It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electrocortical activity associated with subjective communication with the deceased

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Most of us are questioning mediumships are they real or not and always telling people what they want to hear about deceased loved ones.
But some time ago I've watched this documentary about children that had paranormal apparitions. And the parents of those children had difficulties with raising these children because they couldn't help them with the diseased apparitions.

At first I thought they were imagining this but further in the documentary it came clear these young children could really see the dead and that this was not some kind of dream or imagination these kids had.

As with meditation, this mental state of communication with the deceased involves calming mental chatter and becoming receptive to subtle feelings and sensations

So they called in mediumships to learn those children how to handle all these kinds of paranormal apparitions.
Now many of us think that Mediumships are quacks and shamefully there are those who abuse patients and giving real mediumships bad naming.
Because there are Mediumships that do really good jobs in processing people who have lost someone or are paranormal psychics from birth..

I'm therefore glad this article confirms that there are real mediums outhere who really can speak to the dead. And it looks that more children are experiencing either problem or can we say evolution within the human psychic growth? Maybe we are going slowly from fifth to sixth sense phenomena?

During advanced meditative practices, unusual perceptions can arise including the sense of receiving information about unknown people who are deceased

I only wonder myself if it's something some are born with or can be learned or changes within our DNA so we get this ability if your open yourself to it?

New Study Sheds Light on Brain States During Mediumship Readings

Thanks to a team of researchers, including scientists from IONS, the study of mediumship recently made its debut in the academic journal Frontiers in Psychology. This pioneering study funded by the BIAL Foundation investigated both the accuracy and the mental activity of mediums as they were tasked with communication with the deceased.

It seems that science more and more picking up in unraveling the fact if the afterlife exists or not . To my opinion "science closed their eyes to long for this"

Frontiers

IONS

Peace..

edit on 0b04America/ChicagoSat, 28 Dec 2013 15:04:04 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 28 Dec 2013 15:04:04 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Apparently we are all born with a sixth sense but shut it down, usually by being told to stop imagining things by society. Children haven't yet figured out to shutup about it.

I can't say as I believe mediums can talk to the dead.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Or some say that fluoride affect our pineal gland that shuts our psychic abilities ?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You could also say that because one cant comprehend, its ignored and or written off.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
We were conditioned to not believe in these things, that blocks our third eye from working. The ones running this world don't want us to know that these things exist. This way they can control us, these other beings can protect us and influence us to do things against the ones in power, especially if we all could see that there is some truth to this.

I believe society is a conspiracy. A set of instructions to disbelieve in things that are not proven. If we see something we do not acknowledge it, and filter out it's existence. We are blinded by our knowledge and by our desires and beliefs to the possibility of something more existing.

So what to do about this life of deceit? We keep playing along and act as if we believe everything that we have been conditioned to believe I suppose. I don't believe the people who are blowing things out of proportion but do look into what everyone says, mostly to find the truth that exists in what they say. I don't care who you listen to, half of what they say is bull. It is parroting most times, they do not intend to lie. They think that the information is true because most others accept it as true. In reality only part of it is true, there was negotiating with deceit to get it accepted or acknowledged most times.

Another problem is much of the stuff is not relevant to the situation or the evidence is misinterpreted. I don't understand how this could be happening so much.

I am glad that someone is looking into how these images correspond to the brain. I think it is a communication with the living though, we can see what someone else sees or what they think they have seen. We tap into someone elses memories of a person by interacting with a dead person's DNA possibly. The possibilities of what is happening is endless. Remember that people's memories of events are an interpretation of what was happening, they may not even be real...just a perception at best. You can get false memories from putting yourself into a tv show or video game. These memories are not real.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

rickymouse
We were conditioned to not believe in these things, that blocks our third eye from working. The ones running this world don't want us to know that these things exist. This way they can control us, these other beings can protect us and influence us to do things against the ones in power, especially if we all could see that there is some truth to this.

I sometimes think that covert assassins trained by governments, are being convinced that death isn't the end and extend their limit in finding and confront targets?

I believe society is a conspiracy. A set of instructions to disbelieve in things that are not proven. If we see something we do not acknowledge it, and filter out it's existence. We are blinded by our knowledge and by our desires and beliefs to the possibility of something more existing.

But why is it that it looks science are non restricted in researching and publishing these findings?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

The rules do not originate from science. Science is just one of the tools of the deceiver, it is also a tool used by the truthful...but it seems since the rules governing science's use were made by the deceivers, so it benefits them most.

I am just saying that you can only believe half of what you hear or read, even if scientific facts are used to show that it is true. Misapplied or unapplicable evidence to the situation is often used to say something is true. This is the interpretation or application I am talking about, the evidence is real. The belief or desire of the one applying the evidence is what I question in most situations, not the evidence.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

So you're saying that scientifically proof that something exist ,they infact deceiving us and that its misleading us from the real thing here?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I recorded this using my android phone with headphones on listening to a Hz frequency healing tone on youtube and captured a voice saying my name.

Im trying to figure out how i captured my name being called out in this recording. I brought the original file from the recording device to my computer and into audacity. Here's a non amplified and amplified version, anyone here know spectrograph interpretation of sounds here?

original spectrograph

equalized

edit on 28-12-2013 by sanitizedinfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

0bserver1

So you're saying that scientifically proof that something exist ,they infact deceiving us and that its misleading us from the real thing here?

Only about half of the time. If you read the evidence provided in an article with an open mind and try to distinguish what the parameters of the evidence are....This takes the reading of many other articles....you sometimes find that what is being said is being twisted. The evidence is real but the interpretation is steered.

If someone wants to prove something is real, you can't use evidence that is in opposition of the desired result. So this evidence is suppressed to write the interpretation. Sometimes the article mentions the opposing evidence and leads a person to believe that evidence isn't relevant by disproving one little part of the opposing evidence. This is used extensively all over the place. Just because the evidence has something a little wrong does not mean the whole evidence is flawed, it just means it also does have little flaws in it.

When businesses get hold of evidence that backs their products they exploit that evidence and discount or bash any evidence that is to the contrary. Remember that a lot of the funding for this research is directly tied to businesses. It would be financial suicide for a researcher to argue with the interpretation of the one who funds these projects. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Most Researchers are aware that their evidence will be used by industries of all kinds and also by government agencies who can twist the evidence to fit their needs.

It's just the way it works. There is no conspiracy about this, if you make waves you jeopardize your employment. This happens everywhere in the world.

In this particular case, I don't think that the ones in charge want us to know that collective consciousness exists.
edit on 28-12-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Well I find it hard to believe now that science is getting more open to the reality that there might be life after death , if one call it that? That this Psychological study is to be called non approved mainly on small flaws. You have to remember we are talking brains here something more complex then the universe itself.

Even Quantum physics talks about this topic . I see this as a piece of this large puzzle and an extension of a large research and the pieces seem to fall together in different studies.

Altough I agree that they should proceed this study to find more about this subject something mankind always wondered and technology now gives us the benefit to research properly.
edit on 0b03America/ChicagoSun, 29 Dec 2013 04:42:03 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 29 Dec 2013 04:42:03 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sanitizedinfo

Very interesting have heard allot about EVP did you use background noice?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

0bserver1
reply to post by sanitizedinfo

Very interesting have heard allot about EVP did you use background noice?

i used a 500+ something Hz tone through headphones.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

0bserver1

Well I find it hard to believe now that science is getting more open to the reality that there might be life after death , if one call it that? That this Psychological study is to be called non approved mainly on small flaws. You have to remember we are talking brains here something more complex then the universe itself.

Even Quantum physics talks about this topic . I see this as a piece of this large puzzle and an extension of a large research and the pieces seem to fall together in different studies.

Altough I agree that they should proceed this study to find more about this subject something mankind always wondered and technology now gives us the benefit to research properly.
edit on 0b03America/ChicagoSun, 29 Dec 2013 04:42:03 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 29 Dec 2013 04:42:03 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

I don't think there is actually life after death. I believe our knowledge can be stored in crystals which include rocks, glass, gems, etc...Even some metals contain crystal lattices. I think some people can read this information.

Guys always try to put things together without reading the instructions. Some are very successful at this. Is it actually our intelligence or are we attempting to read the instructions from the object we are putting together. If the person handling the object knew how to do this, they could put information into the object and we could read it. If noone knew how everything fit together, like they make things nowadays on production, then we would need to read the instructions. So the person thought in Chinese, I don't know how to understand their language and ways, the instructions would not be readable to me.

We can't read really old stuff well, we cannot understand their desires well. We cannot understand their language well. So antique stuff from a thousand years ago does not translate well. We are better at translating the info of people whom we can understand. Those of our kind.

Now this is all speculation, when I found that crystals can store information, I summized this is possible. A diamond ring can store your knowledge and your attitude. It would have to be cleansed to remove the knowledge and perception of the last wearer that it contains, or this knowledge and perception could interfere with a person who wears it. I think everyone may have this ability but don't understand it.

Are we influenced by this? I feel we are. The diamond of a sad person could make another person sad. A mirror of someone psychotic could make another person touch it have psychotic feelings. A gun of a person who is a killer could influence the new owner. A knife used to kill someone could cause problems with the perception of the next owner of the knife. This could explain a lot of things if it were found to be true. Even our bones could store information in the crystals within them. Our brains would have nano crystals within it's matrix, these crystals formed by glutamates could be where memories are held.

The process of intelligent thinking is different from the way we store memories. A person's personal desires and moral background would determine how we used this information.

Like I said, this is all speculation, I have studied things that can lead to this conclusion but they can also lead to other possibilities. So in the scope of things, this post is considered something that is considered misinformation to society, it is only one of many possibilities that exist.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It's nice theory if you think about it,but IMHO a bit far fetched. . The many dimensions and frequencies science alone already discovered could hold so much information that it alone could already be proof that death alone is just passing through dimensional shift. And dying is just the side effect of this experience. Not that I'm fount of it but it seems that's price we have to pay to pass on.

But I respect your opinion on this and who knows your theory couldn't be that bad at al in the future?. .I always say nothing in rhis world is impossible because we create the world around us..

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
New here.

I do believe in mediums as I apparently hsd a full conversation with an uncle who died before I was born on my stepfather's side. Unfortunately, if I even say I see my own shadow, I'm threatened with a mental institution. And then they expect people to open up about their minds. Ha, okay.

Anyways, I believe in life after death. One of my theories is that you can never actually die, if you do, you pick up in an alternate dimension that allows your storyline to continue. When your life ends, you travel until you can find something to reincarnated to. Memories are lost during the reincarnation period, but it's most likely like living in an astral projection realm.

Past life regression meditation is my main focus now, because I'm a spiritual atheist if that even makes the slightest sense, and energy and afterlife is really intriguing to me.
edit on 01312k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

What you say is possible, Just because I cannot quite comprehend it YET doesn't mean I do not believe it is possible. Something more than we told exists is going on.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I've met plenty of people that have had these experiences.

I personally lost a close friend several years ago and, for kicks, "opened up" communication with him. Let's just say I got a lot more than I bargained for...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
the OP seems to be referring to the Children of the Paranormal TV series in which Chip Coffey and a child psychologist helps psychic kids to come to terms with their abilities and helps them meet other similar kids so they are not so isolated. I definitely think there are people who see, hear and feel stuff we dont and this has been going on since ancient times.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

I think your theory has validity because energy never dies but rather changes form (can't remember who said that). I also think another poster is onto something - it may be that the energy transfers to another energy field. But how do we pick up on it? Why do some pick up on it while others don't? What is that energy field?

I've had only a couple of strange occurrences and they have been with knowing when someone has died before I'm told. I am not aware I know until after someone informs me - then it hits me - the significance of having a vivid dream of them the previous night or why I had them strongly enter my mind for no apartment reason the day of their death. Because I've even slightly experienced this it's easy to resonate with a truth that something is going on that is unexplained. I can't imagine having this ability be even more prevalent - it's a little unnerving, and certainly no one to talk to about it who can explain.

top topics

join