It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Stuck in our own experiment': Leader of trapped team insists polar ice is melting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

My title and the article is self explanatry. Talk about denial. Even Another junk scientist ,Al Gore said the Artic would be Ice free by 2013 lol. Still no polar bears begging for asylum in Australia.
edit on Thu Jan 2 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited to use source title

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac
[mor
KARMA IS ALIVE AND WELL.... I hear Al Gore is getting sued by many scientists and The Weather Channel for his fake claims of Global Warming!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

How come people like me could see through El Gores comments way back when he started but it takes till now for people to question it? Aren't we supposed to be more intelligent these days? Makes me wonder.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i love how you start off by calling people idiots. there are plenty of very intelligent members on ATS that are not global warming deniers.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Reminds me of archeologists that are paid to go out into the field and find the "missing link". They leave their institutions already "knowing" the end result, rather than letting the evidence provide the answers.

Its funny how easily a "scientist" can make his/her mind up when money for research is on the line.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

While it's ironic and somewhat laughable, I don't think it's a laughing matter. There IS something definitely going on with climate change.

A Danish-owned coal-laden cargo ship has sailed through the Northwest Passage for the first time and into the history books as the second bulk carrier to navigate the Arctic route.

The North West Passage. Ever heard of that? It's not in Antarctica but has been an eagerly anticipated trade route for Canada, Russia, US and Denmark.

Climate change is advancing more quickly to the point where the Northwest Passage has become a more viable shipping route, roughly 30 years earlier than most scientists estimated it would,” said Michael Byers, an international law expert at the University of British Columbia.

Source

So please, remember to recycle

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

13th Zodiac
www.foxnews.com...

My title and the article is self explanatry. Talk about denial. Even Another junk scientist ,Al Gore said the Artic would be Ice free by 2013 lol. Still no polar bears begging for asylum in Australia.

Hmm, ironic you call them idiots, then talk about the Arctic... That ship is stuck in the Antartic..

As for the Arctic being "ice free", how do you explain the opening of the Northwest Passage?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Wow and Al Gore claimed the Arctic would be ice free this year. Have you ever thought about how oil and gas were formed??? If not for Global Warming there would be no Petroleum products. The Earth and the Sun go through cycles, man is but a small part of the equation. There have been many times of more CO2, more ice, less ice, more water, less water! What never gets mentioned is how Mars and the other outer planets are going through the same periods of warmth and cold as Earth does....AMAZING!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LaElvis

Just because Gore was wrong doesn't mean you can throw the baby out with the bath water

Have you ever thought about how oil and gas were formed??? If not for Global Warming there would be no Petroleum products.

????

I think someone will come along in 3-2-1 to tell you how wrong you are. I can't be bothered.

The Earth and the Sun go through cycles, man is but a small part of the equation.

No one disputes cycles. Still we are still a part of the equation. Recycling should just be second nature anyway, like doing shoulder checks. Regardless if we are causing climate change or just contributing.

What never gets mentioned is how Mars and the other outer planets are going through the same periods of warmth

So you admit there is a period of "warmth" going on. And you want to insult people trying to find out why and how much? No wait, my bad. Because you already know the 5 w's

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

LaElvis
Have you ever thought about how oil and gas were formed??? If not for Global Warming there would be no Petroleum products.

I am intrigued as to what you think you're on about. Global Warming/climate change has sod all to do with the formation of petroleum products.

At it's most basic description, Oil is formed when organic matter is deposited in a low oxygen environment then covered over in time, then compressed/heated within the crust to form the good, black stuff we know and love.

LaElvis
The Earth and the Sun go through cycles, man is but a small part of the equation.

Quite correct - however, how do you explain the rise in atmospheric CO2 seen since the Industrial Revolution (IR) and the corresponding average rise in temperatures, along with the corresponding reduction Arctic and Antarctic sea ice as well as the corresponding increased melt of glaciers?

LaElvis
There have been many times of more CO2,

Indeed, 500 million years ago it was some 20 times higher (with a corresponding mass extinction....) and has been declining until just before the IR, when we now see it increasing....

LaElvis
more ice, less ice, more water, less water!

No one disputes that there are natural cycles, but Man is disrupting the natural cycles by releasing CO2 into the atmosphere that took millions of years to form in just a few centuries...

LaElvis
What never gets mentioned is how Mars and the other outer planets are going through the same periods of warmth and cold as Earth does....AMAZING!!!

Are they?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

They kept saying how Global Ice was 'Melting Faster Than Ever Before', perhaps they forgot to tell the 3 Icebreakers trapped in the Antartic Ice eh ?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Ice is melting much faster - that you simply cannot deny. Ice shelves in the Antarctic reduce much faster every summer and regions that would see no melt over the Summer now completely melt, which in turn speeds up the movement of the glaciers which were previously locked in by the ice sheet.

A link
Another linky
Another one...
One more, just for luck

The fact a few ships got stuck in the ice is neither here nor there.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The problem isn't global warming... it's global stupidity.

These are the same sort of "scientists" that conduct research on whether or not horny men cheat more.
edit on 1-1-2014 by madmac5150 because: Global stupidity

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

MadMax9

How come people like me could see through El Gores comments way back when he started but it takes till now for people to question it? Aren't we supposed to be more intelligent these days? Makes me wonder.

Ha-Ha, I remember when Al Gore first started flashing his stupid fish lips about this, and he was standing beside then President Clinton (at the very end of Clinton's term), and Bill started smirking at Al Gore as if to say that "no one will ever believe this idiot because he is so inept at salesmanship"

And that whole thing was on all the networks and I remember telling people right then "Hah, even Bill knows what a moron Al Gore is and is scoffing at his attempt at this new false flag, look at him smirk at Al Gore!" I thought at the time that there was no way anyone would buy into that dip sh*t's fabricated crisis. I was "WRONG"

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I dunno if I would call the experimenters "idiots" (although I can't really bring myself to call them "scientists either, since the article claims they set out to achieve a result rather than run an experiment... but that could just be FoxNews spin). I'd actually say that those proclaiming the Great Global Warming Debacle (GGWD) are pretty smart.
  • They managed to convince a substantial portion of the planet that a trace gas which is responsible for plant growth and produced in our own breath is going to destroy the planet and all life on it.

• They managed to get the MSM to treat a theory as a proven fact.

• They managed to push a political agenda that will net their benefactors literally billions if not trillions of dollars.

• They managed to do all this despite reports of improperly placed temperature sensors, manipulated data, tainted data, sloppy models, and a general overall lack of scientific integrity.

If they were truly "idiots," there is no way they could have pulled this off.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Not only that, it has been a distraction from issues like deforestation, the poisoning of our waters, and overfishing just to name a few. Things that we can actually get under control if addressed.

Few people realize that before the rise of plant/algae life on ancient Earth, the atmosphere was rich in CO2 and there was almost no O2.
edit on 1-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

NThey do avoid the facts though, never heard them explain how 22 Billion tonnes of CO2 are converted into oxygen by atmospheric algae each year. Fast rise in industries fast rise in the destruction of Trees and plants just to lay acrea of concrete. Algae supplies more O than all plants on this planet and the said 'Homo Sapiens' species goes out of its way to destroy our Oceanic Gifts.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The Earth went through periods of extreme cold and extreme heat, at these catastrophic times, the sea level rose and killed many plants and animals. THEN, they were buried and compressed to make Petroleum products. It was these mass extinctions and sudden shifts in water depths that produced the silt and then the shale to trap the dead organic material. I work in the oilfield so I'm very familiar with how Petroleum was formed.

Yes in the (periods) of warming the other planets warm too....even thought the measuring is skewed because of various orbits and lack of real instrumentation. The Sun as you know, goes through cycles.

I am just tired of the Al Gore types and Carbon tax people who want to control cattle flatulence...to a certain extent more CO2 is beneficial to plant life. We are a long ways from any tipping point where it is detrimental.

I personally believe man is in the last Generation before Jesus comes back to fight off what Obama and his puppeteers have started!!! But that has nothing to do with this thread...It is a personal thing, so NO attacks please.

skepticalscience.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You can't make this stuff up!

Love it!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I thought at the time that there was no way anyone would buy into that dip sh*t's fabricated crisis. I was "WRONG"

Then they were caught fabricating findings.

Global Warming is a Bunch of B S!
Look at the Sun and it's cycles and our own volcanoes erupting
and forest fires. IMO

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join