It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so many ads for guests on ATS..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
i tried logging out and seeing what ATS looks like to the guest/non member, and i was astonished to see adds everywhere, all down the right side, in between almost every post, adds when you scroll down where the audio suddenly comes on and you don't know where the disembodied voice that's trying to sell you Lysol Spray is coming from so you have to scroll back up to turn it off, if you can find it.

it does seem very user friendly unless you're logged in as a member.

i understand that the site needs to make money, but it's getting a little much, isn't it?

is it really all about traffic and add dollars and nothing more?

it was a very discouraging experience.

Try it, log out, clear your cookies and then come back and explore the site.

What do you think'?

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 3-1-2014 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

It's' actually against the T and C to have adblockers on. And I actually read them all the other day, it took over an hour. In my defense, it was New Year's Day.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

signalfire

It's' actually against the T and C to have adblockers on. And I actually read them all the other day, it took over an hour. In my defense, it was New Year's Day.

lol seriously? you actually read it? Wow... you're the first person I know to have done such a feat!

YOU DESERVE... wow... I dont know... I was never trained for this day!

wow...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I have wondered also why non members cannot see avatars.
With such a wonderfully designed site like this its a shame non members have no idea how great ATS looks.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

dunno but it sure as christ annoys the liven ph..k outa me

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Anytime I send a friend a link to ATS, or tell them about it, I strongly suggest that they sign up as a member even if they never write a post, for the very reasons you mention. Looking at ATS without membership status is, to me, horrible (I don't watch ads on TV if I can help it, although I do make a point of watching the Super Bowl ads and every year it seems I come away with 10 less I.Q. points). It always surprises me when I read the new intro threads and someone says they've "lurked for three years" or so without signing up, it's like coming in to a new home in comparison.

I know money is needed, and ads are one way to do it, but to keep intelligent readers coming back (emphasis on the word "intelligent" - those most likely to run away immediately from that initial viewing) and eventually joining and adding to the discussions here, a little less distraction may go a long way in ATS getting more people like Phage (hmmmm, well, on the other hand....).

(post by ExoPatriotico removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
ok- for everyone in this thread - 2 questions :

1 - how much does ATS cost to run ?

2 -how much do you pay ?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It is called AdSense and it brings adds up for you according to your searches on Google.

Adds are not managed by the local forum but rather the algorithms you are cruising through on the net.

Are you sure that you haven t looked up in the near and quite distant past for vacations on the cheap by sharing a house as a tourist with locals of the places you wanted to visit????

Ahhhh, crisis has gone into the skin of a few and an industry has emerged out of it. So much so that you are not alone but rather part of a group that this all is based upon!

Good morning to your new vision of reality where facts linked together bring out a lot about you and the way things work.

I could go on for a while but i will rather keep the polite side of things since this reply is already too much a shock to you.

Will be happy to get a private message on your emotional renaissance. Any reply here i will unfortunately not follow since this thread is now dead for me after i have given a complete answer to your question.

Farewell and keep safe and careful about your web searches. Remember, all is digital and lives forever at the sheer disposal of TPTB.

Regards.
George

new topics

top topics

join