It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Days Non- Stop Animal Mass Die in the Coast of Peru Happening Now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Sounds as if there's a volcano somewhere out there but they don't describe the smell (sulphur?). If an earthquake caused this it should run its course but how many other sea animal die offs can be traced to methane?

Some of these die offs can provide insight into what the earth is doing. Someone maybe has taken the google earth map of mass animal deaths to the crust to see if any correspondence to quakes, etc? Not sure but I'll look that up when I get home.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The possible reasons for such a large marine die-off are myriad.

That the ocean's ph levels are changing likely due to human pollution, though, has been documented and it isn't going to abate anytime soon. This could destabilize whole ecosystems and disease could follow.

Fukushima radiation? IDK... unlikely so "soon" and so far away (i.e. diffusion). But I'm just some schlub who's sat through a few classes and read a few papers.

But whatever the reason, man sourced or natural, it sucks for the poor marine guys.

Whether it's directly the cause of this die-off, or not, so much damage from pollution with no stop in sight is really depressing. That it's a self correcting system isn't any consolation in that the self correction would, ultimately, be the extinction of us, along with a huge portion of our neighboring species.

I wish we would stop the cognitive dissonance and collectively act faster, i.e. committing time and resources to stop our wholesale chemical deluge, before these news tidbits are non stop and a true nightmare scenario unfolds in real time.

If wishes were fishes...

edit on 1/1/2014 by Baddogma because: clean-up a grammatically toxic super-fund sight.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

The thing about the pH is that it needs to change suddenly to really cause a big and catastrophic die off. I know this from my own home aquarium adventures. Fish can adapt to gradually changing pHs over quite a wide range. Where it bites them is in the spawning department. They either do not feel like spawning or their eggs or fry cannot develop properly at the wrong pH.

It's when you expose them to a sudden pH change that they die suddenly out of system shock. A sudden release of volcanic gases would do that as well as just being generally poisonous.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Dianec
reply to post by Rezlooper

Sounds as if there's a volcano somewhere out there but they don't describe the smell (sulphur?). If an earthquake caused this it should run its course but how many other sea animal die offs can be traced to methane?

Some of these die offs can provide insight into what the earth is doing. Someone maybe has taken the google earth map of mass animal deaths to the crust to see if any correspondence to quakes, etc? Not sure but I'll look that up when I get home.

It would be something to see a google map with all these die offs. Here is a thread I wrote about the die-offs on Sep 17 and at that time there had been 595 known die-offs somewhere in the world in 2013.

Known Mass Animal Die-Offs drastically increased to nearly 3 per day; 595 already in 2013

In that thread I provide links to a site that is tracking all the die offs. It's worth checking out. But, a great idea to show a Google Map with all those die offs.

IMO, the underlying cause of these die-offs are the dangerous gases, methane and hydrogen sulfide, whether it is directly gassing them, or causing them to die from other reasons such as oxygen depletion, algae blooms, etc. and also, the gases themselves may be the cause of these disease outbreaks, which I explain in another thread of mine. Disease outbreaks are another cause of many of the die-offs.

Either way, this is getting scary and it should get a lot more attention than it does. Once there is a mass human die-off, then we'll have no choice but to take notice.

edit on 1-1-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
there should be a current flow map somewhere to determine if it would be radiation based
deaths,. I am leaning to the seismic potentials,. there could be substantial methane releases
during these seismic occurrences of which nothing could breath and would starve of oxygen.
However, could be land based poisons also , crop fertilizers or dumping wastes into the ocean somewhere.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Thank you for your humble thoughts...I had to laugh a little at myself too...because honestly I didn't see the tortoise head...just the shell and some legs...and with all the crab talk I just overlooked the details in the picture.... *sheesh*

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It could have something to do with the magnetic field? Animals use this to find north. I've heard of marine life washing up on the land before potentially because of this. Polar shift? I dunno, possibilities..

Plus don't you think if it was a physical thing they would know straight away what caused it? Autopsy.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I like some of the theories here, but anyone saying it's Fukushima is wrong, this is happening in Peru, these die offs would have to occur in many places before hitting Peru. Something big is going on down there, but it's unrelated to Fukushima. My guess would have to be an underwater volcano releasing toxic # into the water, or something like that.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

"Poor little crab, can't even fend for him/herself. Probably counting its last breaths before it dies "

That's not a crab, it's a sea turtle. You live in the desert?
edit on 1-1-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Weren't we just having mass animal die-offs here in the United States not too long ago? Birds dropping dead along with fish in lakes dying. Apparently it just seems to happen all around the planet. Maybe it's the Earth's way of purging itself. One day a large group of people may just start dying off. Maybe scientists should try and understand the phenomena in case we have to protect ourselves in the future.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Mass die offs aren't anything new, they have been happening forever, and it's usually caused by something natural, methane leaking from the ground, toxic algae, or some kind of virus. Sometimes it is caused by man too, through one of our many man made chemicals. But when that is the cause, it is usually found pretty quickly.

edit on 1-1-2014 by kotu44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

kotu44
Mass die offs aren't anything new, they have been happening forever, and it's usually caused by something natural, methane leaking from the ground, toxic algae, or some kind of virus. Sometimes it is caused by man too, through one of our many man made chemicals. But when that is the cause, it is usually found pretty quickly.

It might be caused by something natural, but it in itself, in my opinion is not natural. That's why if we learn to understand why it happens we can stop it from happening. I don't see how large amounts of animals dying can be helping the planet.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

greenday1978

kotu44

It might be caused by something natural, but it in itself, in my opinion is not natural. That's why if we learn to understand why it happens we can stop it from happening. I don't see how large amounts of animals dying can be helping the planet.

Reviewing the list of reasons we theorized in this thread, it results hard to find a justification not linked to mankind at all. Maybe natural causes, maybe...., but undiscussed or unrevealed. Convenient for a small group of people.

Silly trick that seems to works well, you can notice how ofended you feel everytime you read or hear the "official version" of the facts. Your heart tells you they hide the truth.
edit on 1-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Ah such is life one day your alive and kicking without a care in the world. Then the next you end up as excess biomass on a beach somewhere. These sort of die-offs are not uncommon, they happen every year in fact, generally there most recognizable during the new years, and they will increase.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Trueman

greenday1978

kotu44

Reviewing the list of reasons we theorized in this thread, it results hard to find a justification not linked to mankind at all. Maybe natural causes, maybe...., but undiscussed or unrevealed. Convenient for a small group of people.

Silly trick that seems to works well, you can notice how ofended you feel everytime you read or hear the "official version" of the facts. Your heart tells you they hide the truth.
edit on 1-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

Yes, I am indeed very offended when I hear their version of "the truth." But when you hear about things like lake Nyos in Africa then you wonder could it truly be a natural phenomena. I don't like second guessing myself, but then you you're forced to trust your instincts because that's all you really have. The politicians wont give it to us straight.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i'm not finding anything else about this via google. i find stuff from 2012 but not from 2013.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

yamammasamonkey
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

"Poor little crab, can't even fend for him/herself. Probably counting its last breaths before it dies "

That's not a crab, it's a sea turtle. You live in the desert?
edit on 1-1-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

I wasn't able to change it after I made the post. If you read my previous posts it was an overlooked detail as I was researching crab die offs and just glanced at this photo assuming it to be a crab. I am only working on a 13" monitor on my laptop, so unlike some large desktop monitors sometimes you miss the details.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

pasiphae
i'm not finding anything else about this via google. i find stuff from 2012 but not from 2013.

ATS succeeds where mass media fails, one more time.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Could it be decomposing phytoplankton? It sounds ridiculous, but something like this happens in Nairobi. Overfishing of small fish (herring, sardines etc) means that a lot more plankton is being allowed to live. Once these plankton die, they fall to the ocean floor and begin to decompose. As they decompose, the release sulfur and methane into the soil around them. Once the soil is saturated, methane rises as a large bubble, until it essentially explodes through the ocean floor, causing a gas eruption. The result is that fish and sea creatures are poisoned by the gases released, the air gets an awful smell, and the sea gets a yellowish-brown tinge to it. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Baddogma

Fukushima radiation? IDK... unlikely so "soon" and so far away (i.e. diffusion). But I'm just some schlub who's sat through a few classes and read a few papers.

maybe the papers you should be reading aren't published yet. what do these guys know that we don't? www.infowars.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join