It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The way UFO pictures have advanced over the last 60 years....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
(I know that this topic has come up before but the biggest one i could find was almost 6 years old and I figure maybe some new ideas or thoughts might be available for discussion)

As a believer in extraterrestrial life and advanced civilizations, I sometimes look over pictures of UFOs and "evidence" of aliens visiting earth. But one thing I dont understand is how most (might be some that arent) of the older pictures are not just blown off as laughable for how poor quality design they are. Some of these "Spacecraft" dont look like they could hold together to fly 100 feet.

**I have pulled these photos to be used as examples only (only searched by timeline) otherwise completely randomly. Most or even all of these may have been proven hoaxed or debunked... I dont really care**

The first example i wanted to use is the classic saucer and antenna design.

These are just very kinda hard to look at and not see them as a hoax.

The disk and dome design..

To me it doesnt make much sense to travel to a foreign planet and not have a viewing area on the bottom of the aircraft.... unless maybe they like looking at atmospheres.

Then there was a burst of bell shaped ships.

Some of these pictures had an excessive amount of accessories all over them.

Then there was the plain disk type.

This would be the type I believe I have spotted, I did not get enough time to really tell a shape but this would be the closest.

Then there seemed to be a large jump in technology.....

UFOs seemed to get crazy in the 80's.... they really started to get the bling going. And of course you gotta go check out the Olympics.

I did find a "chart" that has a few examples of these:

Then we have some of the more current ones:

Which of course the black triangle is the most well recognized UFO right now (in my opinion)

And as I started this post.... Why are the older ones still used as proof... they are very hardly believable. Also even if someone wants to argue "Technology advances on other planets as well as earth." well I find it hard to believe that a civilization that has been advancing for so long and can travel to other planets/solar systems made leaps like that in 50 years.... just doesnt seem right. But like I said I wanted this to be an ongoing discussion and not a thread where I am trying to push my own beliefs.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAoxx

Are you suggesting the UFO photos are either fake or it's an advanced tech of our own going through upgrades?

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
In Jungian terms, what you're seeing is the transformation of (living) myth over time. The symbolic forms that our psychic projections take as culture changes. If we had pictures going back far enough, we would see chariots and shields and airships and mansions gradually changing too.

edit on 25-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I completely understand that, what is on my mind is why do people still use those old 1950 photos as "evidence" of aliens and UFOs when they are obviously faked or are human (earth beings) created and not alien aircraft.
edit on 25-12-2013 by MrAoxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAoxx

A lot of those old photographs were from people who threw hats and frisbee-like things through the air and took a picture of it.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAoxx

I completely understand that, what is on my mind is why do people still use those old 1950 photos as "evidence" of aliens and UFOs when they are obviously faked or are human (earth beings) created and not alien aircraft.

Can you explain the features of the photo which makes them so obviously fake. You realise making sweeping generalisations in debates on Ufos doesn't help at all.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

MrAoxx

No, that's just it. They hold more weight because photographically altering them is very very difficult. In most cases, not just the single image of the ufo is analyzed. It would be the entire roll of film.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
reply to post by MrAoxx

A lot of those old photographs were from people who threw hats and frisbee-like things through the air and took a picture of it.

In those cases, the protocol would be to check for anomalous shadows, camera settings, etc., for impossibilities.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I am not making sweeping generalizations.... the photos that come from the early 50s always had the tilted plane (hat or frisbee being thrown upward) or the focus was clear on the object and blurry on things that should have been in focus (unless the object was much closer to the camera) and of course the HUGE advancements that took place with the tech in a short period of time. And seeing as how these were supposed to have traveled from atleast outside of out solar system you figure they have been working on this for a while and wouldnt be "trial and error" advancing within 10 years....

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAoxx

I've seen the Black Triangle before when I was a kid - it was outside of Fairchild AFB, in Spokane, WA. They are the same craft that can light up bright in the sky and cross from one horizon to the next in seconds - when they come lower, they can hover silently - we had one of them hover above our lawn because we were just kids and we had been signalling it with a flashlight.

If you watch The X Files: Season 1, Episode 1, you will see an exact example of what a Flying Triangle really looks like - I can verify from personal experience. Watching that episode will show you both hovering mode and the fast-flight mode - although I am not sure about the craft being able to accelerate into an upward shot - I would guess it would hover up before shooting across the sky.

It turns out that a lot of people think that they are from the Aurora Project.
edit on 25pmWed, 25 Dec 2013 15:07:44 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 25pmWed, 25 Dec 2013 15:09:17 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

MrAoxx

Well, because different people project the archetypes of the collective unconscious in different forms. Forms of their time and place.

WE are the aliens, the angels, the vampires, the heavens, the hells, the gods, the daimons, the zombies. And they are us.

Always have been.

edit on 25-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

WE are the aliens, the angels, the vampires, the heavens, the hells, the gods, the daimons, the zombies. And they are us.

Nicely said.

We've hidden ourselves in plain sight.

KPB

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The kind I've seen, the saucer with the see through tops and the cigar shaped vessels have been put in the bible.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Ex-Vatican Translator, Mauro Biglino's Alternative Creation/Translation Theory

They've been around for a long time.

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This selection of photos is a bit misleading.
People are still reporting many of the above UFO configurations in different parts of the world.
There were the glowy ones over DC in the 60's the battle of los angeles ball of light. the bells, the eggs, the cigars, trapeziods, barbells, triangles, pinwheels and of course phosphorescent flying giant jellyfish.
a veritable galaxy of shapes and sizes.
whoever these guys are, theyre very into customizations i guess.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Totally agree with you, I have noticed that UFO reports still have a lot of different descriptions in them. But if you look at the majority of american reports it seems to be "Black triangle, solid orb, disk with pulsing/rotating lights ect" and in china and russia i hear of crazy designs like the pyramid and spiral ones (really not sure if any pyramid ones have been spotted in the US) but then i see and hear reports of the old 50s type reported in the US coming out of places like mexico and south america (given they also report a lot of orbs too) and it just seems like maybe our movies and SciFi might have influenced these.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I love watching the advancement of black projects over the decades. Really goes to show how adept we are at manipulating the world around us. I just wish they'd stop manipulating the masses.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAoxx

As for alleged UFO photographs, we will never know the real from the fake. So about the best we can do is to view (no pun) them as interesting. But, either, there are an awful lot of fakes out there, or an great many different types of ships are coming by our place. True skeptics will opt for the former explanation in all cases, because of course, authentic alien UFOs don't exist. (That way they keep the Universe nice and tidy and their superior positions intact.) Others folks may wonder if the different craft, sometimes also visual reports accompanying them to lend some credibility, are indicative that many different versions witnessed is indicative that our world is really a cross-roads for galactic visitors and the craft are, of course, different because of the world conditions from which they have come and because of the requirements of the entities onboard? After all, allowing one advanced race of being out there, why not countless others many with the means of UFO-like transportation.

The interesting aspect of discussing the varieties of UFOs is the fairly recent appearance of the triangles. My contention and that of many others is that they are our own versions of UFOs. I suggest that the triangle shape is due to engineer difficulties if not human abilities we have to still use the old three-axis type of aircraft control system, and thus, the distinctive shape from the originals. (Not because UFOs rely on using air for lift and propulsion but because we have yet to apply the ETs methods to control our ships.)

Too many triangles have been reported by people in the US and UK for them to be anything but exactly what they seem. In that way they tend to fall out of your questioning of photographs. For instance, it makes absolutely no difference if the Belgium photo of 89 is a fake or not because too many personal sightings have been reported otherwise.

The appearance of the triangles represent a benchmark. Their appearance is a new development. Are they a new, very active ET craft hanging around for over three decades now, or are they one of our designs? Frankly, I have no doubt that they are an active aspect of the US Space Force and the real object for Reagan's "Star Wars," which was initiated at about the same time.

True, there are some old triangle-type sightings reported, but nothing like the last few years. The appearance of the triangles singularly and in formation at times is a clear indication that they are not prototypes, but operational units that have the experience and capability to operate about anywhere down close to the surface with a high rate of reliability of both pilots and craft.

As I've said countless times, they are our ticket to the Moon and probably Mars and the reason why there is a new shuttle-type of rocket is never going to fly again by the US and why the ISS itself will soon be allowed to be abandoned, a relic of times past.

top topics

join