It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose and who built these mysterious structures in Siberia?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Curious69
I found a pyramid structure. anybody knows of any russian pyramids.
Or am i again suffering from paradolia?

62.294072, 60.094944 check it out.

And a mountain that has fallen victim to a sinkhole? any geologists here that can explain this landscape?
63.288310, 103.736145
edit on 29-12-2013 by Curious69 because: (no reason given)

Hmm i did some more searching on the area where the pyramid structure is found.
The natives in the area does live in tents that could look pyramid shaped, so it could be some kind of
representation of those, the area is also known as the biggest supplyer of oil in russia.
And i found the local oil compagny, and on their site they have a very nice picture of a building
that i find to be very interresting in a ATS kind of way.
minneftegas.ru...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

posting so i can read later, thumbs up though i can tell this will be a fun thread

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thanks OP for a very well presented thread. Regardless of the truth in this matter, it was well thought out and very interesting to say the least.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Sounds like some epic battle had taken place in which numerous UFO's got taken down over the area and got stuck in the ground. The weird noises the natives heard were the reactors running or whatever. They got sick of the bits of radiation leaking out the broken ships. And how coincidal is it that with every report of ufos touching ground people talk about how the vegetation doesnt grow back.

Later the russian army heard about the story and dug up every single one of them using ground scan technology to trace them. Leaving holes in thr ground that are now the mysterious waterpools from the ancient aliens episode.

Ow and coper colored they say. What about the famous russian ufo recovery video. That ufo or thing has the colour described. Rusty copper...

This is how it sounds to me. Correct me if im wrong. But i think ive just solved a mystery.

edit on 29-12-2013 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Love this subject!

S&F OP!

For those that rather listen to the info here is another video which covers much of the info provided as well as what the crew of the History Channel discussed about their experience.

If we could just get a good team to take proper samples of one of these things. Doubtful it would make it to the public if anything really crazy was discovered though . . .

-FBB

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Pitt5767
Thanks OP! That was a very interesting read. I appreciate all of the effort you put into it.
I apologize for my inability to post pics... However, if anyone is interested enough... I did a quick
scan on Google maps and found a few things I thought were interesting. Using the quote by R.Maak
from 1853, I followed the river up and then went off of the streams (unmarked btw). Anyway, these
are the things I found.
Coordinates...63.215976, 118.727399 A perfectly circular body of water (The Big Cauldron Sank)?
63.142822, 118.954872 A very busy "Intersection" in the forest. Zooming in, seems to
be, again, a circle at the center.
63.143491, 118.919507 Along a waterway, an odd sort of "icon"... strange.

I'm wondering, if because these "Cauldrons" seem to hold heat and they are in the Permafrost...
is that why they are sinking gradually over the years?
edit on 29-12-2013 by Pitt5767 because: Realized they hold heat not emit or radiate it. Sorry.

This is a perfect example of how strategic points in the world on google maps are black listed, or photoshoped to mask the ariel view of the location. your first co-ordinate is masked out (probably by MIB)?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Nexus Magazine did a story about these things a few years ago. Cant remember much about it other than the article said they cauldrens were starting to warm up.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

learnatic

Nexus Magazine did a story about these things a few years ago. Cant remember much about it other than the article said they cauldrens were starting to warm up.

How do they know when a thing that has never been found starts to warm up?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I hate to be the part pooper, but it does appear like the entire OP has been lifted with only very small changes from here, an article that was written back in 2007..

I'm not accusing the OP of plagiarism, but the similarities between the OP and the article are uncanny.

It is an interesting story, but we must credit others where credit is due, not pass stuff off as our own. That is, of course, assuming the OP didn't write the other article.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

stumason
I hate to be the part pooper, but it does appear like the entire OP has been lifted with only very small changes from here, an article that was written back in 2007..

I'm not accusing the OP of plagiarism, but the similarities between the OP and the article are uncanny.

It is an interesting story, but we must credit others where credit is due, not pass stuff off as our own. That is, of course, assuming the OP didn't write the other article.

The similarities are uncanny. And after reading your post, I realized that there is not even one link in the OP's several opening posts on the subject.

Like you said, not to accuse anyone of anything, but...at the very least it raises an eyebrow and a certain question.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I didn't set out to find any proof of plagiarism, I was just looking for more info on the topic and that was the first link... It is suspect and does require clarification, I think.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I realize those were not your intentions, but it does require some "clarification" IMO.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
i resent these accusations.. any subject you find on line you will find similarities between certain articles.. but the one you mention and the one i wrote ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!
The article you speak off is mainly about an expedition, mine is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!

Thats the problem with this site.. people like you two. who are 2 of the most negative and argumentative $%^&* on this site.. Why waste my time trying to make this a better place with decent content and informative posts??
There was a time when i did write decent articles for this site and I stopped doing it because of people like you..

well fine.. ive had enough.. you two obviously spend most of your life here and i hope you have fun.. leaving your negativity on the crappy threads that make up most of the content here...

If those posts are not removed by the staff i will never post here again....

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Dude, I can pick several paragraphs on both articles which are uncanny in their similarities

In fact, I shall do so now...

From Fortean Times

Local traditions record that lone hunters from the nomadic Evenks and other Yakutians who wander into these weird valleys - there could be more than one - have described odd hemispherical 'iron houses' (kheldyu) that proturude from the perpetually frozen ground. These smooth, reddish formations often have an opening at the top, with a winding stairwell leading down to a circular gallery with numerous 'metal' rooms. Despite temperatures of 40 below outside, the interiors are said to be pleasantly warm. The old Yakutians do not know the origin of these 'houses' or to whom they belong. They vaguely associate them with the ancient demons of the taiga, Niurgun Bootur and Tong Duurai (see 'Yakutian Legends', below).

These mysterious structures - the locals also refer to them as olguis, or upturned 'cauldrons' - are said to be forged out of an unknown metal, copper-like in colour, incredibly hard and with razor-sharp edges. No one has ever been able to cut off even a fragment. Over time, the Yakutians have noticed that some 'cauldrons' are gradually sinking into the frozen ground and disappearing, leaving behind large circular stains of odd vegetation. These places are dangerous to all living things. Stay too long and your head will spin; you'll be struck by an unknown fatal illness. For this reason, tribal elders long since proscribed such areas, declaring them cursed. The region is called Uliuiu Cherkechekh - the Valley of Death.

From your OP

Local traditions from the nomadic Evenks and Yakutians who wander these weird valleys have described 'iron houses' (kheldyu) they are hemispherical, smooth, reddish copper like in colour and they protrude from the frozen ground. They are said to be forged out of an unknown metal which has razor sharp edges and are incredibly hard and have an opening in the top. There are also descriptions that say these odd structures have a winding stairwell which leads down to a circular gallery with several metal rooms, they are said to be warm inside despite temperatures of -40 outside

The native Yakutans have also noticed some of the cauldrons have been sinking in to the ground and disappearing leaving behind large circular patches of odd vegetation.
People who have come into contact with these structures have reported head spinning and getting struck down by a strange fatal illness.
Tribal elders have declared these areas cursed and tell of ancient legends of demons of the taiga, Niurgun Bootur and Tong Duurai but the truth is nobody knows the origin, purpose or who built these strange structures.

Aside from a couple of words here and there, they are identical in terms of what is written and the manner in which it is written. This is not the only example...
edit on 30/12/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I think if you would have just linked to your sources, folks here wouldn't be in an uproar. Not that it really matters. We aren't talking about someone claiming to have original material on an unknown location. There was very little in the OP that wasn't a rehash, which isn't a knock. Its just that there isn't much info out there on this subject.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Russia is such a mysterious place bump

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Misterlondon
i resent these accusations.. any subject you find on line you will find similarities between certain articles.. but the one you mention and the one i wrote ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!
The article you speak off is mainly about an expedition, mine is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!

Thats the problem with this site.. people like you two. who are 2 of the most negative and argumentative $%^&* on this site.. Why waste my time trying to make this a better place with decent content and informative posts??
There was a time when i did write decent articles for this site and I stopped doing it because of people like you..

well fine.. ive had enough.. you two obviously spend most of your life here and i hope you have fun.. leaving your negativity on the crappy threads that make up most of the content here...

BTW, you had me on your side until you posted that last line. Quite pedantic.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Misterlondon

BTW, you had me on your side until you posted that last line. Quite pedantic.

your absolutely right.. heat of the moment..

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Quite, I wasn't actually making any accusations but rather just after some clarity. I've used plenty of other sites material in my own posts, but you have to follow the rules and correctly credit it.

I wouldn't say I am even in uproar - I enjoyed the OP and it is because of it that I went looking for more info.

It was pure coincidence I happened upon that FT article and whilst reading it, I though "hang on, this sounds familiar"....

It's only after he came gunning for me that I decided to cite an example....

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Anyway.. I wont be writing anymore threads or posting here again.. Ive added some solid content and decent threads to this site in my years here but ive really had enough now.. I wont be posting again.. Its just a complete waste of time which could be spent better doing something else..

Thats not trying to get sympathy or attention it is the truth.. This thread has been destroyed now, a small part of it had similarities to that article but both pieces were completely different and took a completely different direction..

I actually did have alot of respect for you stumason and having opened peoples eyes in the past, you have finally opened my eyes to the time i waste on this site.. There is no point..

Not that anyone really cares.. But goodbye to you all and good luck...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join