It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BasketBrawl: Fans and players collide in Detroit!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Absolutely the worst fight I've seen in American pro sports. Bottle throwing! Drunkenese!

Gotta love this stuff. Links coming soon...

[edit]Damn. These guys stole my word...

espn.go.com...

[edit on 20-11-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yeah I watched the game on TV here. I'm mad that I got too lazy to hook my new DVR box up before the game. I didn't want to miss a minute while messing with the box. Now I am kicking myself. lol. It was disgusting. And as a Pacer fan I am as upset with the team as I am with the Piston fans. This team had everything going for it. It just handed Detroit a solid beating and then they react like this. There are going to be more suspensions in the number of games than I have ever seen. But how in the world do you punish the Piston fans? I'm thinking make them either play the next home game in an empty arena or make them forfeit their next game. That should be the penalty for the Pistons because of their fans. And for the Pacers it will be in the form of many games on suspension. Probably the only plus is right now the most the Pacers will lose at any one time is two players because they are already down to 10 players and the league won't take them below 8. But this may result in the suspensions dragging out for a long time.

Just a bad day for the NBA.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Four players... Artest, Jackson and Oneal for the Pacers and B. Wallace for the Pistons have been suspended indefinately. Once all the video is reviewed it wouldn't be a shock to me to see other players get suspended for a game or two for things like leaving the bench, etc.

Sad day for basketball.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Brawl!! ....Link

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Is there any truth to the rumor that McLeod the Pistons play by play guy has inside information about the suspensions? I have seen stated that he is claiming that Wallace will get 5 games, Artest 30, Oneal and Jackson 20 each. I can see them going really high knowing the number would be appealed and that the days would likely be cut in half on appeal. And I think 15 for Artest and 10 for Jackson and Oneal would be fair numbers.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Here is an AVI capture of the fight.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well the penalties have been issued and it was severe. Artest is out for the year, Jackson for 30 games, Oneal for 25 and Wallace for 6. NBA basically said its ok for fans to abuse players. Well Stern the gloves are off.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Personally, I feel the suspensions were just. Although, the fans that ran out on the court and purposely involved themselves should have been arrested and probably banned from the arena for life.

The whole thing was a disgrace. These guys make so much money and act like they can do whatever they want. I think it should be stopped immediately or it will just continue to get worse.

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by aimlessly]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I feel Artest Knew what he was doing, The week before he asked for time off so he could promote his Rap album.

It was the fans fault, sports teams have pact mentalty. It was ugly, the pacer boys are young, like 18, 19, 20... You cant take everyone that comes from the hood and turn them into a role model.

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I watched it... damn hilarious that stupid artest .... Everything would of been fine, they could of went home winners, but no, he had to push wallace, and yep, wallace had to push back because it was uncalled for...

whoever threw the pop or beer at artest when he was lying down on the scoretable wasn't cool... funny, but not cool...

Artest shouldn't have been lying on the scoretable, why the hell would he go lie down after he pushes wallace?? some coach said he shouldn't have been outside the boundaries like the table because nothing good ever happens when you step outside the boundaries.. and he's right...

artest got his ass handed to him and that makes me #ing peachy.
o'neil too... beating up fans just isn't cool.... and you know what.. if the fans are throwing popcorn at em and dumping pop let em... because they are the ones who flew into the crowd and started throwing punches before they even knew who threw the pop at him when he was on the table...

what do they expect??? should the fans just stand there and hope that when he comes roaring into the stands that nothing will happen?? please... spare me the illogical expectation. of course # will hit the fan... fans are riled up throughout the game, civility doesn't exist in a stadium full of hyped of souls.

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thats the reply I expected from you. All of it s funny, Im glad the you see it so funny.

new topics

top topics

join