It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty Family Launches Gun Line

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
God Bless 'em .... these guys know how to make a bunch of money. This gun line deal was in the works before A&E screwed up with the whole 'homophobe' situation. The promo shows Mr. Duck himself, Phil Robertson, reciting the Declaration of Independence and then saying (paraphrase) 'don't let the government take those rights from you'. Considering the political and social climate in this country ... I think that will resonate very well. I predict more $$$$ for the Duck family .... their schtick is paying off well.

Robertson family gun line launches, heading to stores in 2014

A rep for Mossberg & Sons told FOX411 the guns should be available in select stores soon.

"We have begun shipping semi-auto rifles and pistols and some of the shotguns. Cabela's and Academy Sports & Outdoors have already placed orders and guns should be arriving in-store any day."

She added that the company expects other retailers to pick up the line shortly. "Also, Mossberg is sold through two-step distribution, so any licensed FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer can purchase these firearms through a wholesaler."

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Good for them I guess?

Looks like the right found their new hero's for 2014.

I think one thing that we can all learn from this story, is that with freedom of speech comes responsibility and not everyone will agree with your opinion. That goes for both sides

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

cool.
When do they release the drone SW so I can take out dozens at a time.

10 years? shoot. I hope the DD guys haven't killed all the birds by then.

edit on 2-1-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: added "and dumber"

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Great!
Does this mean they will quit with the beach towels, rugs, boxers, and every other BS product that I see, every time I walk through a store?
Glad they are making a buck, but just sick of their larger than life faces on every product imaginable.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

chiefsmom
Does this mean they will quit with the beach towels, rugs, boxers, and every other BS product that I see, every time I walk through a store?

I highly doubt it. They are 'on top' (whatever that means) right now and making a fortune. I'm sure they know it won't last forever so they are making as much as they can now, knowing the $$$ income from all this will dry up at some point.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

chiefsmom
Great!
Glad they are making a buck, but just sick of their larger than life faces on every product imaginable.

Right - in Arizona there are even DD scratch lottery tickets. Maybe they will have DD shells for the guns.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

Wow.

I seriously hope that someone/thing new comes out soon for the masses to gobble up. Besides the sport industry, I wouldn't be surprised if the people get DD burnout soon. I've thankfully overheard it in the stores.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just a way for a few people to make money off silliness. Just saw some peanut butter cups wrapped in DD logo.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i wasn't aware gun sales were so poor that a TV show was needed to sell them. Guess the profit margin needs a way for increase.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

roadgravel
Just a way for a few people to make money off silliness. Just saw some peanut butter cups wrapped in DD logo.

LOL.

I have never watched the show. I've heard of it, who hasn't, but I have better things to do with my time than watch a bunch of millionaire hillbillies.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by justreleased

I haven't seen that show either, only heard about them recently in the news. *not that I miss not having that channel.

Although I am not against the gun culture and their right to bear arms I am weary of people that claim such extreme Christian ideals making money in the distribution of killing machines. Creepy cults of faux-Christians is something this planet doesn't need. Leave the weapons manufacturing to atheists.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I can't wait for their clothing line and their fragrance.

Duck DyNASTY - for when you want to attract something really NASTY!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

justreleased

roadgravel

LOL.

I have never watched the show. I've heard of it, who hasn't, but I have better things to do with my time than watch a bunch of millionaire hillbillies.

Like sit around on a dopey, tin foil hat conspiracy site and make silly remarks?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Zeppp

justreleased

roadgravel

LOL.

Like sit around on a dopey, tin foil hat conspiracy site and make silly remarks?

And welcome to the wacky world of ATS.
The silly remarks are entirely up to you of course.
If you'd prefer to share your wisdom on the subject of your choice people will listen and actually respond.
Not only that but do so in a civil manner unlike any other conspiracy site on the web.
Glad to have you Zeppp!
Check out the forums page, plenty of places to go without undue silliness.

Cheers,
Asktheanimals
Forum Moderator

Eta: Sorry FF, nearly went completely OT on you.
I'm sitting here trying to figure out how they're going to attach a beard to a shotgun.
These marketers go way too far in their search to cash in.
My 9 YO grandson has a bunch of DD stuff - help!

edit on 2-1-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Of course calling people hillbillies is totally civil?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I really should think of trimming my beard. Someone may think I am trying to copycat one of these guys.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Zeppp

No offense. I was only making a joke.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

G,day mate. I have not seen the show but the youngest daughter has and she wont kill a friggin fly.
Now the picture. everyone in cam or as you blokes say camo. But. what made me laugh and it has not been mentioned yet. we have a sheila (woman) in the background showing her headlights, the rest of her is hidden. then, on the recliner/sofa reclining like a model we have a bloke in full cams. u gotta laugh at that send up.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I guess they can advertise them as "perfect for a shotgun wedding with a naive 15-16 year old girl"...quack.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Zeppp

'Tis a fine that sometimes divides what is insulting from that which isn't.
Saying Hillbillies as a group is ok, calling a person one - not so much.
It sounds like you have a good sense of judgment, just post as you would speak to someone in person and you should be fine.

We try to discourage disrespect and anti-social behavior of any kind.
If someone has offended you please feel free to use the complaint feature.
We depend on our members to alert us to issues since staff doesn't have time to read each and every post.
Given the number of members and posts daily it's a pretty good system.

If anything is unclear about the rules please refer to Terms and Conditions - once you get past the legalese you'll see what our policies are. No gore, pr0n, profanity, selling stuff, soliciting personal information, etc., etc.

If anything is unclear please contact any staff member through private message (the tab that looks like an envelope), we're here to help with any issue you may have. The PM feature may not show unless you hit the circle with the V just above the facebook tab, that will bring up access to your account information, etc.

ATA

top topics

<<   2 >>

join