It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mescalin and Universal Conformity.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Recently I was doing some serious meditation and spiritual exercises and some radical ideas came to me. I'm a big follower of authors like Aldous Huxley, H.G Wells, George Orwell and etc. I'd like to focus on Aldous Huxley's "The Doors of Perception" solely and point out some interesting observations Huxley made that I have also made which give me some grasp of paranormal activities.

Please keep in mind mescalin is a highly relegious and reputable plant not to be mistaken for a typical drug fiends fix.

Huxley suggested that "the function of the brain and nervous system and sense organs is in the main eliminative and productive. Each person is at each moment capable of remembering all that has ever happened to him and of perceiving everything that is happending everywhere in the universe. The function of the brain and nervous system is to protect us from being overwhelmed and confused by this mass of largely useless and irrelevant knowledge, by shutting out most of what we should otherwise perceive or remember at any moment, and leaving only that very small and special selection which is likely to be practically useful."

This suggests that perception isn't readily capable of interpreting things that effect us unless they are important to our immediate survival. What I mean by readily capable is that our brain has developed a filtering process to eliminate unusable information like incredible polygonal transfigurations, spiritually stimulating expierances and incredible conformity.

Mescalin exhibits effects similar to those felt by mystics and spiritual mediums. Everything seemingly simple is not so and at the same time perception is tricked into turning off its filtering device revealing reality for what it really is. Users frequently talk about infinite value and extreme universal conformity felt when taking mescalin.

To me this would link drug usage and paranormal activities. Now this NOT always the case as some people are more then likely desensitized to the filtering process of the brain. People with strong paranormal senses can often sense minute changes in perceptions, such as Spirits. Which could be two forms of reality clashing with each other - something your brain isn't able to comprehend because it slipped through the filtering process. You have to remember that we apparently evolved to life on earth not the other way around. So in saying that i'd say its extremely possible that the above statements hold value, as each stage of our evolution took place we became a product of this earths reality not a cosmic reality. What one race needs to survive another will not, for example bats. Bats do not need the visual perception to allow for thier survival.

Huxley, I and many other followers are not the only ones who feel this way. Anyone else interested or nay sayers should first read over The Tibetan Book of the Dead which reminds the reader to stay focused, not on physical pleasures.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Reminds me of when people drop acid and then try to convince everyone what they experienced was real. Heh, 3 pound universe I suppose.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
Reminds me of when people drop acid and then try to convince everyone what they experienced was real. Heh, 3 pound universe I suppose.

Please don't confuse acid with peyote for a minute. I highly respect Native American heritage to the point where I may get offended.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Linux,

First, great post.
Second, which translation do you recommend I read?

1.)The Tibetan Book of the Dead (Shambala Pocket Classics)
by CHOGYAM TRUNGPA
2.)Tibetan Book of the Dead
by ROBERT THURMAN

Or some other one? Any help would be appreciated...

Boba

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Acid has been used for paranormal power enhancement also. Who cares about what the natives think, it's our turn to make new interesting discoveries, heh just try every new drug under the sun one of them prob will make u telepathic, while the rest leave u as a vegetable lol.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hello bobafett1972

Excellant question, i'd suggest Robert Thurmans version of the book (which is what I have). If your really interested in the concept i'd also pick up some other books by him if your up for lots of reading. Chogyam Trungpa has some interesting books as well so be sure not to bypass him completely. Aldous Huxley has two books that might be of interest to you as well.. obviously the first is The Doors of Perception and Heaven and Hell. Also if your interested in psychotropical subjects make sure you pick up the Master Book of Herbalism by Paul Beyerl.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Linux
Hello bobafett1972

Excellant question, i'd suggest Robert Thurmans version of the book (which is what I have). If your really interested in the concept i'd also pick up some other books by him if your up for lots of reading. Chogyam Trungpa has some interesting books as well so be sure not to bypass him completely. Aldous Huxley has two books that might be of interest to you as well.. obviously the first is The Doors of Perception and Heaven and Hell. Also if your interested in psychotropical subjects make sure you pick up the Master Book of Herbalism by Paul Beyerl.

I'm off tomorrow guess I'll be making a trip to the Ye Olde Book Store. Thank for all the info Linux

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Back on the subject of reality mind bending i think that mushrooms may also be an intense mind enhancement. the people i talked to are always saying they feel like there in the centre of the universe. Or that they just feel things when they focus, I don't know if thats possible or not, and can see ghosts

thats freaky ecause i have seen people just tell the future somehow out of nowhere when they where on the effects of mushrooms it was quite interesting nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I strongly suggest you read some book by Carlos Castaneda: highly recommended are "The teachings of Don Juan", "Separate realities" and "The art of dreaming", but any of them is a fascinating travel into Native American shamanic traditions, the use of mescalin as a "perception enhancer" and how reality (and dreaming) can become warped by a subjective point of view. Real eye-opening stuff. They are available in any half-decent bookstore, both in paperback and hardcover.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Damaging ones body as a means to advance their awareness is not recommended, even in Native American wisdom. Forcing yourself to see or feel what you are not spiritually ready for will only cause a negative vibration in on your lifeline that will eventually come back as that - negative.

Native Americans rarely used such ways, and only when there was a dire need in which one member would be selected to use this method for the greater good of the clan.

Awareness, foresight, hindsight (lol), whatever you are seeking, should be sought by patient practice of your spirituality. Meditation will bring you closer to this awareness much faster, as well as much safer, if you continue to put the effort into it. Practice is constant, in many ways. You do not always have to sit in silence to achieve the state your reaching for; But working from a minute plus each day will increase the ease of that form.

Working w/ Earth energies along w/ the bodies natural energy points is also highly recommended.

I suggest:

Shaman, Healer, Sage
Meditation as Medicine (very useful; explains the hows and why from a medical standpoint as to why these things work)
In the Shadow of the Shaman

There are many others; The point is to work w/ what you naturally have.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Linux,
Don't look at acid as it is known today, its existed naturally for a long long time.. i.e. pergot bread, or what have you ..
but along the subject of the mentality it creates: what one tries to do by meditating isn't trying at all, the whole purpose of it is to listen to Everything, even yourself, and not to desire to not desire, if you follow me.. you can't shut up the voices in your head, so instead listen to them, I know that may sound crazy, but if your meditating for reasons your not meditating. Its my belief that when we harness the power we have while in meditation we would constantly feel as if we were in a deja vu..... always... I think what Deja Vu is, is simply a reality check.
If your interested at all in that particular drug/tool I suggest reading "The Teachings of Don Juan"

and for all those people who have problems meditating you should seek out an audio done by Alan Watts, he's very insightful and hands down some very good knowledge.

[edit on 6/12/04 by dnero6911]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juanita
Damaging ones body as a means to advance their awareness is not recommended, even in Native American wisdom. Forcing yourself to see or feel what you are not spiritually ready for will only cause a negative vibration in on your lifeline that will eventually come back as that - negative.

Native Americans rarely used such ways, and only when there was a dire need in which one member would be selected to use this method for the greater good of the clan.

Absolutely correct, I'm not saying to go out and buy peyote to use - thats very hazardous for anyone who isn't ready. What I am offering is that you look at mescalin not as a drug but as a tool. From first hand expierance, force feeding myself certain substances did not produce negative vibes only more questions without answers.

Oh one last comment, damaging your body is such a derogatory word for what mescalin actually does. I wouldn't use damaging as my word of choice to describe it.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Linux,
Don't look at acid as it is known today, its existed naturally for a long long time.. i.e. pergot bread, or what have you ..

Hello dnero
actually what you mean is ergot, mold that grows on various natural wheats. I'm not saying acid is a bad thing, what im saying is that people only use it for recreational purposes.

but along the subject of the mentality it creates: what one tries to do by meditating isn't trying at all, the whole purpose of it is to listen to Everything, even yourself, and not to desire to not desire, if you follow me.. you can't shut up the voices in your head, so instead listen to them, I know that may sound crazy, but if your meditating for reasons your not meditating. Its my belief that when we harness the power we have while in meditation we would constantly feel as if we were in a deja vu..... always... I think what Deja Vu is, is simply a reality check.
If your interested at all in that particular drug/tool I suggest reading "The Teachings of Don Juan"

I catch your drift and im not meditating for any particular reason myself, yes it has some mental benefits which i'd like to point out work for a wide array of people. Interesting concept on on Deja Vu by the way, it would make for an interesting talk if you havn't already made a thread.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Can you please explain to me exactly what mescaline does to your body for you to be able to "trip"? How is that not damaging. The negative vibe is through the conscious decision to inflict harm in any way to one's own self.

You may have concluded that I do not believe in this method. At one time I sought the use of these 'tools' as a way to explore the areas of the mind that they seem to open up. Acid in it's chemical form should never ever be used...That's not to say that I haven't; But I've come to a greater understanding of my body, its energies, and the earth energies. I also have a better understanding of Native American wisdom.

Once, when talking w/ a psychologist friend of mine (ha!! didn't even have to pay!!), I was telling her about one of my trips on acid. She asked if I ever had any 'flashbacks' to which I answered "no". Then she explained how 'flashbacks' were the result of "unfinished business" in your 'trip'. (Funny word, 'trip'; Is that a 'trip' out of our current perception of reality?) That's not to say that there is something specific that you have to do, but rather look into the reason as to why you are using these 'tools' and if its for the purpose that you are referring to, then you better d*mn well continue that quest in your 'trip'!!

Very, very few people are ready for the peyote experience and isn't sought much by those who are ready for the simple reason that they have already found ways to experience such a state through natural (no ingested/inhaled 'tools' needed) means and enjoy the satisfaction of doing it that way. It is exhilirating to get your first glimpse of that 'state of mind' by practice instead of rushing into instant gratification.

There is a reason why practice results in a better understanding of what it is you're searching for as opposed to abusing such God-given 'tools' by forcing your mind somewhere it is not naturally (w/out practice) ready to go.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have done mushrooms before and the last time that I did it something realy bad happened to me. I would like to know if anyone eles has experience this or have an explanition for what happened to me? In my last mushroom trip everything was going good in the beginging until it hit mid peak and thats when all hell broke loose. I could not focus on anything and I could not hold a thought in my head. It was a totall lost of control of my thoughts. It was as though random images and thoughts were flowing through my head at a hundred miles per second. It was complete madness and I could not take it anymore and everyone started to freak out. I remember gettting up from my living room and entiring my bedroom where my friend who brought us the shrooms were( he was also freaking out) and I remember telling him that I need to go to the hospital and as soon as I said that I colapsed on the floor and everything went blank. It was like if I was in the matrix when neo first went in and morpheus was loading up with guns and all sorts of crap. Anyways it was just plain white everything around me was white it felt like if I had died. I could hear my friends calling out to me but I could not move or speak I couldnt even move my hands or open my eyes. This lasted for a couple of minutes then slowly I came back and my friends and I instantly came out of the peak and into the mellow part of the trip. They said that they checked my pulse and they couldnt find one and my body turned cold. Personally I think that I died and God gave me a second chance to clean up my life. The next morning I cleaned up my room and threw away all of my bongs and anything that had to do with drugs. I would like to know if anyone else has experianced what I went threw or does anyone know what the hell happened to me? IMO I think that shrooms or any other phsycodelic drug is meant to be taken only a couple of times in ones lifetime to inhance there spiritual and well being.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juanita
Can you please explain to me exactly what mescaline does to your body for you to be able to "trip"? How is that not damaging. The negative vibe is through the conscious decision to inflict harm in any way to one's own self.

Yes as a matter of fact I can. Peyote itself is actually very low in toxicity compared to other things, consider vioxx for a good example. I'm not sure exactly where your getting your negative vibe facts from. That's a personal call and other expieranced users would argue that point. Consider this paragraph:

"Peyote eaten in ceremony has assumed the role of a sacrament in part because of its biological activity: the sense of well-being that it induces and the psychological effects (the chief of which is the kaleidoscopic play of richly colored visions) often experienced by those who indulge in its use. Peyote is considered sacred by native Americans, a divine "messenger" enabling the individual to communicate with God without the medium of a priest. It is an earthly representative of God to many peyotists. "God told the Delawares to do good even before He sent Christ to the whites who killed him�" an Indian explained to an anthropologist. "God made Peyote. It is His power. It is the power of Jesus. Jesus came afterwards on this earth, after Peyote�. God (through Peyote) told the Delawares the same things that Jesus told the whites."

The trip is too expierance a world of things that would otherwise be hidden to the user. I never said that it should be a subsitute for meditation and exemplary exercises that are much safer.

You may have concluded that I do not believe in this method. At one time I sought the use of these 'tools' as a way to explore the areas of the mind that they seem to open up. Acid in it's chemical form should never ever be used...That's not to say that I haven't; But I've come to a greater understanding of my body, its energies, and the earth energies. I also have a better understanding of Native American wisdom.

No actually I never questioned your past with any drug. That's great for you, whatever works for you is different from what works with me, Hottentot tribesman, Native Americans etc. Culture is too diverse to implant a weakly supported label on it - your questioning someone's entire cultural system.

Once, when talking w/ a psychologist friend of mine (ha!! didn't even have to pay!!), I was telling her about one of my trips on acid. She asked if I ever had any 'flashbacks' to which I answered "no". Then she explained how 'flashbacks' were the result of "unfinished business" in your 'trip'. (Funny word, 'trip'; Is that a 'trip' out of our current perception of reality?) That's not to say that there is something specific that you have to do, but rather look into the reason as to why you are using these 'tools' and if its for the purpose that you are referring to, then you better d*mn well continue that quest in your 'trip'!!

Your psychologist friend of yours isn't exactly right on the mark. People with genetic history of mental disorders contributes alot to if that person will have a flashback. Not everyone has these, it depends on certain variables and im not sure if unfinished buisness is one of these. I may be wrong however so correct me if i am. The reason I use these tools is not a weakness because I can't achieve what is available through hard work. It's a provider of insight, i've taken a long road to prepare myself for these tools. I didn't just get up one day and choose to do it, which I do not think anyone should do.

Very, very few people are ready for the peyote experience and isn't sought much by those who are ready for the simple reason that they have already found ways to experience such a state through natural (no ingested/inhaled 'tools' needed) means and enjoy the satisfaction of doing it that way. It is exhilirating to get your first glimpse of that 'state of mind' by practice instead of rushing into instant gratification.

Very very true. People still DO seek peyote however and yes they are also very strong spiritually imagine being raised that way your entire life in a native tribe. On a last note, I think your right about rushing into this expierance that should not be done. I do think however once you have achieved a certain level of awareness it should merit a try on your list of earthly things to do before passing on.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
No, I'm not questioning anyone's entire cultural system. I have never wanted or needed to do such.

You still didn't explain what the toxins, even in its milder form, does to your body to make you experience the 'trip-like' state. Do you know?

And I never claimed that my friend was stating a fact on her psychological opinions as to why people have 'flashbacks'. Not everyone who experiences these fit into her psychological explanations, obviously, and I don't recall her saying that everyone does.

Anyways, if you feel you are ready for such an experience, then go for it. We live and learn if not the other way around. Some people shouldn't be denied this opportunity as it can be used as a reference point to further ones knowledge and insight. My only point was that extreme caution be used and to apply natural practices long before ever deciding to do this.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
I have done mushrooms before and the last time that I did it something realy bad happened to me. I would like to know if anyone eles has experience this or have an explanition for what happened to me?

I'd likely factor the type of mushrooms and how much you got into the equation. Perhaps your friend went out on his lawn and picked some very dangerous mushrooms to give to you. Some species of mushrooms are very dangerous to injest and could lead to convulsions, hysteria and possibly even death depending on what type and how much. This is why someone who has little knowledge of a drug should research and prepare more - be safe not sorry.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
No I know for a fact that he did not go on to his lawn and pick up a random shroom. He use to be a dealer and he had a connect. We always do an 8th of it and that night we did an 8th as well. The guy that he got it from said that it was the reall deal the most powerful he has ever gotten. The colors on the stem were an asortment of blue and white. Eh maybe I just did to much. I always wanted to do mescal is it simular to shrooming.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just a few ways that I refer to "damaging the body":

'___'

'___', Psilocybin/Psilocyn Mushrooms, and Peyote/Mescaline

'___', mushrooms, and mescaline cause similar psychological effects. Light, colors, and shapes are altered, and imaginary objects appear. Walls "melt." Abusers feel like they are floating, being pressed down, or moving in slow motion. Users focus on tiny details for hours. They lose track of long periods of time.

Hallucinogens cause extreme, upsetting mood swings. Thoughts jump from idea to idea, memory to memory. Users feel their bodies growing, shrinking, or changing shape, or they feel as if they no longer exist.

Short-term Effects of '___', Mushrooms, and Mescaline

'___', mushrooms, and mescaline can cause these physical symptoms:

* Dilated pupils
* Dizziness
* Dry mouth
* Numbness
* Tremors
* Heavy perspiration
* Bad body odor
* Chills
* "Goose bumps"
* Nausea
* Muscle weakness
* Trembling
* Poor coordination
* Lowered body temperature ('___' or psilocybin mushrooms)
* Higher body temperature (peyote/mescaline)
* Rapid heart rate ('___' or psilocybin mushrooms)
* Depressed heart rate and breathing (peyote/mescaline)
* High blood pressure ('___' or psilocybin mushrooms)
* Lowered blood pressure (peyote/mescaline)
* Seizures ('___' or psilocybin mushrooms)

Long-term Effects of '___', Mushrooms, and Mescaline

'___', mushrooms, and mescaline can cause these effects with heavy or continued use:

* Psychological dependence
* Cross-tolerance -- the need for increasing amounts to feel effects; covers various substances, not just those someone has used
* Depression
* Anxiety
* Increased risk of developing schizophrenia or psychotic episodes
* Miscarriages
* Birth defects
* Fatal liver damage if the wrong mushroom is ingested.
* Flashbacks
* Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) -- trailing images, spots, auras, and other visual disturbances; depression, or panic attacks; long after use or perhaps permanent

From here

top topics

<<   2 >>

join