It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Dressed Man of 2013: Pope Francis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Ok, I like this Pope and I`m glad for so many articles about his refreshing ideas and attitude. I can even agree that he may be considered one of the persons of the year (2013), but this is insanely ridiculous....

www.esquire.com...

An unconventional choice to be sure, but hear us out.

While Bradley Cooper, Chris Pine, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have all had banner years, their sartorial choices begin and end on the proverbial red carpet. Meanwhile, Pope Francis's sartorial decisions have subtly signaled a new era (and for many, renewed hope) for the Catholic Church.

"His mode of dressing really does reflect the mindset behind it," says Mark-Evan Blackman, assistant professor of menswear design at FIT, of Pope Francis. "I remember when John Paul II was buried in those opulent bright red shoes. When the current pope was elected and chose not to wear the red shoes I thought that was very reflective of his approach to being a person functioning in a role."

....Or maybe not ?!

edit on 2-1-2014 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

DIscussions of fashion are always ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I agree, he is a nice pope, but I don't think I would vote him best dressed man of 2013.

Now George Clooney on the other hand...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Rainbowresidue

I agree, he is a nice pope, but I don't think I would vote him best dressed man of 2013.

Now George Clooney on the other hand...

You would change your opinion about George Clooney, after you see me wearing one of my pajamas, lol
edit on 2-1-2014 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The pope? I was thinking that Phil from DD was the best dressed....

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

G,day mate. i'm with you . how can a bloke in a dress get the award for best dressed bloke. NUTS.
I know we are not supposed to do one liners but i am lost for words. Well maybe not.
silly bloody galahs.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Hahaha, thanks for the chuckle.
Back on topic I think it's hard to say because I find suits very handsome on men, but someone else might like the rocker look. I really have no clue how they came up with Pope Francis though.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pronto

Gosh, you are right, thinking of it now, he is actually wearing a dress.
That is even weirder then.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It was probably a 'hat tip' to the man because he's 'dressing down' .... He gave up the papal red leather shoes and wears his old black cardinal ones and his white outfit is unadorned and simple compared to previous popes. It's probably for that (I'd think) ...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That clears it up a little.
Thanks.

So it was just a nice gesture.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

So now manhood eg in the form of the best dressed, wears a frock and a fish-head hat - Oh dear!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, this can only be a symbolic choice, otherwise they`d choose me, lol

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Does this mean fashion conscious men will be parading around in dresses throughout 2014?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Well if that's the latest fashion...Then I'm in...
..Looking good!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

FlyersFan
It was probably a 'hat tip' to the man because he's 'dressing down' .... He gave up the papal red leather shoes and wears his old black cardinal ones and his white outfit is unadorned and simple compared to previous popes. It's probably for that (I'd think) ...

G,day mate. Hat tip. mate thats no hat he has on his head it's a set of bellows for fanning up the coals in the fire place.
As for the red shoes the last bloke wore . you need sun glasses on to look at them. lol
edit on 2-1-2014 by pronto because: left out a word

edit on 2-1-2014 by pronto because: yep dat word agen

top topics

join