It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Toll Highway Collapses Into Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Mexican coastal highway cracks up and slides 300ft down mountainside into sea after earthquake near U.S. border
-A 300-yard section of the Tijuana-Ensenada toll road sunk into the Pacific Ocean on Saturday
-Several small earthquakes shook the area on December 19 and cracks were seen in the lead up to the collapse
-Road might be closed for up to year according to some media reports

Source Here

It is unclear what caused the landslide.

According to the United States Geological Survey, a magnitude-4.6 earthquake centered about 60 miles southeast of Ensenada struck on December 19, but the events might not be connected.
The toll road, which could be closed for up to a year, provides access to the major port of Ensenada and is the main access point to Baja by sea

TOLL ROAD BETWEEN ENSENADA AND TIJUANA COLLAPSES

edit on 30-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Is that a "Made in Mexico" highway or a "Haliburton Surprise?" Whatever the case it definitely looks like substandard engineering considering the terrain.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Wow. Looks like they built their nice big highway on dirt. Next to the ocean no less. Doesn't look like there's a single rock underneath that part of the road.

Wonder if anyone did any geological surveys before they laid it out. Guessing not.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
That truck driver must surely be a basket case. I know I would be, in any case. He is one lucky dude.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Holy crap! I have driven that highway 50 times. I always thought it amazing it did not slide off into the ocean. It was a great quality road but the cliffs there are scary.

Wow, just wow.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It seems god does not like toll roads.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Look at the sign on to the right of the image with a red circle and an arrow pointing to the lorry..

The circle represents earth and the red outer circle represents the mantle beneath the surface of the earth. The mantle shifts the techtonic plates resulting in quakes.

The arrow pointing towards a symbol of a lorry indicates that a great conspiracy is in play..

"Alpha to Omega. Alpha to Omega.. Target is in sight"..

"Sir... It looks like we missed."

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Landslide, sinkhole, land slip, land crack...not much difference either way. Doesn't have to be from the earthquake.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well they said cracks began to appear after a few quakes which grew over time. But I suspect it was never truly safe to begin with. What I wanted to point out is...look at that asphalt and that paint. This has been recently re topped and painted. I wonder how many layers have been put down. How much weight each layer added over time to an already unstable geology.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
It seems god does not like toll roads.

Although I must admit I do like your explanation better...

top topics

join