide implications, but in all seriousness how will this affect the populace in Japan over the next decade? And as serious as the situation is; why are people still living there?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

ketsuko
It's ominous, but I'll wait until I get some named experts to contribute to the story until I go running for the hills.

Right.

How many comets, asteroids, volcanoes, earthquakes, wars, etc..... failed to kill us.

(knock on wood).

<<   2  3  4 >>

join