It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all dead?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
We are dead alright, however some are more dead than others!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I have a better question: what does it mean to be "alive"? Does the scientific definition really express the essence of what it is to be alive? Or is there something deeper and less definitive?

I ask because it helps to know what life is before we ask if we are dead.
edit on 2-1-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

rickymouse
reply to post by lostbook

Go into your refer and grab a carrot. Cut the top half inch off and plant it. It will form a plant but it is a second year carrot so the fruit will be the seeds it creates. Take the seeds and plant them the next spring any you will have carrots. Always leave a few carrots to create new seeds the next year.

Take the celery off your stalk and plant the middle little celerys. They will grow tall and big but they do not have much flavor, the outermost celery stalks have the most chemicals to deter pests so they have more good taste to most of us.

I can go on and on. When something can be eaten by bacteria, it has little energy. It is their job to clean up death. A cow hangs for weeks and does not rot, the chemicals in the beef keep bacteria at bay. Life is about proper chemistry creating energy. When the energy is gone, than that life is gone, the microbes will move in.

I see your point, however, I am only talking about food for consumption. Humans don't eat "live cow" that only happens in nature where animals eat other animals after catching them. Humans kill our food and cook it. Ezcept for fruit and vegetables. When something is planted it's not being eaten, just being re-grown. We can keep this debate going however, we may be on to something.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I see your point, however, I am only talking about food for consumption. Humans don't eat "live cow" that only happens in nature where animals eat other animals after catching them. Humans kill our food and cook it. Ezcept for fruit and vegetables. When something is planted it's not being eaten, just being re-grown. We can keep this debate going however, we may be on to something.

Curious.... Have we taken into account "cannibles"? And would not the same apply to animals? They hunt live prey but once the killing blow is dealt, is the life force not gone and thus eating death?

All that is playing in my head right now is "Rob Zombies, Living Dead Girl".... Thank you OP...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Zombieland babe.

Seriously I never thought about it the way you described but it seems very philosophical.

The plants I kill worry me more than the animals, what does that say about me?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Humans are scavengers. The fact that we cook(controlled rot) our foods because we cannot make all the enzymes to digest them should be a clue. Many foods are also fermented or aged to get the required chemicals. Scavengers are usually very intelligent. They can eat live meat but their brain and health do not function properly with it. They need a large amount of it aged or cooked. Cats need taurine to function right, they cannot make it properly. Humans need NAC and a lot of our cooking practices preserve this chemical. Even cats will eat raw veggies and grasses. They need them for medicines. Everything is sort of a hybrid after millions of years of evolution. At least we do not bury our bones anymore yet we still naturally age meats and make aged sausages and cheeses to gain the tyramines we need to keep going.

I don't think Humans were ever vegetarians. They can live that way if they choose but must supplement special vitamins and research how to live that way. I do not think we were ever carnivours either.

Eating mushrooms supplies some of the chemistry we need if we do not eat veggies. Brain chemicals. Although some veggies are capable of supplying these, I doubt if this chemistry was known of long ago.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Not true at all. Some very big 'movements' advise eating only things that are still alive, say eating dead stuff is not so good. Eg., store your veggies in water and they stay alive. Munch on live oysters, rip still-beating hearts out of your fresh bloody kills and chow down quick, etc.

edit on 2/1/14 by soficrow because: missing wds

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Well nobody gets out of here alive.

So in a way, yes were all dead because, life is death sentence.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Hm.m.m.

Hadn't thought about cannibals. You may have me there....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join