It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Worry, we won't die out due to shortage of Food!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

If have read many stupid things on ATS but this thread makes my top 10 list. Did you ever stop to think that many people would not share your lack of morality......Just saying. Some things are better left alone.

Each to their own. I'm just saying.

With all the Threads about lack of res, I thought i'd throw this one out there and say that we could human flesh to survive if it ever came down to it.

Many have done it before to survive when trapped on high mountains!

If you and a friend were trapped someplace with no sign of food.... and rescue team wouldn't get to you in time... would you give yourself up or would you eat your friend? I mean, if your friend died before you?

Anyways, this Thread was a kind of tongue in cheek joke but could become reality.
edit on CSTThu, 02 Jan 2014 15:47:44 -0600u3103x044x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Ok, I guess eating insects may be a better option but I reckon a lot of people would be sick on that stuff and would sooner or later want a spare rib, thigh or even breast!

Seriously?? When I'm sick of eating tuna, I don't go on and eat my neighbour. I just eat salmon.

Someone has been watching too much movies. Your morality compass is gone AWOL, mate.

TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Many have done it before to survive when trapped on high mountains!

And many didn't. And I have more admiration for those who showed morality right at the face of Death. I'd rather die with honour than eat my friends.

If you and a friend were trapped someplace with no sign of food.... and rescue team wouldn't get to you in time... would you give yourself up or would you eat your friend? I mean, if your friend died before you?

What kind of question is that?! We would try and survive 'till the end. If one of us dies, and all hope is lost forever, then I'd rather leave this pointless plane of existence and move on.

edit on 2-1-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

edit on 2-1-2014 by swanne because: double post

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Actually I predict some level on cannibalism in the future based on the parallel account of the "Great Tribulation" coming in our future and of the ancient account of Jerusalem 66 AD - 70AD .

Jesus warning Matthew 24 starting in verse 15

15 “Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place (let the reader use discernment), 16 then let those in Ju·de′a begin fleeing to the mountains. 17 Let the man on the housetop not come down to take the goods out of his house, 18 and let the man in the field not return to pick up his outer garment. 19 Woe to the pregnant women and those nursing a baby in those days! 20 Keep praying that your flight may not occur in wintertime nor on the Sabbath day; 21 for then there will be great tribulation+ such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

Here is what we know from history about how bad it got.

By the spring of A.D. 70, the children of Israel found themselves defying the Roman armies surrounding their capital. Vespasian, now the Roman Emperor, had given his son, Titus, the charge to complete the victory.
Titus brought five legions of Roman soldiers, in addition to auxiliaries, engineers, cavalry, etc. — some 80,000 men in all. His mission: force the Jews to submit and, if possible, preserve the famous city of Jerusalem as a prize for Rome.
Titus surrounded the city and hoped the display of force would convince the Jews to surrender. It did not. The city had natural defenses by cliffs on all sides except the north. Thus he attacked there. His war machines broke through the first of three walls in early May. Within five days, they were through the second.
Food rations inside the city were scarce. During the nights, ghostly figures would sneak through hidden passages to steal food amid supplies from the soldiers’ tents. Titus decreed that those captured were to be crucified. A forest of crosses littered the countryside as trees were stripped off the land to satisfy the orders for crucifying some 500 Jews per day (cf. Matthew 27:25).
A rampart was built around the city to seal off the hidden passages. Hunger became so intense that the citizens became insane with famine, resorting to murdering one another over food; they even practiced cannibalism. Those who perished were cast over the walls into piles of bodies that remained unburied. The scene of the Holy City was one of utter desolation.

I know many will say this will never happen, but people get really desperate when they are hungry and starving and it makes some crazy.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

There you go.... my point exactly.

Thanks for the Post!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Now I know to never be near you when you'll get hungry.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

and if the SHTF scene is a pandemic,should we cook them to 165 to kill the virus?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I don't see that as a steep too far from where we are now, we are "eating each-other" already in many aspects... we even "consume" future generations because we do not plan ahead and beyond our short term interests...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by angryhulk

What the hell do you mean by "random"?
It's in the survival forum, about what you'd eat to survive when shtf.

It's not random at all. It's quite an expected and topical topic to be discussed here.

Why would you say that?
Do kids today just say " random" without knowing what it means?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

TruthxIsxInxThexMist
We will never die off from Starvation (lack of food/resource). Do you know why?

Because, we have over 7 Billion people on the Planet! If natural Res runs out, we become Cannibals until Natural Res returns.

Here is a list of most Populated Areas, so if you want to survive, you know where to move to:

1 Asia 4,140,000,000
2 Africa 1,033,000,000
3 Europe 739,000,000
4 North America 529,000,000
5 South America 386,000,000
6 Oceania (Australia) 36,000,000
7 Antarctica 4,000

Happy Hunting!

There's people starving all over the world right now, and you hear next to no accounts of cannibleizm. No it's not gonna be a factor at all. A lot of people would rather die that eat any human, myself included. And if you get hungry there's tons of stuff to eat in the wild. Pine bark is pretty abundant

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Well, it depends on the situation at hand; I live in the mountains with a huge lake, ponds, flowing rivers and streams galore. I also have two deep wells on my property. If worse came to worse I guess I would boil it, then filter it. If that didn't work, or all water is irradiated, then I guess I'm S.O.L. because if the deep wells are contaminated, it would only be fair to consider that tree roots and all other various sources of water are contaminated as well. Maybe head north? Again, it would just depend on the circumstances.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Say what you want about the OP, but if it ever hits the fan like we like talking about here on ATS, there is a good chance that there will be many people partaking in cannibalism. Some of them may even be your current neighbors. With no rule of law, people are free to let their baser instincts run free, and not everyone shares your morality or compassion.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Still, pretty funny though, dont ya think?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ultimately, the flaw in your logic is that your food source can fight back pretty hard and will probably win.
Which is why, historically, when people resorted to cannibalism, they only ate those that were already dead.

Of course tribal cannibals were pack hunters. You could always try that, but then how do you trust a hungry cannibal not to eat you if the pickings are slim?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Let me see... People are starving to death every minute across the globe. Why won't they just resort to cannibalism? Beats me.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Lithops

Let me see... People are starving to death every minute across the globe. Why won't they just resort to cannibalism? Beats me.

Good response... maybe this thread will reach those in Desolate parts of the World!

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

Yeah, true... the tables could turn on yourself if the needs arise but if that happens, will just have to try hardest to escape!

It would be a scenario similar to the zombie films except you wont actually be dead!

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
With the behavior of people these days, cannibalism is not that tall of a wall for many to climb. Personally I could find easier meat to kill and eat. Humans are crafty.

HOWEVER.. if we are in a plane crash in the Andes and we are starving, and I die first... you can eat me.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Speaking of which...

edit on 17-1-2014 by allenidaho because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join