It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 for 16 - The 16 Most Talked About GOP'ers for 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
What a list.

God help us all.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

FlyersFan

the owlbear
Why are people even putting Ted Cruz's name out there? His dad was a Cuban and he was physically born on Canadian soil.

I think those are non issues.
If the dems bring it up, then the other side will bring up Obama's similar 'issues' ...
Obama's father was Kenyan and there is a question about where Obama was born. (YES there is)
That didn't bother the majority of American voters.
Ted Cruz is a 'natural born US citizen'.

So, what's the beef with where Nobarry Obmomster was hatched? His mom was from Kansas. Therefore, all the tail-chasing and money thrown at the birther thing was irrelevant if Cruz is "Natural".

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think your underestimating Marco Rubio actually, political views aside, he has a few staplemarks for winning. handsome, seemingly earnest, decent speaker, minority, and young. That would certainly get the low informed women voters. he has enough angry old man views to get the older votes, he could actually give a good run.

I suspect he will make big headways when he runs...for better or worse

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

muse7

FlyersFan

muse7
I don't think the GOP will win another presidential election in our lifetime.

I'm sure that's a fantasy of all hard core left wingers, but the truth is that there isn't much difference between the Dems and the Republicans these days. Obama and Bush43??? Nearly twins separated at birth.

The Republicans might be able to win the house due to all the gerrymandering but the white house? not a chance if the demographics keep going the way they are going.

Do you realize that just a couple of months ago, polls were released that showed if the election were held now between Romney and Obama, Romney would win. Obama is very much disliked and nothing is going to change between now and the next election. The truth of it is, the folks have had enough of democrats after this last 8 years. I don't think Billary stands a chance against any of those Republicans, thanks to Obama.

Oh yeah...my choice - Scott Walker. He's done wonders here in WI. America needs someone like him who will stand up to those responsible for destroying this country.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

If the demographics keep going the way they're going the US will look a lot like that movie Elysium.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

FlyersFan

muse7
I don't think the GOP will win another presidential election in our lifetime.

I'm sure that's a fantasy of all hard core left wingers, but the truth is that there isn't much difference between the Dems and the Republicans these days. Obama and Bush43??? Nearly twins separated at birth.

^quoted for truth. W & Obammy are twins, minus the skin tone. I never understood why there's the hatred of Obammy, beyond his skin tone I mean as the policies are unchanged.

That said, the GOP will continue to eat their best chances in the primaries. When you look at the utter dross that floated to the top at the start of the GOP primaries you see how their best chances are flushed far too soon.

C'mon Perry, Santorum, Bachman all were "players" and they were less electable than Sam L Jackson as the head of the KKK.

Derek

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Jeb Bush would make a good president. Look at his track record in Florida. He's probably the most qualified and most savvy Bush.

I'll vote for the GOP candidate unless it's a RINO like Chris Christie. The GOP has a chance here to return to conservatism and stop the progression of the party to the left, Christie is the walking embodiment of a marginalized, liberal Republican, representing everything that is wrong with the modern GOP. If they run a RINO, I'll write in "Hugh Janus" just like I did 5 years ago when McCain had the nomination.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well the GOP is in for a fight if Hillary runs.

In my opinion, there isn't anyone as qualified to be president than her. First Lady, Senator, Sec. of State ...

However, due to Obamacare the GOP is in a unique position to get some votes.

I'll end up voting for some 3rd party probably. I voted Garry Johnson last time, so don't blame!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If you want to look at some real talent without quite so much of the big-corporate baggage/backing, look to the third party candidates:

Gary Johnson

Rocky Anderson

Jill Stein

and, what the hell: Jesse Ventura

As to the others, a Bush on the ticket being the kiss of death is a given, for more than the obvious electability reasons - I'm convinced Bush Sr tried to have Reagan offed, at least it was the son of his biggest campaign contributor who just happened to be crazy, have a gun handy and know where Reagan was going to be that day.

And Americans will never vote for a Chris Christie; he's a heart attack waiting to happen and they're too fat-averse. And Christie hasn't exactly got a reputation as being a nice guy or a deep thinker.

The rest of the people on that list are a joke for one reason or another. I'm surprised you didn't bring up the joys of the campaign season last time, what with Bachmann, Palin, Trump and that pizza guy.

I admit to being a political junkie but it's mostly for the laughs, to prevent from sobbing in disgust and loathing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join