It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By what year do you think we will have MAtrix-Based Brain Connection Technology?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm just wondering what your own personal take is on when we will finally see Neuro-Cortex Plugin Based Matrix technology that plugs directly into the brain just like in the Movies the Matrix Trilogy, complete with a real life illusuory matrix world, instant download of learned skills, knowledge, books etc.

It's an inevitable step in the Evolution of both Technology & Humanity so it's simply a matter of time before this get's figured out and released to the public.

I'm thinking programs on "empathy, perspective, and love" will perhaps help us to change the world for the better.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Hasn't brain to brain interface already been achieved? Wasn't that a topic here on Ats months ago?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Here's the link:

www.washington.edu...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
People plug into the Matrix, everyday. They even have different "programs" to choose from like: CNN, ABC, CBS, A&E, HBO, MTV, ESPN, etc, etc...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

dominicus
I'm just wondering what your own personal take is on when we will finally see Neuro-Cortex Plugin Based Matrix technology that plugs directly into the brain just like in the Movies the Matrix Trilogy, complete with a real life illusuory matrix world, instant download of learned skills, knowledge, books etc.

My personal . . . take?

One can already learn skills, knowledge, and books.
It's called school.

To wire one's Neuro-Cortex into some kind of technology,
to do what one can already do is just...

... it's just like wearing a chair,
to improve one's commitment to learning.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 29-12-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Probably when someone figures out how to put something electrical into your brain that is compatible with the brain matter and doesn't fry your brain in the process. Not even sure at that point if your brain would hold any information they attempt to transmit. Just a guess.

Cant really see skin accepting a mechanical graft either. Sounds itchy, scabby then dead.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Can't pin a year on it, but when the process comes together it will come together quickly. Up until then the mapping of the neurons and other brain connections and then learning "how to drive the thing" will first have to be figured out, and that will take awhile. Well before 2060 though, as one poster estimated. It should be well on its way as a standing learning tool by 2050 or '40, maybe earlier.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

lostbook

Hasn't brain to brain interface already been achieved? Wasn't that a topic here on Ats months ago?

Yes, they've achieved that, but it's still so cumbersome. It's like the wright brothers trying to achieve flight with the first model airplane (it took them quite a few models and tries before they got it right)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

My personal . . . take? One can already learn skills, knowledge, and books. It's called school. To wire one's Neuro-Cortex into some kind of technology, to do what one can already do is just..

That train of thought is based on the old model of reality. We are entering a completely new model and humans are on the verge (and already slowly assimilating) of merging with technology, a.i. to do some thinking for us, personal assistance, improved brain function etc.

If you would rather go to an 8 year school to get a degree, whereas I can download directly into my brain that 8 years of education in 8 seconds, then you lose, and I win. While you still have 8 years left to graduate, I already have everything you are going to learn, downloaded into my brain, and can apply for, and take the job, you wish and dream of getting after you graduate

By the way, this sort of tech is coming. The old model is a dead horse on its way out. But good luck staying in the past if that's where you are comfortable.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

dominicus
That train of thought is based on the old model of reality. We are entering a completely new model and humans are on the verge (and already slowly assimilating) of merging with technology, a.i. to do some thinking for us, personal assistance, improved brain function etc.

If you would rather go to an 8 year school to get a degree, whereas I can download directly into my brain that 8 years of education in 8 seconds, then you lose, and I win. While you still have 8 years left to graduate, I already have everything you are going to learn, downloaded into my brain, and can apply for, and take the job, you wish and dream of getting after you graduate

By the way, this sort of tech is coming. The old model is a dead horse on its way out. But good luck staying in the past if that's where you are comfortable.

Faulty premises, through and through.

One is presuming that an 8 year school "to get a degree"
is not designed to take 8 years on purpose, that it is not
mostly a waste of energy and effort, that it is not social
and political in it's form and function as a by product of
control and place-ism.

That one self motivated individual can't get the same level of education on their own with "a dollar fifty in late charges" at the public library, and a couple of summers.

What do people really learn in college anyway?

Mike Grouchy
edit on 29-12-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Faulty premises, through and through.

That's a relative and subjective opinion. That's all it is.

If you do some research, they've already found that scientists can download some simple processes that others know, into people who don't, and it helps them to develop that skill 75-90% easier. So it's inevitable that it will come down the pipeline in full fashion, just like shown in the matrix.

One is presuming that an 8 year school "to get a degree" is not designed to take 8 years on purpose, that it is not mostly a waste of energy and effort, that it is not social and political in it's form and function as a by product of control and place-ism.

8 ear schools are mostly for mastery of positions like doctors, dentists, Phd's of various sorts and so on. It's 8 years because this length of time was established a loooooong time age and its a archetype that still stands with no one to threaten it. In those 8 years, those schools are pulling in a crap load of money as well.

With a direct download, you would know all the book knowledge they gain in those 8 years, and the rest of your schooling and experience would be as an assistant on the job.

That one self motivated individual can't get the same level of education on their own with "a dollar fifty in late charges" at the public library, and a couple of summers.

I have quite a few friends that are self taught with no degrees, and have used that knowledge to gain respectable and high paying positions. One fellow taught himself engineering and how to use all the programs. Was working as a janitor in an Engineering company, and got caught by the Boss playing around with the programs. The Boss was impressed and hired him on the spot. He's the only "Engineer" in the whole company that does not have an Engineering degree.

I have about 3 other examples I can share as well that proves the school systems are old models, dead and broken. So all your "recursive" jpegs have no merit and give the feel that you're a 14 year old straight from 4chan.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I believe this is called Singlairity when man and machine become one, I know they have already built brain interfaces, just a matter of time before they figure out a way to connect humans to pcs.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

dominicus
So all your "recursive" jpegs have no merit and give the feel that you're a 14 year old straight from 4chan.

ad hominem (æd ˈhɒmɪˌnɛm) —adj, —adv: 1. directed against a person rather than against his arguments.
As you wish.

Before I log out,
as obviously not being wanted here for reasoned debate,
I can not tell you the number of times, people who
categorically disagree with me,
find themselves three years later saying "holy #, he was right."

/peace

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

mikegrouchy

dominicus
So all your "recursive" jpegs have no merit and give the feel that you're a 14 year old straight from 4chan.

ad hominem (æd ˈhɒmɪˌnɛm) —adj, —adv: 1. directed against a person rather than against his arguments.
As you wish.

Before I log out,
as obviously not being wanted here for reasoned debate,
I can not tell you the number of times, people who
categorically disagree with me,
find themselves three years later saying "holy #, he was right."

/peace

Mike Grouchy

please do stay and add healthy debate to the topic.

I highly doubt 30-40 years from now, if still physically alive, that I will say you were right.

The world, as we currently know it, is a very slow, broken, dumb, sloth-like system.

Combustion engines and fossil fuels are dying a slow death, and should have been gone by now.
The education system is broken.
Third world countries shouldn't exist
The cost of internet, food, utilities is a byproduct of corporate greed.

I can name a number of features in every part of life, the world, reality, existence and show how we are currently living in a modern day stone age. Because I see what's coming 50-100 years from now.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A virtual reality, would be a good bet, although it would probably come out much later this century. A copy of the Matrix reality, would probably be much, later.

To be technology one with the universe, or to make another universe. Well that might take a million years.

After that, I`m all out of guess`s.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

A million years? Not according to current progress, in fact we're back in track with Moore's prediction. Technology evolve faster and faster, it is pretty much an exponential growth. I give it 100 years max. That is if we don't blow ourselves up first.
edit on 30-12-2013 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well we need to fully understand the brain to be able to download it to somewhere else and than computer technology will have to get to where there as good as are brains than we will have the ability to be insert are minds in a matrix like environment.I would say where still 50 years to get computers that good so i would say around 50years to 100 years if we don't destroy are self before that.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Never. This is not science but superstition, and at its root lies nothing but the ancient, atavistic fear of death.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Astyanax
Never. This is not science but superstition, and at its root lies nothing but the ancient, atavistic fear of death.

well, that goes to show how much you know. There are already brain to brain (albeit crude) communication technologies just discovered in the last 12 months, as is being able to control technology via the brain.

It's science, not superstition. Maybe read some science news every once in a while

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join