It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How time does not exist, what it really is and how it limits our life.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Hello My first Post and a big one of that.
To get the gist you may just may just read:
Part 1 Summary
Physical and Mental explanation
Part 2
The Conclusion

I have some thing to say about almost everything but on this i have a great insight i believe and it is the moment to share. I am looking forward to any questions and discussions.

Almost 3 years ago i had an epiphany, whilst in the back garden at midnight staring out onto a field, overlooking the town i sat with my friend.. smoking.
I was so relaxed, my mind became completely passive to the moment/thoughtless and i kid you not i almost fell off my chair when the instant moment of realization hit me.

Only the moment is. Only the now.
I said to my friend" Time does not exist, the past is our mind, the future is our mind, neither are there, but the now." I understood from that moment the misconception of time, and how with our minds eye/ imagination, allows us to create and believe in the past and future which is time.

I do not like much babbling about myself but i felt the event that birth this belief was relevant.

I will give you my understanding of time as part 1 how it limits our life in part 2 and what it really is as the conclusion.

Part 1:

Time is made up of hours, minutes, seconds, years, days and months.
So say you count the time it takes to get to the shop from home, but if we count the time it takes, we count using seconds and time is made up of seconds. To me that says time counts time, an infinite loop of illusion ed finite.

People view time as past, present and future, in their minds they hold images and beliefs of yesterday and what the future might hold.
That is just their imagination and not been taught what the minds eye really is, allowing them to see the in the mind, time as an actual force, that governs age, death and seasons but this is not so.

Time is a measurement for the now ageing. I will say age is not determined by time, but by depending upon the material ageing, what other substance and materials it is exposed to. We can also say here that age is governed by the behavior of particles and particles vibrate and this vibration ages.

These particles undergo a particle acceleration process in our body that regenerate our cells and make us age, we technically rot. We can measure it with seconds, but it is not subject to seconds.

I said time is a measurement for the now ageing, we could say that what we perceive as time can be called the flow of matter. If we freeze an apple, it does not age as much, yet you can sit there and count on a watch how long it has been in the freezer and when you get it out time has not affected it or stopped flowing.

Summary
Time is technically a clock, you take away the clock and you can barely comprehend it. The clock counts the amount of and at what rate a material degrades/rots. The amount of rot a material has, and the rate at which it rots is determined by the amount of exposure a material has been been exposed too and what the exposure was. So this indicates time has nothing to do with age, for ageing is rotting.

So age is determined by the affect our surrounding elements and conditions, which determine how fast we rot.
This is to show how wrong we perceive age and time, and the fact time has nothing to do with age.

I believe this destroys the accuracy time has in telling the age of a person physically and mentally.

Mentally:Imagine if two people were born, they were both 10 days old and 1 of them stayed awake and didn't sleep or astral projected. Wouldn't the one who stayed awake be technically double the mental age or at least gained knowledge and experienced double the other person. Also depending on how the other person understands things and the situation but you get the idea.
Time does not determine age or maturity, age does not determine maturity or a good mind set or how they handle responsibilities, but the situations a person comes across and what they learn from them, obviously if been conscious the whole time and they don't sleep, they have the chance to encounter more situations and more time to understand. Creating a mental age been incapable of been measured by time.

Physically: One man lives in the Antarctica, another lives in the Sahara dessert. They are both twenty but because age isn't determined by time, but by the effects of certain environments and mental states creating within their body a chemical reaction altering their bio chemistry. It is hard to use time to determine age. Everything vibrates, happy is a higher vibration, sad is low and so forth with everything. The more particles vibrate, the faster they move and heat makes particles move faster, hence why when you freeze things they don't rot as quick.

What i'm saying is that the guy in the Sahara, his body will have aged quicker, regenerated cells quicker and depending on other environmental conditions, so when you look genetically depending on what the the conditions are at the ages every persons body around the world, i have no doubt they will find some deteriorate/stop producing at a much faster rate than others. Meaning their bodies are of different age to what time would speculate.

Part 2

If you are aware of the minds attraction power/Karma/Third eye/Faith or power of belief and what our imagination really is which is the astral matter, that is matter from the world counter part of this. If you think of it in terms of a big made small, infinite made finite. I like to say "if you can see yourself in your head, how are you not there?"
I will explain briefly the mechanics behind the material world and the immaterial from what i have come to understand. "The tree is infinite in fruit and seed but the seed is only limited to one tree, the tree give to the seed so the seed, could replenish the tree"

If in your mind, the immaterial world you perceive that in 20 days time you'll have aged double the amount you have in 10 days. Then you can say you accept that within 5 days a carcass will have undergone a certain level of deterioration and in 10 days the amount of deterioration will have doubled.

If you comprehend this you are acknowledging, to your mind and your higher self, that within a certain amount of time there is a level of deterioration that takes place. So if our minds how power to manifest the material reality even if weak depending on the persons will and intent. You are limiting yourself by comprehending the levels of change. By this i mean we are unconsciously making ourselves old and wither'd.

Conclusion Finally
What is time then?
Time is a measurement and the clock is a tool. We are counting to? the end of the universe or of some great happening?
We are doing just that we only need time to synchronize our days in society. Without time we would be lost as to when to work, when to go out, when to do this.
If we had a society where we didn't work, we would only need to know the day in order to measure our existence but the minutes are for the precise organisation that society needs to stay racing.

Time is merely a tool in order to keep society synchronized and in order. An illusion.

Thank you for reading, this is my first of many post, I'm sorry it was so long. May peace be with you and ignorance a far.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Wisdomer

Without time we would be lost as to when to work, when to go out, when to do this.
If we had a society where we didn't work, we would only need to know the day in order to measure our existence but the minutes are for the precise organisation that society needs to stay racing.

It sounds to me like you are confusing time with clocks which only measure time.

None of your examples made any sense to me,id rather put my faith in someone like einstein or newton,unless you have scientific proof for your claims?
edit on 2-1-2014 by amurphy245 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisdomer

Very interesting ideas. I have thought the same ( time to time ) LOL
I like your analogy of the guy cooked in the desert, VS the guy frozen. I can see the relation of so-called time.
Also the child thats awake longer gains more knowledge... cool, cool.

I agree with some of them, thank you for the share

edit on 2-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by amurphy245

Your confused because you have a closed mind and not open to ideas IMO

I will laugh at you when the OP signs your book at a signing after he's compared to Newton, etc.. by the community.
I've come by wild mushrooms in the woods before, trust me time is a poor word to describe a length of (whatever) as to say time. But, I'm probably confusing you too, sorry.

You sound like one of the guys that would criticize Einstein, Newton, etc when they were a nobody. when they told their "messed up" ideas. but then again you said "faith" then "proof of science" in the same sentence ...... hypocrite, lol. Is that like "fundamentally paramount?" hahahaha....its an Oxymoron for the simple

open-mindedness dude

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Thanks for your grand effort, time is just the grafitti of man on the outside shell of eternity.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I like your post. S&F

What do you think about DNA strands and what happens to them (construction) over 'time'?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sat out at midnight "smoking" then having an epiphany.
Did your revelation came under the guidance of mother 'erb ?

Time does exist as physical property of the Universe because if it didn't, everything would happen at once.

Human perception of time is definitely an abstract notion but "t" as the event wave in the causality of reality is the basis of all measurements we make in our "ultimate reality" so cannot be discounted.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

He did not say time doesn't exist, he said

Quote: Time is a measurement and the clock is a tool

All you did was paraphrase him.

Lighten up and go walk through a garden maaan.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
While it's a fun exercise from a creative writing and facilitation of imagination aspect to make up one's own rules about the nature of the Universe, Space-Time, and anything else one might desire to imagine while sitting in the garden smoking, in reality, there are branches of science already dedicated to understanding and modeling Space-Time.

I strongly encourage some courses in Physics:
800 Online Courses From Top Universities

The classes are free, but, non-accredited.
Imagination is fun and all, but, imagination works better when fed experience and knowledge.

Youtube videos - Fundamentals of Physics

... and here's Chapter 12: Introduction to Relativity

I hope this helps anyone who is interested in learning more about how the Universe Works.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

No, I pointed out that time is not only human made measurement, it is a property of our ultimate reality.

We cannot exist without time.
We can exist without clocks.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
if the past is in our mind and the future as well, so must the "now" be in our minds as well...

if there is no time, there also is no "now"

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

AK907ICECOLD
reply to post by amurphy245

Your confused because you have a closed mind and not open to ideas IMO

I will laugh at you when the OP signs your book at a signing after he's compared to Newton, etc.. by the community.
I've come by wild mushrooms in the woods before, trust me time is a poor word to describe a length of (whatever) as to say time. But, I'm probably confusing you too, sorry.

You sound like one of the guys that would criticize Einstein, Newton, etc when they were a nobody. when they told their "messed up" ideas. but then again you said "faith" then "proof of science" in the same sentence ...... hypocrite, lol. Is that like "fundamentally paramount?" hahahaha....its an Oxymoron for the simple

open-mindedness dude

No need to get upset with me,im open to different ideas which is why i come to this site but OP just came here with an idea that popped in his head while he was sitting in his garden,you cannot compare that to the work einstein and newton did because as of now time is known to exist and unless someone can come up with the scientific proof to show otherwise we have no choice but to accept it.

Its like me saying the moon is made of cheese and providing no research to back it up,would you believe me?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

AK907ICECOLD
reply to post by Jukiodone

He did not say time doesn't exist, he said

Quote: Time is a measurement and the clock is a tool

All you did was paraphrase him.

Lighten up and go walk through a garden maaan.

He says multiple times that time does not exist it even says so in the thread title.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Great debut, OP, welcome to ATS!
Those are my thoughts exactly, and I have a lot of difficulties trying to explain others that time doesn't exist. Many times they made think I'm kind of crazy because of that, but I can't explain why I know for sure that I'm right.
That's also why I smile every time I hear about time traveling, in the past or in the future. I mean think about it; time is not like a stream that sweep us along, and sometimes we decide to swim against it or faster than the stream. That's the big illusion. Time is just a concept to keep track of the changes around us. Everything in the universe changes, always, just at different rates. We took the rotation of the earth, the night and day, made it a constant and called it time. We measure every other change in the world with this constant, which is in fact such an arbitrary concept. Time is in fact an x number of earth rotations; it doesn't exists as such. It has no reality of itself. What happens if I decide to define time by another phenomena? Would time slow down, go faster? What happens with time thousands of light-years from earth rotation? How do we measure it? What happens in a void, time disappears?

So going back in time would mean to reverse all the changes that took place in the entire universe at that specific point in time we want to reach; that will never happen. The past and the future exists only in our minds, like a dream. A powerful illusion, but nevertheless an illusion.

S&F for making my day!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Great and interesting opening thread. Thanks.

I have to fine think a little more on your thoughts , but your article led me to think about how we measure time. We measure time in all kind of different units from light years to nano-seconds. But it isn’t actually time we are measuring, because as you say. Real time can only exist now. The Now is thus the only real time that allows us to interact with the physical world that surrounds us. So what we actually measure is the future, which is not time at all, but merely something we have vague thoughts about and haven’t happened yet . This future that we measure will eventually become real time once it becomes now. Thus time measurement is perhaps some sort of count Down.

S&f

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Wisdomer
We are doing just that we only need time to synchronize our days in society. Without time we would be lost as to when to work, when to go out, when to do this.
Time is merely a tool in order to keep society synchronized and in order. An illusion.

Bingo.
There couldn't be a 'slave race' without order and synchronization. Time is an effective tool for creating the "working week".

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Time is the measurement of motion in the universe, whether it is the earth circling the sun, or the moon circling the earth, or the frequency of a particular atom vibrating at a particular rate...it is just motion. We do this to provide a frame of reference for daily life, but Time is not dependent on human beings to measure it, events will continue to take their course with us or without us.
Clocks are a feeble attempt to organize schedules and events. Time travel to the past is not possible, we cannot turn back motion of planets and stars. Time travel to the future might be possible though a wormhole or other discovery not yet made, who knows. it is interesting to think about. I like the Mayan and Peruvian concepts of time, that is is cyclical instead of linear as western thought lean towards.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Are you Wisdomer's girlfriend or something?

Time exists in spite of the impact it has on material things and their structural survival. There is a unit of measure that physicists established when they realized that material reality is based on quantized progression of units - one replacing the previous unit in direct succession - and they realized that in order for quantization to exist in any form whatsoever, it would be necessary that each quantum of whatever it was that was being observed or measured exist within its own existing unit of Now, relative to the unit of Now that was occupied by the previous quantized unit (or quantum, if you prefer). They decided to call this unit of quantized Now, Planck Time, and even offered a formula that they could all agree on for using Planck Time within other formulas.

This is the formula -

That formula basically describes the time it would take a photon traveling at the speed of light to cross a distance equal to one Planck length - within a vacuum, of course.

Planck Length is the smallest spatial measurement, and if you Google it, the Wiki page will help you out with that.

Yes, these measures are arbitrary, but that's actually not the point. The point is that there is direct logical inference that proves beyond any doubt that Time is not an illusion - even if your own personal experience of time progression is undoubtedly illusory (as is all mind perception). Even physicists have to deal with the progression of Time as they calculate and calculate and work to prove that all sorts of impossible things either exist or don't exist as they've been previously defined.

String Theory doesn't work as a bona fide theory that can be falsified due specifically to the fact that they refuse to address the 800 lb gorilla in the room that is Time progression within the confines of any of their hypotheses. And they all know this is why String Theory is struggling so badly now.

Einstein went to his grave upset over what had become of Quantum Mechanics because of the fact that Time progression had been so aggressively ignored by the blackboard junkies and their obsession with math calculations. I guess that Einstein would've been one of those guys criticizing Einstein, if what you suggest is true.

The "Time is an illusion" notion isn't new, and it's not supported by much more than 20-something kids who've just discovered the metaphysics section on Youtube and whatever talking points they've recently picked up on Internet forums like this one. You and Wisdomer are both aging, and you're aging whether you believe in Time or not. Time is the progression of each quantum of Now replacing the previous quantum of Now. At the Planck Time rate or at whatever Unit Rate of Change it actually is that this progression is happening. It's the common rate of synchronization within our universe, and it's what allows all that exists within this universe to physically interact - thereby establishing this universe as the physical whole that it is.

Not difficult or mysterious. And certainly not a projected illusion from some human mind. The human mind is the result of reality. It's not the author of reality.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Time is discipline. There's no basis for control if everyone is living on their own accord. Make sure you wear one of our stylish wristwatches so as not to get left behind!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Time is a measurement of movement.

We humans measure time relative to the movement of the sun and earth.

I am fifty years old...on Jupiter I would be five

Without movement there is no time...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join