It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Mermaid thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

that program is fiction...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Now I don't know about the aquatic ape theory, but I do know that there are legends of sea dwelling extra terrestrials that have come to Earth in the distant past. Maybe they had a colony here or something to that effect. Look up Oanes and that will give you some insight into what I'm saying.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Now Mer-folk could've attacked the BP oil rig and sabotaged it. But I highly doubt they would pollute their own living territories. But that's only if I believed in such conspiracy theories.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I have to tell you Akragon, before seeing the show on Discovery last night? I would have laughed my tail off and wondered about your sanity in the true sense.....and I almost shut off the show, since I hadn't turned on the TV for that but my program ended and it ran over into the Mermaid show.

Now? Well... Holy Excrement! I think there may actually be a very fair chance of it. It took a show presenting it in a slow, methodical and serious way to see a line for moving past the giggle and ridicule factor on this. It's not easy, indeed.

However, given the timeline on the show which aired last night, it's not THAT hard to see the evolution over millions of years from Ape to aquatic primate. It's hard to understand why we haven't seen any evidence ...but then, it seems we have. The stories of barbs, hooks and spears into fish that had no man for a thousand miles any direction for explanation...are awfully hard to take as anything but what they suggest. Especially, when these run back (with pictures) well before the current age.

---

I don't know what show you'd seen precisely, as even what I watched apparently has had two distinct versions shown for additional information put in...but the one I was watching focused as much on the Bloop signal as anything. What the hell *IS* that??? The Washington State beachings where the first mermaid body was discussed also happened to have a NOAA buoy nearby to record the whole acoustic event leading tot he beachings and they showed it on the flowing sonar display. You could clearly see/hear what they refer to as "Priming the Sonar Weapon" and then.... *WHAM*... SOMETHING pulsed hard enough, well, to literally destroy what was inside the impact zone by forensics on the beaches animals ..but had the whole ocean talking in a way I've never...ever..heard before. Like they noted.. THOUSANDS of individual "voices" of marine life being picked up in cross communication. WOW! ... Unfortunately, it was in the midst of many of them dying...which made it horrible to hear, too..

Yet.. the Bloop... there it was alright. The same damn thing heard over 5,000 kilometers away from point of believed origin when it was first detected. Could it be these aquatic apes, as I'd actually heard this new potential life referred to as opposed to mythical mermaids...or something else?

What ever it was, it triggered communication like I've never heard and the scientists watching the stream said the signals they isolated were unknown animals no one had a baseline track on to identify. Very complex and multi-layered. Go figure.

** to add to the sense of what we don't know about the ocean... the show before that had been about the Meg Shark, and a team having quite possibly tagged one directly ..and almost died in the process. All filmed. They then watched their probe do a straight down, powered dive beyond 6,500 feet where the probe was destroyed by depth. Whatever they tagged hadn't even slowed down. Who really knows what is out there.
edit on 24-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It was an interesting show... sadly it was a hoax...

Though I still stick to the idea that they just might exist... Theres been hundreds of reported sightings all over the world, and all through out history... and as most people know there is a certain amount of truth behind every myth

Ye just never know whats out there

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

A hoax... I can buy that, but whats the basis? It wasn't presented as pure fantasy and they were listing NOAA people by name and title, as well as others in South African academic and scientific circles. Likewise by name and title.

It's an even bigger story if The Discovery Channel is still running a known hoax to this day ..and with so many fabricators in full color with full identity showing for all to see?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I guess they caught a lot of flack for this show too... a mockumentary

many people thought it was real, including myself lol...

I would assume they still run the show because their rating skyrocketed when they originally showed the movie...

Though they don't give any warning or sign that this isn't a real documentary... which they probably should

Theres just too many hoaxers out there these days, no one knows whats real anymore

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thank you for that.. I'd asked about this in a couple other places as well. I believe I will put some time into looking at this some more and running down some of the names. After all, they are public figures in a broadcast, presented and declared (by them) to be legitimate and real.

The overlap to the Naval sonar issue and the Bloops were really my primary focus anyway, but heck... There have been a few "extinct" or "that doesn't exist" things come out of the sea or be seen on deep cameras in the last 10+ years, so you never know these days, eh?

Thanks for the quick response on this... I may return some day with a real tear up on how a Cable channel runs publicly known hoaxes in serious settings as if to be taken as new science and not comedy. Thats very very uncool of them.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It's fake. Check the ending credits (which are REALLY tiny). There was a lot of backlash about Discovery's airing of the Mermaid stuff as "fact" without actually providing a warning that it's a "docu-drama."

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WCmutant

That's just it... Docu-drama would suggest a real event with liberal creative license taken to be dramatized for TV. What you're both saying is this is outright fabrication. Total fantasy. Nothing real in what they presented or broadcast?

That is a very very big distinction to me..and I'm thinking...big enough to form a rather interesting and in-depth story around. (grin)

Ahh.. yes... One story can indeed lead to something entirely different at times and this may well have handed me something MUCH more interesting than the original lead.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It is slightly upsetting that they actually got away with calling this show an actual documentary for a while...

Though I don't care what anyone says.... that was a pretty awesome movie

real or not... they had me going

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

These were all props for the show. The phenomenon is like big foot sightings, lots of them but no real proof. I grew up on the ocean and have seen some strange things. Once late at night we were floundering and just past the light line something stood half out of the water. Thinking back it was strange. Long stringy kinda braided hair, least I thought it was. We could see the shapes of her breast. There were some strange noises and then it was gone.

We were on a sand bar with a deep cut and then another sandbar where it was. The only way it could go was out into deep water. Not sure if you have been out on a moonless night but it is very dark and very scary. Whatever was there made strange noises and disappeared into the darkness.

It was one of many strange spooky paranormal events i have had along the road that has been my life lol.

Something is out there for sure.

The Bot

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Mermaids: The Body Found
In 2004, when marine biologist Dr Brian McCormick (Sean C. Michael) stumbled across a recording of mysterious underwater sounds, he launched a scientific investigation to uncover the creature responsible. In search of conclusive proof, he and his research team are called out to an unusual whale stranding in South Africa. Here they find the part digested remains of an animal none of them can identify. As each of its body parts is autopsied, they provide new pieces of the puzzle. As the picture builds, McCormick is drawn to an astonishing conclusion: this new marine creature is related to humans. This two-hour special combines beautiful CGI animation, real natural history, a thrilling contemporary conspiracy theory and a race against time to unveil an ancient secret before it's too late. Director: Sid Bennett Writers: Charlie Foley, Sid Bennett (co-written by) Stars: Sean Cameron Michael, Andre Weideman and
reply to post by Akragon

On [ tasex]http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/movies/2011/mermaids%3A_the_body_found.html

Or Was this the movie? I'm sure it is a documentary of a mockermentory on Mermaids or from www.movie25.so... Mermaids: The New Evidence (2013) plot:
A mockumentary examining the startling, never-before-seen video evidence of aquatic hominids that has come forward since the mockumentary MERMAIDS: THE BODY FOUND first aired in 2012, with the original whistleblower on the

They're both mockumentaries
A mockumentary examining the startling, never-before-seen video evidence of aquatic hominids that has come forward since the mockumentary MERMAIDS: THE BODY FOUND first aired in 2012, with the original whistleblower on the Mermaid Conspiracy, Dr. Paul Robertson.

They're both mockumentaries Mermaid Conspiracy, Dr. Paul Robertson.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

People are still entertaining the possibility of mermaids? Really? In this day and age!

Yes these shows were hoaxes, but you shouldn't even need to get that far before the critical thinking part of your brain kicks in. There's no such thing as mermaids people - they make no sense from a biological point of view at all.

Then again, neither do centaurs (i.e they are six limbed with 2 torsos and presumably 2 sets of internal organs for both the man and horse parts) and incredibly people think they might exist too, so... I guess people will believe any old nonsense.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

People have a renewed interest in Satyr's/Fauna, half human, half goat/ram given 2 or 3 countries have been not just in tabloids, but news, news papers, discovery & time. Maybe a documentary. Of men charged with death sentences or just as bad, for producing live offspring, though I think only 1 lived till about 5 years old & the others died in hours or days.

Plausible from recent evidence of some born by ww11 supposedly survived?

Totally can't see the Mermaid being anymore possible than the dead arising as undead living vampires that go poof in sunlight lol! Maybe a reanimation, but the brain functions being capable of anything and soulless? Only a Voodoo/Hoodoo medication has been proven to cause coming to from a long death like comas induced by the med causing most to become mindless worker drones.

There have been claims of a particular type Walrus shedding skin & looking almost human from a distance for like 3 days? & is reported to have a mating cry that drew in seamen of the old old ships.

Still all a stretch but you can find alleged, " Evidence. " Of ALL on YouTube...........

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I totally enjoyed both of the shows they did. While I know quite a bit was cgi, it did really make me think. I too had never heard of the aquatic ape theory before. My arguement would be, why couldn't it be possible? They presented it as a mockumentary, but some of it I thought was not only based on theory but the spears etc. have been legitimately found, and I believe pieces of a body were really discovered, was it not or am I off my rocker?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I totally enjoyed both of the shows they did. While I know quite a bit was cgi, it did really make me think. I too had never heard of the aquatic ape theory before. My arguement would be, why couldn't it be possible? They presented it as a mockumentary, but some of it I thought was not only based on theory but the spears etc. have been legitimately found, and I believe pieces of a body were really discovered, was it not or am I off my rocker?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AkragonThey are real one saved me when the tide pulled me out to sea one popped out of the water it didnt speak but it understood that i was lost and scared and had a puzzled look on its face and pointed me back to shore when i asked "wheres land"
Sucks cuz the navy is hounding anyone who comes near them they wont let the truth get out because supposedly the navy has a sonar weapon that will kill our cousins pretty much military doesnt want to let go of there new toy so a genocide of mermaids wont be a problem

edit on 25-5-2014 by Captobvious94 because: i suck at spelling

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Captobvious94

Why would they need to kill the mermaids? And why does the navy want to kill your cousins?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Who claimed the Navy wanted to kill anything? Floating bodies near their sonar transmitter units isn't helpful and while the Super-Sonar can kill anything near it like being pulverized from the inside out (profound traumatic injury is what it can look like when a biologic target gets blasted within the pulse), that sure isn't the purpose.

The problem I and many have is the true HORROR of collateral damage the sonar pulses from this new system create in an ocean dependent on that same range of sound frequency to live and talk. It's not nefarious intent but reckless negligence for lack of caring which is the issue.

I wish the Navy meant to do it. It would make stopping it much much easier than a peripheral side effect they didn't mean but won't stop either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join