It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Heard Of B.A.C.A.? Bikers Against Child Abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I just learned of this group last night on the world news.
News article

I was fascinated by the story, because of all the bad things you normally hear about biker "gangs". Hubby and I ride, with a group, not a gang. As it seems that this is a "group" as well.
So I went and did some digging on them. They really have been doing good for children, not just here in the US, but in several other countries as well.
It seems to be a member, you are well vetted, including a background check, and have to receive some training.

They don't appear to actually be confrontational with the abuser, just security and comfort for the victim, and a "show of force" if you will.

Honestly, I think this is a very nice idea, and anything to help the victim of abuse, by building their self confidence, and helping them over come their fear, is a great thing.
B.A.C.A. Website

They are in most states here in the US, but unfortunately not mine.

Have you heard of them? What do you think?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

were they the guys in bad Grampa? pretty kickass , you can see in the film that the windup was on the verge of some serious violence, fair enough for them because in the film the kids real dad was an obnoxious **** , and was being so right in there faces with the kid right there ,which they eventually relieved him of.

great film that. really shines a spotlight on some of the crazier psychosis doing the rounds in America

funBox
edit on 3-1-2014 by funbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Haven't seen that movie, so I'm not sure. Usually wait for the DVD to come out. I didn't see anything on their website about it, but I could have missed it.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

after a quick check of the film , they where a biker organisation called the 'guardians of children' seems like some seeding from the jackass crew for ,hmm the sort of mindsets that enjoy their approach...training?

funBox

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Yeah, maybe they had heard of the group and used them for "inspiration" for those characters?

LOL I guess this thread isn't as interesting as all the bad in the world huh?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I've had a read and a looksee at their web site...conclusion...more Children's Angels than Hell's Angels...but woe betide any abuser who crosses their path....good for them!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

That's what I thought too!
It says they are very careful about being non-confrontational with the abuser, but I'm not sure how crazy the person would have to be to try something, when there are 6 people dressed in "biker" gear, playing with their child in the yard.

Just plain ole' intimidation factor, for the right reasons.
edit on 3-1-2014 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Aha! Here's a Brit guy doing the same up Manchester way....
www.roughleysbikeshow.com...#!press/ctuw

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There's a local talker who has them on semi-regularly to talk about all they do. They are quite interesting. They only come in at the invitation of the family, and they only stay if the child wants them to. The kid gets a biker name, goes on rides, and to events with other BACA kids, and they will perform functions more or less for support. They will show up and sit in court, camp outside if there is a disruptive element who tends to show up and terrorize the family, etc. But, they are completely non-confrontational. They won't get physical or anything like that.

They're basically really cool.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
My husband and I ride - not with a "group" just with friends. We went a BACA event here. A psych facility for really seriously abused kids. We went for Christmas. There was big meeting ahead of time to let us know what to expect and what was expected of us.

It was a really great thing to do and the kids seem to really appreciate it. It was also a little scary because of the facility and what some of the kids had done. No kid was allowed to be by themselves without a counselor/employee of the facility.

They do very good work in an area that is truly under served by groups that work for charity. You hear alot about it but not too many events are held, at least around here, for abused kids.

top topics

join