It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't the lights or phones work in my dreams?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's probably just your subconscious mind, but just in case, watch for other symptoms down the road like hearing voices/conversation as you are drifting off to sleep, or waking up to sounds like knocking on walls, or seeing faint images on waking; and watch for a pattern of dreams or nightmares that seem corrupted or unnatural.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wow. OP, I have the exact, I mean EXACT same dream about once a month.

In my dream, I will wake up in my room and it will be pitch black, and I will have a sense of dread in the pit of my stomach. So out of instinct I will get up and try to turn on a light and of course it doesn't work. I then try to use my phone as light, but my phone doesn't work either. As of late, during the last moments, I will realize that it is only in my dreams that this whole lights and phones not working thing happens, and it's an interesting feeling to know you are in a dream...

I'm just totally shocked that someone else out there has the exact same dream sequence.

Star and flag.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

You as well, please be attentive for additional symptoms over time as I describe above, even months or years away. This particular dream sequence has been identified as an initial tactic used.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I've had a similar dream on occasion for many years now. It always starts out with being in the dark and light switches not working, panic setting in, and then realizing I'm in a dream and wake up. Until recently, it always started where I would go from one light switch to the next in the closest rooms, then as panic sets in I sense an evil entity in the house. I would then usually confront it by rushing into a dark room, which gave me goosebumps, and trying to shout at it to leave the house. My words are always muffled at this point as I try to speak, and I just can't seem to speak properly. That's usually when my wife would wake me up because I had woken her up with my muffled shouts as I lay there sleeping. For the past year, I realize I'm dreaming by the first or second light switch not working and wake up. I even had one where the light switches didn't work, so I became aware I was dreaming and woke up, but only in my dream. So, it felt like my brain tricked me with a dream in a dream on that one. I don't usually have control of this dream; I just realize I'm dreaming and wake up.
edit on 5-4-2014 by Seavon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Because it represents that you are 'disconnected' from the light/communication of your unseen self.

It is trying to awaken you.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
same thing as why can't I throw good punches in my dreams... I have read y.ou can learn how to do anything in your virtual reality dream world by using certain techniques or even change a scenery in your dream. It is a matter of talking the same language as your subconscious mind. It is not always a literal translation.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Minnie1985

The house is always dark and everytime I turn a light switch on it never works, and the panic gets a million times worse as I move from room to room only to find that none of the lights will work, this often coincides with me desperately trying to phone for help, but I just keep getting the wrong number, sometimes i'm just completely incapable of even making the call and despair really starts to set in.

There are some dire disaster scenarios that involve the lights not working. Probably the most dire of them all is a World War 3 (nuclear war) type scenario, but there are EMP scenarios as well. There's a really gloomy fiction novel called "One Second After" where the plotline is about an EMP scenario.

Most Americans have lived all their lives with very reliable, cheap electricity, but that's very unusual, historically speaking.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join