It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs Poop in Alignment with Earth's Magnetic Field

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'll be watching my 2 dogs for a few days!
Anyway, Do earthquakes cause ripples in the magnetic field? If so, could this be the reason animals freak
out before earthquakes hit?

snrRog

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Another amazing thread by ATSMediaPro.

Yes, this is a funny topic. But it has such a potential depth of philosophical discussion.

I likely will be back when I am not at work and can think about this a bit. But it is right. My dogs align on the N/S line while in the backyard.

I suspect it is more complex than that, too.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

HandyDandy
reply to post by FatherStacks

Who fed those 70 dogs for this 2-year experiment/observation? Who housed them? Who paid to feed and house them?

Who paid for the people to follow said dogs around?

Plus, what relevance does this have on ANYTHING in life? Is it going to save someone's life in the future? Are we going to find alternate fuel from this? Etc.

Are you serious?????

You arent actually thinking they bought dogs and paid people to do this full time are you?

Common sense should tell you it was the scientists, colleagues and volunteers who took part in this experiment.

Learning about animals behaviour is relevant in many things, imagine if we could understand how animals knew Earthquakes were coming, think of how many lives that could save!!!!!!

Forget the Poo part and focus on how close dogs are aligned with the planet!!!!
And FFS develop a small sense of wonder and appreciation for how truly inspiring even the small things can be, this is an amazing (if somewhat useless AT THIS STAGE) discovery

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

HandyDandy
reply to post by FatherStacks

Who fed those 70 dogs for this 2-year experiment/observation? Who housed them? Who paid to feed and house them?

Who paid for the people to follow said dogs around?

Plus, what relevance does this have on ANYTHING in life? Is it going to save someone's life in the future? Are we going to find alternate fuel from this? Etc.

Dumbest post so far this year.

Like was already mentioned, dogs the world over eat and poop already. No need to feed/house anything. Just find a dog and watch it squat. Pretty simple, really.

Beyond that, it is these little discoveries that are bricks which build the walls of scientific breakthrough. If you don't see the importance of this, then your imagination is lacking.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ok. You got me. This is the greatest NEWS since...........what exactly?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

HandyDandy
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ok. You got me. This is the greatest NEWS since...........what exactly?

Your not worth arguing with, how you can be offended by this is beyond me!!!!!

Anyway go sell your computer and give the money to the OXFAM, you not doing so is keeping a family in Ethiopia from eating for a full year

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Dumbest post so far this year.

I expected more from you.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Still doesn't stop me from treading in it!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
Your not worth arguing with, how you can be offended by this is beyond me!!!!!

I'm the one who is "offended"?

I'm only asking questions.

So far I have been told I posted the dumbest post so far this year and now am beeing told I'm being offended.

Who is really getting offended here?
edit on 2-1-2014 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Sincere apologies for my post,
It was an unnecessary attack that derailed the thread

You should have just been ignored and those of us who either saw the humour or the mystery in this could have gotten on with it.

Smile dude, Dogs poo according to the Earths magnetic field, That is FREAKING AWESOME stuff

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
Smile dude, Dogs poo according to the Earths magnetic field, That is FREAKING AWESOME stuff

I acknowledge that it is awesome.

But, someone got paid to watch dogs poop and report on it. That is all I'm saying.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

HandyDandy

IkNOwSTuff

I acknowledge that it is awesome.

But, someone got paid to watch dogs poop and report on it. That is all I'm saying.

LMAO

Me thinks you just came up with a novel way of getting people off the Dole

GOV "OK were gonna give you your check every week but were gonna need you help in a very important scientific experiment"
DOLE RECIPIENT "What do I need to do?"
GOV "We want you to follow this dog for 2 years and record as much data as possible everytime it craps, either that or you can get a job, your choice"

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

LOL. Wow.

Nothing could have prepared me for that title.

One time I pooped a circle, just sharing a story.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Segenam
ive re-aligned my pups tray, since reading this, to allow him north to south ... was previously east to west ..

hopefully things will be a bit less messy now ... he almost seems to 'refuse' to get it all in the tray, and kinda just lands awkwardly, at the outside edge, on my carpet ..

would be amazin if this made it more appealing for him ...

See - this can be helpful science

Observed my Shihtzu, he also faced the north this morning.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Don't fret. We still have 363 days left in the year....plenty of time for someone to top it. May even be me that does it....who knows.

My point is, there is something far greater here than dogs pooping. We are seeing esoteric interaction with the greater environment.

Consider this: humans are said to have 5 senses, with "psi" being considered (from a popular standpoint) the "6th sense". BUT....

....have you ever considered that the sensory input for "hot" and "cold" are different? Two separate senses that we lump together. "pressure" is another sensory input that is lumped in with "touch". Pain is a separate sensory input. So I have just turned 1 of our "5 senses" into 4, upping us to 8 with just this exercise alone.

Consider, now, that dogs are yet another species that seems to have sensory organs for the magnetic field. Cows, etc, were recently discovered to align to the magnetic field, not to mention birds, fish, and other migratory animals. But the purpose for migratory animals is clear and defined: they use the magnetic field to navigate their migratory paths.

Dogs....they don't seem to be migrating when pooping. So the purpose could unlock deeper mysteries.

But back to what I was saying....we have found further evidence for biological processes in mammals for MF detection. Think about that for a minute. Then consider the act of dowsing.

My dad could take welding rods bent at a 90 degree angle (2 of them), with about 1/4 of the rod being the "handle". He would make loose fists and place the handles into his hands so the other part of the rod hung over the tops of his index finger. The would swing fairly freely kind of balance loosely in his fists. Using this method he could detect underground water. 100% of the time, if we were trying to find a water line or sewage line, he would pull out his divining rods, walk around a bit, and figure out where the underground water was located. He found wells for people on a few occasions, too.

Ingo Swann mentions a belief, somewhere in the 2000+ pages of his "database", that humans have magneto sensors in their hands and feet. What I have witnessed with my own dad would support Swann's assertions. Swann spent decades studying the more sublime sensory inputs of his body, trying to study his own capabilities, be they real or imagined. So he has laid out a simple, untested hypothesis (with quite a bit of his own documentation in support of it).

Then we have cows aligning themselves to the magnetic field. Now we see dogs doing it.

The world is chock full of various life forms, each with their own behaviors. We tend to espouse genetic pressures/influences with various behaviors. But if we stop and notice, I suspect we will find many, many more instances of this symbiosis between us and our planet (our ties with the Schumann Frequencies are already well established).

Now...take this to the concept of space travel. If we are talking about sending manned missions to Mars, how do we need to give consideration to the human body and minds ties to the planet? Will humans be able to exist on Mars? There are many studies done that indicate that mental and physical health both will severaly deteriorate. Of couse, we may be able to overcome this with technology. And watching dogs poop could very well be one step in the build up to such technology.

Now...where is your imagination?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
From this we can derrive that a lot of sidewalks and pavements where people put their shoes and boots on the ground for walking are actually unconsciously designed according to the magnetic alignment.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
But back to what I was saying....we have found further evidence for biological processes in mammals for MF detection. Think about that for a minute. Then consider the act of dowsing.

I used to work as a geotechnical engineer observing underground drilling/testing. On more than one occasion the utility company wouldn't correctly mark where the water lines were. My drilling crew would pull out the dowsing rods. 100% correct every time also.

Now...where is your imagination?

In the crapper.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Of course they poop considering the local magnetics... Anyone heard of magnetic linear acceleration?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

You mean prey right?
Dogs have no predators.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Interesting. I will be paying close attention to my dog from now on. Thanks for making taking the dog for a walk so much more interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join